It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

And that is your opinion? Your opinion is wrong.

The map is not a map of intact specimens. If you think that then you are stunningly wrong. The website you linked to has no references for its claims. The inferences they draw are stunningly stupid.

There is no evidence for a flash frozen mammoth. If there was then you'd post it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You want links?

You rarely use links, I guess it's just easier to insult.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Uh , Let's get back on Topic and stop the personal sniping, Please.

Fair warning.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If what you claimed was true we would have found more than 39 preserved mammoths. You would also expect that of those 39 more than four would be complete specimens. Yet, this is what has been found. Once again Velikovsky and his ilk are wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

This link has both arguments: Were Siberian mammoths quick frozen?

Advocates of the quick-freeze hypothesis estimate that probably thousands of woolly mammoth carcasses are buried in the permafrost.10 However, it is hard to determine how many carcasses still lie hidden in the permafrost.

The scarcity of mammoth carcasses indicates that most died a normal death and decayed. Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that nearly all of the mammoths and other animals died and decayed normally before, or while becoming interred in the permafrost. This suggests that the rare intact carcasses are the result of unique circumstances.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you xcaliber54.

What is amazing is that there are preserved ice age animals. These preservations provide an interesting view back in time showing the diets of these animals. What is also interesting in the map is that the geographic distribution of the mammoths was small.

What is unfortunate is that the discoveries have been misrepresented by a host of people including Velikosky.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

That's good thinking you post a link to a religious site attempting to shoe horn the world into the tales of the bible. It doesn't work.

There is no evidence for flash frozen large animals. May of the mammoths that exhibit flesh have been found to have advanced decay, predation, and insect activity.

Consider the case of Lyuba.
Lyuba - baby mammoth - wikipedia
From this we learn that the baby mammoth died about 40,000 years ago on the Yamal Peninsula of Siberia.

So here is a journal article on the place.
Late Quaternary Stratigraphy, Glacial Limits, and Paleoenvironments of the Marresale Area, Western Yamal Peninsula, Russia
Take a look at p367. There is a simple table called fig 9. At the time of Lyuba we see that the place was a shallow lake. This is followed by regional glaciation. Then it becomes a shallow marine or deltaic environment. This does not suggest that the introduction of glaciers was a pole shift to make the place change to a polar region and then back with a pole shift does it?

One of the best preserved specimens drowned in mud. Mud filled its respiratory tract and it lived in a warm climate.

Pole shifts are nonsense.

edit on 9-9-2010 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Pole shifts are nonsense.

As destructive as they appear to be, we all better hope so.

Second line

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Since pole shifts are imaginary constructs they cannot be destructive.

No pole shifts have been detected in the entire history of t he Earth. That's 4.6B years and no rapid changes in the orientation of the crust. The best candidate for a TPW is 800Ma. That event took 15My to transpire.

Yeah. The claims of destruction due to pole shifts are ridiculous, laughable, ...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Since pole shifts are imaginary constructs they cannot be destructive.

No pole shifts have been detected in the entire history of t he Earth. That's 4.6B years and no rapid changes in the orientation of the crust. The best candidate for a TPW is 800Ma. That event took 15My to transpire.

Yeah. The claims of destruction due to pole shifts are ridiculous, laughable, ...

Once again, no links.

Same old. Same old. That is no, no, no, no... Gets pretty repetitive.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

All you've provided are fairy tale sites. Same old, same old.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

One more time: Super fast flip of Earth's poles

Now Bogue and his colleague Jonathan Glen of the United States Geological Survey in Menlo Park, California, say they have found a second example in Nevada. The lava rock suggests that in one year, Earth's magnetic field shifted by 53 degrees (Geophysical Research Letters, DOI: 10.1029/2010GL044286). At that rate, a full flip would take less than four years, but there could be another interpretation. "It may have been a burst of rapid acceleration that punctuated the steady movement of the field," says Bogue.

I am pretty sure USGS geologists are not fairies.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Again pole shifts, ie rapid TPWs, do not happen. Your effort to support this failed claim is through links to fairy tale sites. Attempting to misconstrue the comments about a magnetic reversal as supporting a pole shift is clear here.

No pole shifts. No evidence for them. Magnetic reversals happen and happen often in geological time. They do not involve the crust. They are due to currents in the core.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I love you for your passion in this 2012 debate Stereo. I don't know where it comes from, but it doesn't matter to me.

I'm going to admit, that even though my inner intuition still wants me to believe something is going to happen. I'm not so sure anymore.

