It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is world's greatest threat - Tony Blair

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

I resent the assumption that only those who follow the Roman Catholic Church, or for that matter attend services at a form of Church are some how less Christian than those who do.
For a start Roman Catholicism is the most blasphemous crock of crap I ever heard of. It clearly states in the Bible that the stories within are not to be sullied or changed, and yet its a known fact that a whole host of saints are inventions of the Catholics, and not featured in the original scripture. They were inserted to make the Pagan converts more comfortable with thier conversion to the Catholic faith. The invention of those saints by the Church was a heresy of galactic proportions.
And furthermore, Christianity is the worship of Christ. Jesus never said, "build temples unto me, and attend them only on the last of the days of the week!". Jesus bought people to him, and to God by visiting them in thier homes, where entire rooms would be filled with family and followers , where he would spread the messege of the prince of peace. He specificaly did NOT want people meeting in Churches, and having pastors vicars priests and what have you clogging up the faith, because he knew them to be flawed, mortal .
Its the purest way to worship Christ, and through him God, to meet in the home, to bring people in charity and companionship to the word of God without the trappings of organised religion. It is not supposed to be a society event, nor a badge of status, nor are persons involved with it supposed to pontificate, and blow hard about thier efforts in the name of Christ, something which Churches, of both Catholic and Protestant persuasion have an annoying habit of forgetting.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Look blame the west all you want.... But those muslims have been fighting over anything and everything for hundreds of years. They gas their own people, they behead them, they stone and hang themselves.

Are you saying the taliban would not have blown that widows head off (she was fricking pregnant for christs sake) Because she slept with a man FOUR years after her husband died????? Then they lashed the guy 200 times and let him live... Thats logic for you..I say instead of standing up against our Govts. lets stand up against religion..
Link
www.thaindian.com...

Muslims as far as I am concerned are just as weak minded as any other religions... The difference is MOST aspects of the other religions have evolved and have figured out how to fit into the modern world.

Everyone acts as though the west is the cause for every problem in the world.. Yes, we have made some very poor choices...But do we do any good? How much Aide do we give away? Any Ideas? Billions!!!!

How many radical muslims have we killed?? Not enough!!!!!

I want our boys home... But if I can't get that to happen... I want them to win..PERIOD!!!

I wish we would leave all of the people of the world to fend for themselves.. Keep our money and let you find another country to vilify!!!

South Koreans want us out?? Lets leave and leave now!!!! That area would be known as the Korean Desert.

Leave Israel to fight its own battles... Israel would be destroyed .. But a million or so dirt squirls would be dead around Israel.

Take the money saved.... 100 foot fence 50k volts running through the border.... You apply at the gates... we will email or mail you your entry pass if you are accepted. PERIOD!!!!!!

And from here on out.... If you pick a fight with the USA... We will come and kick your teeth down your throat... Then your land and people are ours... If the people dont like it.. get out or die...

Sounds rough? Mean?? I bet people like Kim Ill or Wackmahandjob would shut their crazy mouth...

I am sick and tired of waiting on WW3 ... can we please get some action going..The only way this planet is going to come together peacefully is A)Alien Invasion ... B) WW3 IMO

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

www.bbc.co.uk

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has described radical Islam as the greatest threat facing the world today.

Mr Blair said radical Islamists believed that whatever was done in the name of their cause was justified - including the use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons
(visit the link for the full news article)

I disagree.
The most dangerous threat to the world is corporate business and government.

A terrorist attack threatens a group of people in a country, the financial crisis that they didn't see coming affects billions of people.

It amazes me that they take such efforts to prevent attacks which will affect a few hundred people at most, instigating new laws, destroying freedoms and hyping up the threats, and yet something that threatens the very stability of the entire nation is "overlooked".

How many nations now rely on other nations for importing food, fuel and so on? Where is National Security concern there?

A minority of corporations now control much of the global business and trade. Where is the National Security concern there?

That we trust a single word any of these idiots say is very surprising.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

This is possibly the most insightful post on the thread. Nice one!
Star !

