It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien in picture from the 1960's?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I was recently going through some of my grandpa's old photos and putting them on facebook and someone pointed out that it looks like an alien in the background, kind of behind a tree.

I know its not very good quality (from which I blame my old school scanner) but wanted to know what you guys think.

I ended up talking to my grandma, since he has passed away, and she said it was from around 1965 when he was stationed near a place in England called Warminster. They had sightings of UFO's around that time. He never told my grandma anything about aliens, but when you look at the picture it really looks a lot like one!

What do you guys think?

***SPOILER***

I actually created this to make a point, and couldn't actually go through with pretending it was real. I simply looked up a story and then spent about 10 minutes in photoshop to show how easy it is to fake these things.

The following is the original photos that I used to make it:

It just really bothers me how many hoaxers are out there that are muddying the waters of truth simply for attention.

I mean I don't claim to be a master of photoshopping or anything, but it just goes to show you that we can't just let our imaginations run wild, and even the biggest theorists need to be at least a little skeptical...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why would you do that?

By making a hoax image you are adding to the ever increasing list of hoax photographs.

Just because you've told us that you made it doesn't mean some jack hole will save your picture and use it elsewhere as a real photo.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I'm an avid Adobe photoshop guy. I make skins for game characters etc. I for one know how easy it is to fake a pic. I've posted some here at ATS to compare to the OPs on some of the "Is this a ghost" threads.

Where I'd reproduce and compare them to the supposed ghost photo.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

DevilJonah.....

See?

That's why in the other thread, I said to you it's best to be very "careful" about doing this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just a friendly FYI, I was banned for a year+/- for posting a hoax ufo image. You might be alright for revealing it in the same post. I let the thread run for a while before admitting it was a fake.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Now that I have wasted my time, I'll be moving right along.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

DevilJonah.....

For interest's sake, you might be interested in having a look at the ATS Hoax Forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Making a fake photo does NOTHING, NOTHING for proving all the photos are fake.

For an analogy, it's like if I faked a picture of me next to Justin Bieber, it would mean all photos of people with Justin Bieber are fake, by that logic.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Why would you do that?

Even if a jackhole uses it, it doesn't matter. Jackholes will always be jackholes with or without my photoshopping.

You're really missing the point!

I'm trying to say, and I have been guilty of it as well, that as theorists, we need to have a certain level of skepticism!

So many theorists just take things at face value and run with it. The point is that in today's day and age it is SO easy to let technology get the best of us! And with the ongoing battle between theorists and skeptics, we need to make sure that we don't let that battle overtake our ability to see the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I apologize, I would have assumed that people in a conspiracy theory site would be open minded enough to get the point of this....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Nice

The alien is very subtle in the background there not out in the open like many hoaxers attempt.

Some might flame you for hoaxing but I think it definitely illustrates a good point. We can't rely on photographic evidence of ET visitations in the age of the internet. We're going to need to find solid scientific evidence (an alien body would be nice).

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
We're going to need to find solid scientific evidence (an alien body would be nice).

what if they're non-physical entities?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
Making a fake photo does NOTHING, NOTHING for proving all the photos are fake.

For an analogy, it's like if I faked a picture of me next to Justin Bieber, it would mean all photos of people with Justin Bieber are fake, by that logic.

I NEVER said that one fake photo proves anything! That wasn't even my intent! I'm simply saying that we need to be more vigilant in picking out what is real and what isn't real!

My intent was to start a thread where people could review the photo and point out all the things that make it UNbelievable, so people could start to see what hoax photos have in common, and hopefully come up with a way for us to better determine what we're looking at. I was going for enlightenment, and I'm sorry if I just crushed someone's dreams...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
I apologize, I would have assumed that people in a conspiracy theory site would be open minded enough to get the point of this....

DevilJonah.....

I think we are "open minded enough to get the point of this" in the main.....

It's just this has been "done to death".

And.....

As Chadwickus says, who's to say your image won't end up being promoted by some appalling con man & hoaxer such as Cohen or Maussan?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

i'm tired of people creating hoaxes to prove they can be created.
we have Hollywood for that, buddy.

i hope you learn to not trust anything your eyes have ever seen either.
thank you for teaching us to not trust anything our eyes see as well.
i am literally blinder for having seen this thread.

moral of the story: no picture of aliens or ufos are to be accepted as evidence. got it.

10 minutes

you spent only 10 minutes on this? I wouldn't believe that claim even if my eyes saw a video of it!

i'm tired of these threads, i'm tired of fakes, i'm tired of hoaxes, i'm tired of people creating hoaxes to prove they can be created. we have Hollywood for that buddy.

i'm tired of clicking on a title, and finding it was a lie, and bait for chumps.

i'm tired of looking at a pic for two minutes of my time only to scroll down and see my efforts verified by "i made this ...".

how much time collectively is going to be spent from members viewing this?

no, the pic didn't fool me. neither did the picture's background story.

star for the work you put into it, though. thanks for the effort, i'm just tired of the point that has already been made. some people may need to know, but television and the movie screens have already driven the point home decades ago, imo.

thanks, but i just believe it is repetitive tactics and munition against people who already are fishing through an immense sea of disinformation,
et

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Look, don't stress, it's just that it's been done dozens of times before, you at least had the decency to inform us it was fake in your OP.

Anyway...

Skepticism is good.

Creating fake images to prove a point is bad.

That can be today's lesson for you

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

We're going to need to find solid scientific evidence (an alien body would be nice).

I'd have to say, that most likely, they would have physical form...but I'm not ruling out the concept that they wouldn't...

I mean if you look at the history of UFOlogy, the ever increasing sightings of UFO's around the world, would non-physical formed aliens have a need for a physical spacecraft?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Do you mean energy of some kind? Well that would be a tough one. Depends on what kind of energy, certain kinds can be contained. It would be very hard to prove that energy could even gain consciousness without a physical form.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by 19872012

Do you mean energy of some kind? Well that would be a tough one. Depends on what kind of energy, certain kinds can be contained. It would be very hard to prove that energy could even gain consciousness without a physical form.

Well that's debatable...if you believe that the human body contains a soul, which would logically be energy...its not so far fetched to believe that at some point an alien race could shed the physical.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah

I'd have to say, that most likely, they would have physical form...but I'm not ruling out the concept that they wouldn't...

I mean if you look at the history of UFOlogy, the ever increasing sightings of UFO's around the world, would non-physical formed aliens have a need for a physical spacecraft?

ive heard they actually just conjure the spacecraft so we understand what they are, because we're so primitive and they dont really need them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join