It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

The History Channel put on rubbish? Of course - all of the time.

Einstein did not get involved in geology. He did not predict geological events.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Big mistakes in the video:
1. The Mayans did not have ANY predictions associated with the end of the Haab calendar
2. Equating what the Mayans stated with the idea of a black hole
3. The exact alignment claim - not even close to exact
4. A pole shift does not involve the mantle
5. Einstein wrote the forward to Hapgoode's book - that's all

The event from 800Ma took 15 million years to complete. That was conveniently left out of that idiotic video clip.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Will the Earth itself eventually do a sort of snap rotate so the poles are back at the top and bottom? Example Siberia would be at the very top and what is now the North Pole would be down where North America is?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Could possibly the increase in the pole shift have caused the Christchurch earthquake and create a new fault?
I mean if its gonna effect our planet its obviously going to affect the tectonic plates right?
Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

piss poor excuse for proof nothing will happen. That article is saying basically it happens, but don't expect doom and gloom. So much flip flopping in that article and trying to discredit the "doomsayers" was quite annoying. You people believe anything that would counter attack any so called believer.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

I believe the earth's magnetic field increasing more miles per
year, because. Take all the largest rivers in America, and dam them up.
Water weight is 8.35 lbs per gallon. Put all that weight up above north
America. If the earths magnetic field is heading East, then North
America is rotating West.
Simple take a basket ball, add lead wheel weights to the top of
the basket ball. The Basket ball will rotate Left or Right.
Keep it simple and stuipd.
I like this saying and is very true. Many smart people here on ATS.
Many people go to school to become smart, while only a few
are born smart. Those who are born smart. Wrote the text
books for those going to school to become smart.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Even proponents of ECDs and pole shifts do not suggest that would happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

Since there has been no pole shift in the last 200My that cause is unlikely. Take a look at New Zealand earthquakes and see that the place is on major fault lines and has experienced many large earthquakes.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Rapid pole shifts do not happen. They take millions of years to complete to complete and have not happened in 200My. The correct name is TPW.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

1. the magnetic field is generated by the liquid part of the core. Plate motion is independent of the core currents that generate the magnetic field. Plates are driven by the mantle currents.
2. Redistribution of mass on the Earth cannot lead to instability - read about isostasy.

Isostasy

edit on 15-9-2010 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Sorry to disagree here my friend but if there were tons of earthquakes and its on a fault line then why is even MSM stating its a newly discovered fault line about 16000 years old?
english.ntdtv.com...
let me know what your thoughts are.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Also just read this from Dr. Kelvin Berryman, Geological and Nuclear Sciences]: on that same article i just posted

Undoubtedly, it has been an interesting time in the last ten or 20 years, or even around the world. The large earthquakes that occurred have not been often occurred on the expected faults. They have occurred on the ones we were expecting to be long return periods, so we are in a phase around the world at the moment (that) the unexpected seems to be happening."

Could the shift possibly correlate to the earthquake fault lines?
I mean it just makes sense (pershaps just to me) if everything is connected and you have magnetic poles shifting, the key word is SHIFTING... so would the tectonic plates not SHIFT as well>?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
sorry for another post but came across another article, from wiki actually that states speculatively

"Speculative history
In popular literature, many conjectures have been suggested involving very rapid polar shift. A slow shift in the poles would display the most minor alterations and no destruction. A more dramatic view assumes more rapid changes, with dramatic alterations of geography and localized areas of destruction due to earthquakes and tsunamis. Several recent books propose changes that take place in weeks, days, or even hours, resulting in a variety of doomsday scenarios."
I mean yeah its in popular literature but if the shift is speeding up like your mostly supporting, then that makes perfect sense you would see more worldwide calamities on an ever increasing basis.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There are many fault lines in this area. What is being identified is the exact slip plane on which the fault occurred.

Earthquakes in New Zealand

The exact slip plane on which quake occurred is just one of many that follow the plate boundaries. This particular slip plane is just one of many that are due to local conditions induced by the motion of the plates. New Zealand is on the "rim of fire."

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The tectonic plates are always shifting at a rate of a centimeter or so a year. Pole shifts are not related to magnetic reversals and have not happened in 200My.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You took that quote from
Cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis

The page also states.

It is now established that true polar wander has occurred at various times in the past, but at rates of 1° per million years or less.

It also states.

The field has attracted pseudoscientific authors offering a variety of evidence, including psychic readings.

And finally from near the top of the page.

Among the scientific community, there is no research that indicates a rapid change in the position of the rotational axis.

You also suggest that events are more frequent or something along that line. Please provide evidence to substantiate that claim.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Considering i'm sure by the way this thread is attempting to be debunked your looking for MSM proof

www.reuters.com...

And in regards to the rest, yes everything is speculative.
As was the "theory" of the world being round.

The subject is that there was a "Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found"
My question was could it be correlated with the earthquakes,(now that i look at it, as well as natural diasters), and I dont see as of this point there to be any reason why it cannot be correlated.

As for the shift not occuring for 200 million years.
www.nasa.gov...
NASA itself states the last one was 780,000 years ago, given that was a long time ago, i would like to see proof of the last one being 200 Million years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

one more link/point to add in regards to it Increasing more than just 1degree per million years
en.wikipedia.org...
More specifically the part regarding the future of the geomagnetic reversal
"The Earth's magnetic north pole is drifting from northern Canada towards Siberia with a presently accelerating rate — 10 km per year at the beginning of the 20th century, up to 40 km per year in 2003, and since then has only accelerated.[9]

and that is referenced from
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I see you are purposely being obtuse.

Pole shifts are not magnetic reversals. In case you need to learn what a pole is I suggest you read Hapgoode who came up with the idea. So please stop trying to muddy the waters.

No pole shift, a TPW, in the last 200My. As far as magnetic reversals go the last stable one was 700k years ago.

The idea that the world was round was not speculative. It was well demonstrated.

What I asked:

You also suggest that events are more frequent or something along that line. Please provide evidence to substantiate that claim.

The article you referenced is about flooding. A charity group ascribes it to global warming. Hardly, a scientific statement. This has no relationship to geological processes such as earthquakes, or volcanic activity, or anything else that might be associated with a pole shift.

The number of people affected by disasters has risen by 68 percent, from an average of 174 million a year between 1985 to 1994 to 254 million a year between 1995 to 2004.

During that time period the world's population increased from 4.8 billion to 6.5 billion.That's a 35% increase in population. That growth forces more people into high risk areas such as flood plains. It also increases flooding through deforestation.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population]World Population

I disagree with the charity groups assessment for the reason more people are caught in floods.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Again this has nothing to do with pole shifts. you even referenced the wikipedia page on magnetic reversals which is a phenomena quite separate form pole shifts.

Does it say "pole shift" anywhere on the page you linked to? No. It did not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join