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

www.bbc.co.uk

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has described radical Islam as the greatest threat facing the world today.

Mr Blair said radical Islamists believed that whatever was done in the name of their cause was justified - including the use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons
(visit the link for the full news article)

I disagree.
The most dangerous threat to the world is corporate business and government.

A terrorist attack threatens a group of people in a country, the financial crisis that they didn't see coming affects billions of people.

It amazes me that they take such efforts to prevent attacks which will affect a few hundred people at most, instigating new laws, destroying freedoms and hyping up the threats, and yet something that threatens the very stability of the entire nation is "overlooked".

How many nations now rely on other nations for importing food, fuel and so on? Where is National Security concern there?

A minority of corporations now control much of the global business and trade. Where is the National Security concern there?

That we trust a single word any of these idiots say is very surprising.

Two comments:

1) The most dangerous corporations on the planet are Judaism, Inc., Christianity, Inc. and Islamism, Inc. The Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' are willing to bring about the annihilation of human civilization itself for the purpose of their own economic self-preservation. This is the reason why they have censored and suppressed, for at least the past 32 years, the Truth about the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

2) If "radical Islam" were seriously the most dangerous threat on this planet, then the media would take some serious measures at striking at the theological, Doctrinal foundation of "radical Islam" as well as "radical Judaism" and "radical Christianity"--which is in the disinterpretation of the Doctrine of "resurrection". But, on the contrary, the media is doing everything it possibly can to censor and suppress the Doctrine which is most threatening to "radical Islam".

Any evil of "radical Islam" is aided and abetted by its accomplices in the media, who are censoring and suppressing the Truth about the "resurrection".

Michael Cecil

edit on by Michael Cecil because: change "will" to "would" and "thing" to "threat"

edit on by Michael Cecil because:
edit on by Michael Cecil because: change "will" to "would" and "thing" to "threat"

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

What he fails to point out is that if it wasn't for Mr Blair, Mr Bush and Mr Cheney, there probably wouldn't BE radical Islamists as we know them in 2010.

Um ... wrong. There has been 'radical Islam' since Islam was invented by Muhammad. It spread at the point of a sword. Now it spreads with guns and bombs. To say that Blair and Bush invented Islamic Terrorists is to fail to understand the history of Islam.

"Why I am not a Muslim" by Ibn Warriq. Read it. The truth shall set you free.

Radical Islam itself isn't the worlds greatest threat. LIES are. The truth must be told in order to combat ignorance. Radical fundamentalist religions that call for the deaths of all non-believers are a danger to the world. Communism is a danger to the world. Globalism is a danger. The shadow business world that runs wars are a danger. The global-warming hoax which is really a massive money making scheme for the elite is a danger.

The LIES that cover these is the utlimate danger.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What he fails to point out is that if it wasn't for Mr Blair, Mr Bush and Mr Cheney, there probably wouldn't BE radical Islamists as we know them in 2010.

Um ... wrong. There has been 'radical Islam' since Islam was invented by Muhammad. It spread at the point of a sword. Now it spreads with guns and bombs. To say that Blair and Bush invented Islamic Terrorists is to fail to understand the history of Islam.

"Why I am not a Muslim" by Ibn Warriq. Read it. The truth shall set you free.

Radical Islam itself isn't the worlds greatest threat. LIES are. The truth must be told in order to combat ignorance. Radical fundamentalist religions that call for the deaths of all non-believers are a danger to the world. Communism is a danger to the world. Globalism is a danger. The shadow business world that runs wars are a danger. The global-warming hoax which is really a massive money making scheme for the elite is a danger.

The LIES that cover these is the utlimate danger.

And the most serious and the most subtle of lies are always THEOLOGICAL lies.

Those are the lies that EVERYONE wants to ignore; especially, the religious 'authorities' themselves.

Because that is how they make their MONEY.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It is interesting to see all those opinions here.

After all Tony Blair simply tried to explain, why he belongs to the good guys, although he supported the death of so many people. It must be very awkward to him. When he started, the world expected a more liberal and tollerant leadership in the UK.

