It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Taliban threaten attacks on US and Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Pakistan Taliban threaten attacks on US and Europe

www.telegraph.co.uk

A senior commander in the Pakistan Taliban last night announced it was planning terror strikes against targets in the US and Europe similar to the Times Square bomb plot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Aren't they always planning attacks or does the MSM just release this stuff when hype is need... or a false flag is imminent?..

As far I remember hearing from the American MSM is Al-Queda is the one on the offensive and the Taliban are strictly just fighting for their country back.

Who knows anymore... There are more terrorist networks now then their ever was due to the NATO invasion of the Middle East.

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Who knows anymore... There are more terrorist networks now then their ever was due to the NATO invasion of the Middle East.

Can't argue with that one.
Who were those Canadians recently arrested supposedly tied to -- Al Q'aida or Taliban? I know there was some Pakistan connection, maybe even related to the story in your OP.

About time we all minded our own business and maybe we would have fewer people hating us.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wonder if this could be related somehow?

Dead Codebreaker Was Linked to NSA Intercept Case

Gareth Williams, 31, made repeated visits to the U.S. to meet with the National Security Agency and worked closely with British and U.S. spy agencies to intercept and examine communications that passed between an al Qaeda official in Pakistan and three men who were convicted last year of plotting to bomb transcontinental flights, according to the British paper the Mirror.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Aren't they always planning attacks

Maybe but I don't see them really carrying out a whole lot. Unless you include that Time Square bomber guy but I don't believe that and the attack was stupid anyway.

I actually think the absence of more attacks on American soil over the past 9 years says a lot. It's rather odd they're everywhere in the world with vast networks and cells, constantly plotting attacks. But can't seem to actually carry any out.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Aren't they always planning attacks or does the MSM just release this stuff when hype is need... or a false flag is imminent?..

As far I remember hearing from the American MSM is Al-Queda is the one on the offensive and the Taliban are strictly just fighting for their country back.

www.telegraph.co.uk

I think you got it right in the first sentence. To sum it up: "So, who gives a shot?"

BS fear mongering about a pseudorealistic criminal gang. YAWN

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Oh they are carrying out attacks alright, just not on the west YET

Pakistan mourns blast victims

Thousands have attended a funeral in the Pakistani city of Quetta for victims of a suicide attack on a Shia Muslim procession. The death toll from Friday's attack rose from 43 to 65 overnight as critically wounded people died in hospitals, police said on Saturday.

More from the article.

At least 200 people were injured in the attack, for which the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility. But police said so far, no arrests had been made and that an investigation was in progress.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Oh they are carrying out attacks alright, just not on the west YET

Rather odd don't you think? I mean, we've been at war for 9 years now almost to the day. They've been plotting attacks all this time.

Australia hasn't even been attacked at all.

It's not like it would be difficult to get into the US our Europe. They don't really need to take a plane. Why haven't any of these attacks we were warned were coming actually eventuated?

I'm certainly not reeling under the constant fear and pressure of terror. Infact I feel like we're not really even at war. It certainly hasn't effected me or my standard of living at all. I don't think these guys were attacking could do anything to hurt us even if they wanted to.

Don't forget their country just got flooded

[edit on 4-9-2010 by belial259]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

They do not have to attack a country directly. They can target a country's citizens abroad or other interests. Simply saying it hasn't happened "Here" YET doesn't mean it wont or couldn't happen. That would be a very myopic view of the world.

Wouldn't you agree?

Remember this isn't a warning/threat coming from Downing St or Pennsylvania Avenue, it's coming from the Pakistani Taliban themselves.

Bali bombings

The 2002 Bali bombings occurred on 12 October 2002 in the tourist district of Kuta on the Indonesian island of Bali. The attack was the deadliest act of terrorism in the history of Indonesia, killing 202 people, (including 88 Australians, and 38 Indonesian citizens).[1] A further 240 people were injured.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't really care about the Bali bombings. Infact I think we deserved them.

We've been messing around in Indonesia for decades, we helped the Suharto Regime and he sold the country out to the IMF. We sent troops there, and helped ourselves to the Timor Sea gas operation while "liberating" East Timor under a UN mandate.

It was on their soil. The country isn't very stable at all and there are many separatist and terrorist groups because Indonesia is an empire with 5 provinces that want autonomy or separation.

We are punching above our weight thinking we should police the region. And the people that were in Bali were arrogant fools lording it over the Indigenous inhabitants and should have known better than to go there in the first place. They'd been better off going somewhere else or just staying home.

I might add I certainly can't see the Paki's wanting to attack us for any reason except beating them at cricket.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by belial259]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm sorry you don't care about the needless killings of your fellow countrymen. My heart goes out to their families. It was simply an example of how a country's citizens can become targets for a radical group.

The Pakistani Taliban are indigenous to Pakistan they are not as many here believe from Afghanistan, they help and support their tribal brothers across the border in Afghanistan but neither the Majority of the Afghans nor Pakistanis want the Taliban to have any sort of power or authority.

Research Punjab and the conflicts going on there between them and the Taliban. The situation is a lot more complicated than [Internet POP Culture conjecture and claims of false flags or supposed fear mongering]

[edit on 4-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
They are going to have to swim out of Pakistan first.

Mind you I don´t blame them, after the US has been using HAARP to mess their weather up.

top topics

join