You have rationally destroyed every single 2012 thread on this website over the past six months or so with excellent logic and reason. Even myself has began to shift my viewpoint away from belief in some type of global cataclysmic occruance.

I know this isn't the place for a kiss ass post. But, I don't care. You really deserve it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by sticky because: I like to edit my posts!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First of all I am not claiming I know what is going to happen in 2012, nor am I claiming that the following thought is anything more than a thought, in fact I pose questions rather than answers and would welcome any input you may have.

From my own research I gather than on 21/12/2010 the Earth will cross the equator of the galaxy. If this is indeed the case, (I have found as many experts and pesudo experts that argue this is not the case as those who do) The question then has to be. "What will be the result of this?"

Again I do not claim to be any kind of an expert in anything other than my own field, however the thought that springs to my mind here is pole reversal. We know the Earth is bi polar and has two hemispheres North and South, we also know that magnetic compasses need to be produced for both in order to work.

So, why should we believe that the galaxy itself is not set up in the same way? We are in one hemisphere and maybe about to cross into the other, thus when we do so the earth itself will come under the force of the opposite galatic pole rather than the one it is under now, could this result in pole reversal and what would that mean for us? Now this is where thoughts on the subject seem to get a little fuzzy, it appears to me that a lot of people seem to think pole reversal on Earth will entail nothing more than compasses point south instead of north and vice versa.

My question is why? If the Earth is polarised and magnetic, and as far as I am aware is held in place by electromagnetic fields, is it not reasonable to think it is at least possible once the equator is crossed and the magnetic polarity of the galaxy is reversed, could the Earth simply not snap around as a compass does and become in effect upside down? It would then be rotating in the opposite direction so the sun would rise the west and set in the east etc. As per a lot of the writings on 2012 claim will happen.

Likewise, if this did happen, would deserts become fertile areas once again as we are led to believe they once were due to their new position in relation to the sun etc? What would the devistation and destruction on Earth be due to such a violent movement? And is it not possible that as we approach this galatic equator could explain why the schumann resonance of 7.83 Hz has been speeding up from around 1980 to is current of around 12Hz in order to counter act the effects of such a reversal, in terms of the Earth speeding up in order to cope with the momentum of a pole reversal so it keeps spinning during the actual process?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Sticky,my kudos go out to people that showed me mistakes I have made. Those mistakes may not always be easy for others to spot, because they cannot see what I am doing on my end. Lots of people have pointed out interesting avenues of research for me. Even if I don't believe in what they say I often have to go and read about the topic before I post. I give stars to some of my harshest critics sometimes if they make me work extra hard in reviewing the material I post. That's a good sign of a healthy discussion.

The predicted issues can often be written off because there is evidence to the contrary. What can't be written off are the unpredictable events. Although an impact strike on a city is remote considering the size of the earth, even a small space reaching ground level or exploding over a city would be devastating. We can't predict it but it isn't impossible. Huge populations live on active fault lines. Huge populations live close to volcanoes. Huge populations live in low lying areas prone to flooding. Although we can't predict these events we know that with so many people living in potentially dangerous zones that many people will be injured or killed by these events.

Cheers and be sure to keep me on my toes.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

LOL He hasn't done jack.

That is why I am now going to call him a robot. He doesn't budge and he is what we call 'purists'. The evolved form of skeptics. He wants to change your mind, but you give him facts and he doesn't budge. I wonder if he takes pills when he debates me?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by sticky

LOL He hasn't done jack.

That is why I am now going to call him a robot. He doesn't budge and he is what we call 'purists'. The evolved form of skeptics. He wants to change your mind, but you give him facts and he doesn't budge. I wonder if he takes pills when he debates me?

I agree, he never looks at solid information provided and he rarely provides links to his own claims.

I think he is more of a troll than a purist, but maybe that's just me.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

There are experts who state things have happened in the past with PROOF like you stated in your posts. All he does is denies. I swear I am going to make a cartoon avatar for people like him. I wonder if the citizens of Pompeii believed skeptics like him that stated that the volcano won't blow so don't worry about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So far the "evidence" is have seen posted by 2012 believers is not evidence at all. It is simply posts to blogs created by people with no background in the field they are "researching." As such many of the claims that are made are unfounded and in many cases impossible. Considering how vehement the responses are to stereologist I'm starting to think that the 2012 believers are the ones who are scared, but of 2012 not happening. It would mean that their lives are more important than the lives of all the generations that came before them. They're scared of simply being another insignificant human in a long line of insignificant humans, and as such they can't let their beliefs be crushed by scientific fact. 2012 has essentially become a New Age religion with many different sects based on the different theories of what will happen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join