He cannot say: We need the ressources. So he says: They are bad people!

At the end he simply wants to save his ass from the history books. Imagine, what the children could learn in the future: Tony Blair fought side by side against the bad bad Muslims.

I fear, some here would sign this.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Here we go again, I'll try and explain but I know I'll get nowhere.
[

Here we go again indeed... And yes, i know people like you don't want to change your minds and can't admit when you are wrong...

I didn't say anywhere that TB and GB were responsible for all Islamic Fundamentalist, Radical Islam or any such concept.

Excuse me?... You are trying to claim that because of GB, and TB radical islamists exists as we know them in 2010... That is nothing more than an ignorant comment, because you are ignoring the fact that ISLAMIC EXTREMISM HAS EXISTED SINCE THE 7th CENTURY AND HASN'T DISSAPEARED...

Never in my life have I seen such obstinate reasoning, where arguments have gone off on a tangent by pedantically picking on ONE PHRASE, derailing the key argument and citing the actions of centuries ago in an argument based in modern times.

The "obstinate reasoning" which you are using to "pedantically" nickpick and twistss the facts has been used by you...

If Italy attacked Greece tomorrow, would you say those damned Romans and their Empire, always looking to expand??? No of course you wouldn't.

Where the hell have you been hiding?... You don't know that even countries which were/are against the war in the Middle East HAVE BEEN ATTACKED, OR AT LEAST TRIED TO, BY ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS?....

German raids target 'violent Islamic extremists'

More than 150 German investigators fanned out across Berlin Wednesday, searching dozens of apartments allegedly linked to "potentially violent Islamic extremists," a police spokeswoman told CNN.

The raids centered on a group of approximately 15 suspects -- most of them German citizens -- believed to be plotting bomb attacks in Russia, the release stated. Police said the suspects' actions were being directed by a Berlin-based Islamist organization.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

Did Russia participate in the Iraqi war against Iraq?... In fact the Russian government was caught helping the Iraqi regime by giving them U.S. and allied troop movements by a Russian ambassador...

You think Islamic extremists have not tried to kill German people?...

Terror from the German Heartland
By Marcel Rosenbach and Holger Stark

Exactly one year ago, German investigators arrested three Muslim extremists. They wanted to build a bomb in southern Germany capable of killing as many as possible. The ringleader was born and raised in a German family. But how did he become a terrorist?

And who did these Islamic terrorist wanted to murder?...

'Allah Has Blinded Them'

Gelowicz and Yilmaz talk shop about the number of bombs and victims. They expect there to be at least 150 casualties, with the target being someplace big -- a place like Frankfurt Airport. Yilmaz suggests the central German city of Giessen, noting that there are some really big American discos there. He says that he wants "to maximize the impact, Achi, really: another Sept. 11."

www.spiegel.de...

And don't you try to "blame the American discos" because it would show even more your ignorance...

Islamic Extremists have even planned to attack Canada, France, and other countries and cities around the world...but you want to claim "it is all because of GB and TB"...

Latest update: 19/01/2010 - Canada - terrorism
Leader of Toronto bourse bomb plot sentenced to life in prison

The leader of a group of 18 alleged Islamic extremists accused of planning to bomb the Toronto Stock Exchange and other targets was sentenced to life in prison on Monday for "his role in a terrorist plot".

www.france24.com...

updated 5:30 a.m. EST, Mon January 28, 2008

Extremists plotted attacks across Europe, Spanish paper says

MADRID, Spain (CNN) -- Suspected Islamic extremists arrested last week in Barcelona were planning al Qaeda-style attacks in Spain, Germany, France, Britain and Portugal, according to an informant who "infiltrated" the group, Spain's El Pais newspaper reports.

"If we attack the metro [subway system in Barcelona], the emergency services can't get there," one of the suspected suicide bombers told the informant, El Pais reported on Saturday. "Our preference is public transport, especially the metro."

www.cnn.com...

But hey. you want to claim it is all because of GB and TB....

