It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is world's greatest threat - Tony Blair

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Radical Islam is world's greatest threat - Tony Blair

www.bbc.co.uk

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has described radical Islam as the greatest threat facing the world today.

Mr Blair said radical Islamists believed that whatever was done in the name of their cause was justified - including the use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yep, still spewing out the rubbish Tony.

What he fails to point out is that if it wasn't for Mr Blair, Mr Bush and Mr Cheney, there probably wouldn't BE radical Islamists as we know them in 2010.

Radical Islam, if you believe that there is such a thing is wholly a product of failed western diplomacy and mismanagement.

The climate that has produced this phenomena was stirred up under your watch Tony, just take your cheque and royalties and disappear will you.

All the best, kiwifoot

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah, "the terrorists" who "hate our freedom" are so much scarier than the benevolent elites who want to exterminate me along with 95% of the human race.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The amount of people murdered by terrorists since 1970 is probably comparable, at best, to 3 or 4 years of deaths by automobile in the United States. But you don't see a war on cars.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Only Sith use absolutes.

Forced a second line...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Only Sith use absolutes.

Forced a second line...

I hear ya mate, and Tony Blair is a Sith if ever there was one!

He's a painted face away from being a textbook Sith. Never liked the guy, always felt like he was the Pied Piper, leading the children (the UK) off to the forest or whatever it was from the fable.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Tony blair is code for:

b-lony t liar

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Fri Sep 3 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Yep, still spewing out the rubbish Tony.

What he fails to point out is that if it wasn't for Mr Blair, Mr Bush and Mr Cheney, there probably wouldn't BE radical Islamists as we know them in 2010.

Radical Islam, if you believe that there is such a thing is wholly a product of failed western diplomacy and mismanagement.

The climate that has produced this phenomena was stirred up under your watch Tony, just take your cheque and royalties and disappear will you.

All the best, kiwifoot

www.bbc.co.uk

Radical Islamist have been around a lot longer than the Western Civilization. You can't pinpoint their actions solely on those three men or any really. The extremists of that religion, or any religion for that matter, are just sickened with their own religious views and the reasons for their actions is more of a disease.

I do however agree with Blair's statements.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So you allegedley edumacated people are
CONVINCED
of what?
And how did this happen? To you?edit to add
you think there may be a "sith" connection?
If you are so involved in fantasy, heres a problem, eat my shorts.
I bet Michio can't come up with a machine that does that.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ohh wait..

He said Radical Islam.

Never mind, proceed.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan

Radical Islamist have been around a lot longer than the Western Civilization. You can't pinpoint their actions solely on those three men or any really. The extremists of that religion, or any religion for that matter, are just sickened with their own religious views and the reasons for their actions is more of a disease.

Possibly one of the most naive posts I have ever seen on ATS.

Do you actually believe that without the actions of the neo-cons, Tony Blair, Iraq & Afghanistan wars, the CIA (training Mujahadeen) and western manipulation we would have Islamists like we have today.

My friend, get off your xbox, go and do some research, preferably on ATS.

Yes fundamentalism has been around since the Crusades, but it is only under the guidance of the aforementioned that hatred for the West and all it stands for has been presented to the weak minded and impressionable as a target.

My word, I'm shocked by your naivety.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Here is an interesting perspective on Radical Islam. I'm not saying I agree with it but I'm sure many out there do.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab773827f815.jpg[/atsimg]
Radical Islam: The cycle of history repeats itself

Some 13 centuries ago, radical Islamic fundamentalism burst upon the world, spreading in just a few decades across most of the Middle East and North Africa and threatening the very existence of the West.

In their expansion, the armies of Islam took advantage of the weakness of the world's great powers at the time. Byzantium had just defeated Persia in a long war that had left both empires weakened. As Will Durant writes in The Story of Civilization, "both Byzantium and Persia, exhausted by war and mutual devastation, were in a tempting decline."

John Norwich echoes that view in A Short History of Byzantium, writing, "In one respect in particular, luck was on the side of the Arabs: the Byzantine-Persian war had left both Empires exhausted."

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks SLAYER, that was an interesting read. Firstly for the history lesson (which you know is my passion) and secondly for giving me an insight into radical "believing in Islamic radicalism".

It's not that I don't believe in it as such, I just don't buy the premise that it just evolved from regular Islamic ideals. The piece you linked is a case in point, comparing wars and the clashes of Empires from hundreds of years ago, to Iran and Afghanistan and teenagers blowing themselves up is just absurd. However people buy into it and perpetuate the notion of them versus us.

