It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria on flood watch amid downpours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Victoria on flood watch amid downpours

news.ninemsn.com.au

Victoria remains on flood watch as much of the state recorded heavy downpours overnight and more is forecast to come.

Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Dean Stewart said the heaviest rainfall was in the state's northwest and the highest downpour reported was 58mm in Charnwood, in the Strathbogie Ranges.

The biggest rainfall for Saturday was expected in Victoria's northeast with many communities put on flood watch.

"We should see fairly common totals getting up around the 100mm or higher around the northeast ranges tonight," he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bom.gov.au

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its not too heavy around the CBD area in Victoria (australia) at this stage however they are claming we could sitll have heavy rain furhter out in regional areas. They are planning on evacuations if need be in regional areas according to the article and warnings on the highway billboards here also. Seems that we have gone from water restrictions to heavy rain in the duration of a year. Has any one experienced this in regional vic or SA? I looked at the radar showing only moderate rainfall for vic at this stage. Any ideas?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm near the Airport (tulla) and not much rain here -yet-. I'm hoping for more but we usually miss out on the good stuff.

lol@ water restrictions to TOO MUCH water.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Wierd, last year the were cancelling footy matches due to the grounds being to hard and dry.
I just heard on the news a country footy grand final has to be moved due to heavy rain...

Not that much rain here in SE suburbs..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
im near Calder Raceway and we had a fantastic downpour overnight....hoping for more today....my backyard hasnt been this green and lush in years.

this will boost our reservoir levels alot, they are expecting alot of low down snowfalls that were dumped last week to melt due to the rain today which will make for some great inflows into the dams but unfortunately alot of flooding in the north east of the state. im guessing lakes entrance will get flooded again like a couple years ago after a massive storm hit the high country.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
im near Calder Raceway and we had a fantastic downpour overnight....hoping for more today....my backyard hasnt been this green and lush in years.

hey neighbour i'm 5-10 minute drive from you.

i must have slept through the downpour. there's certainly not much rain at the moment. there is meant to be a thunderstorm beginning after lunch. i hope it is a big one.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Hope it hold off for the footy..

"GO PIES"

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hi all, its raining down here but nothing hectic or crazy...the wind picked up and then dropped. However the BOM issued a melbourne flood warning it seems however if you read it youll notice its a bit odd...its not a warning but a heads up for future flooding
Is it me but does it seem wierd?! So are they saying its going to come now monday/tues after it hits tassie then back up to melb?

Any ideas? They also said another hail storm can be expected on the ninemsn.com video but at this stage its just raining, however its not that cold funny enough.

www.bom.gov.au...

edit -just saw radar, you can see there are some patches of rain up near marybnong etc but mostly moderate. Any ideas?

radar (melb weather)

PS reminds me of the tsunami warning they spoke of on the coast a few months back that never quite materialised so maybe just this a precaution at most.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by q_ball]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Warnings Summary -
www.bom.gov.au...

Funny enough its cleared up here in melb some what the suns up with a light wind...however I checked the radar and if im correct it looks like it is clear above however it is moving down so we may see the rain later this evening. Hows the rest of the vic looking for others? Is there any flooding?

weather radar

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's 2:45am and there's no rain just really crazy wind.
Some towns have been evacuated because of floods and main highways are blocked in places. Crazy stuff.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
3am here in albury the major rain has passed all the snow washed away so the run off is filling all the rivers expect flooding off that!

anyhow yeh major wind happening so trees and branches are everywhere here

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We've had a got spot of rain this year.

Floods might be a little annoying but it's not like we don't need the water.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is Mad here at the moment 5am, never seen wind like this,my house walls are breathing the house is moving,am on the coast in sth gippy.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I lost power at 1am sunday and didnt have it for over 24 hours..the wind was crazy things in my room where shaking could barely sleep from it!

Im in the suburbs, any one else loose power for long periods?

new topics

top topics

join