But because I slighted your hero George Bush, and because you hate Muslims, this ridiculous line of argument has continued.

...GB is not my hero but perhaps Islamic extremists are YOUR HEROS... i don't hate Muslims either, I have spoken many times in the past even against Islamic extremists who have killed moderate Muslims because they don't want to accept the old ways of Islamic extremism...

edit on 8-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: errors

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Apparently the OP seems to believe that "Islamic Extremists as we know them in 2010" just popped out of thin air and appeared in 2010 because of TB and GB...

The OP wants to ignore that ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS have existed for over 1,300 years and have been attacking the western world, and anyone who would not bow to Muhammed's radical Islam, INCLUDING moderate Muslims who do not want to embrace the radicalism in which Islam was founded.

If Jesus Christ had been forcing Christianity by the sword, and raiding caravans taking women/slaves and behading the men who had surrounded to him I would be saying the same thing about Christianity or any other religion which has/had a murderous, raiding rapist as a religious idol.

Moderate Muslims only want to embrace the parts of Islam which are not violent, and many of them have paid with their lives on the hands of Islamic extremists for trying to do this.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by FlyersFan

Apparently the OP seems to believe that "Islamic Extremists as we know them in 2010" just popped out of thin air and appeared in 2010 because of TB and GB...

The OP wants to ignore that ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS have existed for over 1,300 years and have been attacking the western world, and anyone who would not bow to Muhammed's radical Islam, INCLUDING moderate Muslims who do not want to embrace the radicalism in which Islam was founded.

If Jesus Christ had been forcing Christianity by the sword, and raiding caravans taking women/slaves and behading the men who had surrounded to him I would be saying the same thing about Christianity or any other religion which has/had a murderous, raiding rapist as a religious idol.

Moderate Muslims only want to embrace the parts of Islam which are not violent, and many of them have paid with their lives on the hands of Islamic extremists for trying to do this.

My reply to this is that neither the 'moderate' Muslims nor the 'radical' Muslims have any idea whatsoever of the two specific Revelations that Mohammed received, which also formed the foundation of the Torah, Isaiah, Daniel, and the Gospels; those Revelations being: 1) the Vision of the "Son of man", referred to in Genesis 3:24 as the "tree of life" and in the Quran as the "Night Journey" of Mohammed; and, 2) the Revelation of the "resurrection", consisting of the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7) and the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

That is, neither 'moderate' nor 'radical' Islam will prevent conflicts between Jews, Christians and Muslims.

It is only by returning to the fundamental Revelations that violence can be avoided.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
That is, neither 'moderate' nor 'radical' Islam will prevent conflicts between Jews, Christians and Muslims.

It is only by returning to the fundamental Revelations that violence can be avoided.

Michael Cecil

So you want to claim that Mohammed was not a raider, a rapist, a slave trader, and a murderer even if billions believe his claim that the Arch Angel Gabriel appeared to him?...

Islamic radicalism will not cease to exist until "another" Muslim prophet appears, condems all violence and the life that Mohammed lived, and that new Muslim prophet would have to be accepted by the billions of Muslims that exist today.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That is nothing more than an ignorant comment, because you are ignoring the fact that ISLAMIC EXTREMISM HAS EXISTED SINCE THE 7th CENTURY AND HASN'T DISSAPEARED...

That is a very stupid argument. But since it was repeated again and again, I fear it will be repeated again and again on the next pages.

I guess the next step would be to sew a red half moon on every Muslim's clothes...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

German raids target 'violent Islamic extremists'

More than 150 German investigators fanned out across Berlin Wednesday, searching dozens of apartments allegedly linked to "potentially violent Islamic extremists," a police spokeswoman told CNN.

The raids centered on a group of approximately 15 suspects -- most of them German citizens -- believed to be plotting bomb attacks in Russia, the release stated. Police said the suspects' actions were being directed by a Berlin-based Islamist organization.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

Did Russia participate in the Iraqi war against Iraq?... In fact the Russian government was caught helping the Iraqi regime by giving them U.S. and allied troop movements by a Russian ambassador...