I'm not saying that there aren't Muslims hell bent on installing Islamic Governments around the world, but I do believe that if the West would stop thrashing them over the head with a stick and provoking them, they may just go away!

Thanks for the link and the read mate.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah Radical Islam is an invention of George Bush and Tony Blair......

Seriously? and you called another poster naive?

Sooo........how do you explain the whole middle eastern cultures views on sharia law? I guess George Bush made that up too right?

How bout pre crusades?

How bout after the crusades?

Sharia Law

Shariah-Islamic Law is a military political doctrine written 1,200 years ago by Islamic authorities. The believers of Shariah-Islamic Law have created a movement like Apartheid in which a minority oppresses a majority.

Wow George and Tony are gettn up there in age arent they?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Yeah Radical Islam is an invention of George Bush and Tony Blair......

Seriously? and you called another poster naive?

Sooo........how do you explain the whole middle eastern cultures views on sharia law? I guess George Bush made that up too right?

How bout pre crusades?

How bout after the crusades?

Sharia Law

Shariah-Islamic Law is a military political doctrine written 1,200 years ago by Islamic authorities. The believers of Shariah-Islamic Law have created a movement like Apartheid in which a minority oppresses a majority.

Wow George and Tony are gettn up there in age arent they?

Good Lord, you quote a site called:

STOP SHARIAH NOW, are you serious??????

I never said that they INVENTED radical Islam, I said that we wouldn't have such a problem with Radical Islamists if it wasn't for their activities.

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the site you quoted....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are way off. I have a Playstation 3, not an Xbox.....

You obviously missed my point. Also, since you like history lessons fundamentalism has been around even before the Crusades my friend. Your obvious hatred for a few political figures permeates in your posts.

You say if the Western Civilization would just leave them alone they would go away? I highly doubt that. Give me some good examples of others who vow to behead entire families and organizations for people even drawing a picture of Muhammad. Yeah, I'm truly convinced that's a byproduct of Western Culture.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Not a problem i can quote another site, pretty simple......

Young girl executed

Former Muslims

Those two a little better? Or you could just google to find out for yourself.....

Muslim extremist didnt need Bush to be extremist, they hated us anyway and wanted us dead because we ARENT MUSLIM and because of our WESTERN CULTURE.......

Not because of Tony Blair and Gorge Bush

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I take it you are wholly unfamiliar with the history of the Muslim Brotherhood, then? Wahabbism ring any bells? Battle of Badr? No?

You should peddle this notion to the Byzantines, I'm sure they'll eat it up... no, wait, they CAN'T eat it up, being deceased at the hands of peaceful muslims as they are...

[edit on 2010/9/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan

You are way off. I have a Playstation 3, not an Xbox.....

My apologies!!

You obviously missed my point.

Please enlighten me.

Also, since you like history lessons fundamentalism has been around even before the Crusades my friend.

I'm sure it has, but since Islam has only been around since the 600's and the crusades started in the 11th century, most of the early fundamentalism was within the Muslim world, so my point still stands.

Your obvious hatred for a few political figures permeates in your posts.

Not hatred, I'm not keen on any politicians really, but my biggest bugbears are wars and conflict. I'm sorry, under that lot we had plenty of both.

You say if the Western Civilization would just leave them alone they would go away?

yeah I knew that would come back to haunt me, it's 3:30 and I was too lazy to edit it out. Forgive me and please read "if we stopped bombing Muslims, they may stop bombing us".

I highly doubt that. Give me some good examples of others who vow to behead entire families and organizations for people even drawing a picture of Muhammad. Yeah, I'm truly convinced that's a byproduct of Western Culture.

I agree, the reactions of some Muslims can be disproportionate, there are some filled with a mindset that is incompatible with ours. However I ask you, how many of these situation are contrived. I had a friend who lived in Karachi (while I lived in India in the 90's), and he witnessed men going around with wads of money, paying protesters against Indian aggression, handing money to those jumping around screaming and stomping on whatever effigy they were burning at the time. Not everything is as it seems.

Sorry if I was rude by the way, it's late and my manners are asleep I think.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It's not that I don't believe in it as such, I just don't buy the premise that it just evolved from regular Islamic ideals.

Radical Islam STARTED as regular Islamic ideals. The evolved bits are represented today by those considered "moderate" muslims.

I'm not saying that there aren't Muslims hell bent on installing Islamic Governments around the world, but I do believe that if the West would stop thrashing them over the head with a stick and provoking them, they may just go away!

No, according to Charles Martel, they don't go away, they just keep coming until you DO thrash them, and thrash them truly well and good. Like at Tours, for example.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join