You think Islamic extremists have not tried to kill German people?...

Hehe! Maybe some extremists tried to kill one of us German people sometime. But it surely had nothing to do with the crap you are telling.

And if you don't know about the former USSR and the problems that are now present, please try to educate yourself. Before the fall of the Iron Wall you surely would have told us exactly the same about the communists.

Ah... You would anyway, if you were asked. Right?

edit on 8-9-2010 by Siddharta because: Deleted my Islamistic genealogy.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

My reply to this is that neither the 'moderate' Muslims nor the 'radical' Muslims have any idea whatsoever of the two specific Revelations that Mohammed received, which also formed the foundation of the Torah, Isaiah, Daniel, and the Gospels; those Revelations being: 1) the Vision of the "Son of man", referred to in Genesis 3:24 as the "tree of life" and in the Quran as the "Night Journey" of Mohammed; and, 2) the Revelation of the "resurrection", consisting of the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7) and the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

Michael Cecil

At the risk of being pedantic, I'm going to have to have a source for that information - this business of Mohammed having two specific revelations, one of which was of the "resurrection". When Mohammed composed the Qur'an, he VERY specifically denied the resurrection. This is immortalized in an engraving circling the Dome of the Rock.

Now someone has evidence that the Resurrection was received by Mohammed in a "revelation"?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

That is nothing more than an ignorant comment, because you are ignoring the fact that ISLAMIC EXTREMISM HAS EXISTED SINCE THE 7th CENTURY AND HASN'T DISSAPEARED...

That is a very stupid argument. But since it was repeated again and again, I fear it will be repeated again and again on the next pages.

I guess the next step would be to sew a red half moon on every Muslim's clothes...

A GREEN crescent (not quite "half") moon, not red. Forcing them to wear red crescents would be very intolerant of you, since every good muslim knows that green is the "prophets" color.

Why, THAT would be as intolerant as if the muslims forced jews to wear a monkey symbol on themselves, and christians to wear a pig symbol! OH, wait, they've already done that, in Moorish Spain... aka al-Andalus.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Michael Cecil

At the risk of being pedantic, I'm going to have to have a source for that information - this business of Mohammed having two specific revelations, one of which was of the "resurrection".

Well, briefly, since I have already discussed this subject in numerous other messages on ATS, you have to have some knowledge of the progression of the Doctrine/Revelation of the "resurrection" from Isaiah, Daniel and Malachi, to the Thanksgiving Hymns of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Scroll of the War of the Sons of Light, the Gospels and the Treatise On the Resurrection found at Nag Hammadi, Egypt.

When Mohammed composed the Qur'an, he VERY specifically denied the resurrection. This is immortalized in an engraving circling the Dome of the Rock.

Well, I have no knowledge of any such engraving. But, in the Quran, the Doctrine/Revelation of the "resurrection" is referred to directly or indirectly at least dozens and perhaps hundreds of times; although being misinterpreted/disinterpreted by the Pharisaical-Muslim religious 'authorities' as the physical raising of a dead body from the grave.

Now someone has evidence that the Resurrection was received by Mohammed in a "revelation"?

Well, you have to have some understanding of the historical context and progression of that specific Revelation/Doctrine and the fact that Mohammed was claiming to step within that specific historical and Revelational context by his assertions about the Torah and the Gospels.

But that is not the specific issue here.

The issue here is that the contradiction of this particular Revelation is crucial to the conflicts, violence and bloodshed between Jews, Christians and Muslims; and that such violence and bloodshed will never be resolved unless the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' return to that fundamental Revelation.

That is why I am writing this on a "current events" discussion group.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

neither the 'moderate' Muslims nor the 'radical' Muslims have any idea whatsoever of the two specific Revelations that Mohammed received,

Hon .. Muhammed didn't receive any revelations. He stole bits and pieces of other religions and brewed up his own little polticial/military/cult. Paganism along with bits from Jewish and Christian religion are found ... and even those bits he got wrong. (Mary - the mother of Jesus - was supposedly the same Mary that was Moses sister?
) He came up with this crap - telling people it came from God - in order to feed his ego and gain power. People still do the same thing today - claim divine command or divine revelation - in order to gain power over others.

Read 'Why I am not a Muslim' by Ibn Warriq. One of the best books anyone could ever read.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
It clearly states in the Bible

Do you even know where the bible comes from? The OT is stolen from numerous sources. Summerian. Egyptian. David didn't write the Psalms. They are almost word for word the same songs that Akenaton wrote for his pagan sun god at a time that preceeded David. Noah's ark is complete fantasy from ancient summerian texts. etc etc.

It was the CATHOLIC Church that put the bible together 300 years after Christ died. Much of it is just tradition that was handed down and then put in writing. The bible itself says not to throw away holy traditions but instead to cling to them. It says that because that is exactly what the bible is .. a bunch of stories and traditions that were passed down and finally put in writing in one book by the Catholics.

BTW .. did you know that Martin Luther did a hack job on the bible? Tossing out all sorts of stuff that he didn't like. At one point he wanted to be rid of those pesky ten commandments. (Probably because he couldn't live up to them and it bugged him). His advisors talked him out of tossing them out. You know .. the 10 commandments? Moses claimed that they came from God but in fact 9/10 of them come straight from the Egyptian Book of the Dead - something that Moses would have been well versed in. The 10 commandments would have been written in Egyptian hieroglyphics since the Jews at that time didn't have much of an official written language.

not featured in the original scripture.

Germs aren't mentioned in scripture but they are real. America isn't mentioned in scripture but it's real.
Christ Himself said that He had more to teach but that the apostles weren't ready yet .. AND scripture clearly states that Jesus taught much, much, more than what was written down. Enough that the books in the world (at that time) couldn't hold all the information.

The invention of those saints by the Church was a heresy of galactic proportions.

Jesus said to pray for each other. That's what people do, they pray for each other and ask for prayers. They ask those who are alive, and those who have passed on, to pray for them to God. There is no 'heresy' there.

Jesus never said, "build temples unto me, and attend them only on the last of the days of the week!".

Jesus went to the official place of worship at least once a week as prescribed by the Jewish religion. He did so on a regular basis. Luke 4:16-21 (New International Version) "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."

Catholics do NOT say go to worship God once a week in a building. Catholics hold official worship EVERY DAY in their church. EVERY DAY. And they are told to 'pray always'. That means at home, in families, at work, in the car, etc.

You really don't know anything about the Catholic faith, do you? I suggest you do some reading.
Try the Catholic Catechism to find out what they REALLY believe. (instead of Jack Chick tracts)
It'll be an eye opener for you.

He specificaly did NOT want people meeting in Churches, and having pastors vicars priests and what have you clogging up the faith, because he knew them to be flawed, mortal .

Christ taught by example. Luke 4"16 shows that he went to the Synagog and worshipped there AS WAS HIS CUSTOM - on a regular basis. He DID INDEED want people having religious leaders. He appointed Peter to head His church. Matthew 16:18 "you are Peter, the Rock, and upon you I shall build My church ..." And of course in the New Testament we have the drawing of straws in order to fill the spot Judas held. The official laying on of hands by the Apostles to signify that person's elevation to new status. The appointing by the apostles (LEADERS) of the Deacons to help. A church is formed. It's scriptural.

You are pretty mad at the Catholics for supposedly not following scripture.
But you might want to take another look at exactly what they believe in.
And you might want to take another look at where the bible really comes from.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

The stupid comment is you trying to deny that Islamic extremism hasn't existed since the 7th century A.D.... IT IS IN THE HISTORY BOOKS...

Perhaps you will learn something if you ever pick up one and read it... But even then i am sure there will be people like you trying to apologize for Islamic extremism, and TRY and FAIL to claim that is hasn't existed for over 1,300 years....

BTW, the next step should be to teach real hsitory to people like yourself because it is obvious you are ignorant about it...

edit on 9-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join