It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by CUin2013?

Wow. What a pathetic effort to misrepresent.

From your link:

The myth of the Flat Earth is the modern misconception that the prevailing cosmological view during the Middle Ages saw the Earth as flat, instead of spherical

This is the device which was used in navigation for 2000 years because people knew the Earth was not flat.
Astrolabe

wow, you just do not get it.

This is just so sad.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
No it wasn't. Even the Greeks knew that the Earth is round and despite what you were told in History class, most of Medieval Europe knew the Earth was round as well.

Agree, it was generally known as far back as 300 BC, but the church buried it for a short time during the Dark Ages even though scholars knew better throughout it all.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I realized when I read your post that the original comment says mastodon. It is mammoth, not mastodon.

Anyways, the mammoth remains were not flash frozen. That claim was made by frauds pushing their books. mammoth carcasses are usually found in extremely decomposed states. A few have been well preserved due to drowning in mud. The bodies were frozen at a later point in time. The bulk of the remains have been found to be well decomposed with a small amount o attached flesh. The material also shows evidence of having been out in the open for extended periods of time before being encased in the permafrost. There are fly pupae in the carcasses. That's hardly a sign of being flash frozen.

Velikovsky and Hancock I believe both make claims about flash frozen mammoths.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks for the reply and information. My brain saw mammoth, not mastodon, anyways.
You are correct and can add another author to the list.

A little research on my own also answered my own question. My recollection was from an English paper during the first year of college. Since it was for an English class, instead of a science class, I guess the credibility of the author wasn't relevant. My information was from Pole Shift by John White, 1980 edition. Reading Pole Shift Torpedoed by Author has some information with White debunking his own claims. This was written a year after I cited him as a reference.

White now believes, as do many others who have seriously studied this peculiar phenomenon, that every argument put forward by pole shift theorists to explain this phenomenon, have been effectively refuted by ordinary explanations.
(Source referenced in second link above)

There's more information for anyone's who's interested. I rescind my view on woolly mammoths being flash frozen.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here is some information on magnetic pole shifts versus geographic pole shifts, and yes, they can occur at the same time.

Magnetic pole shift

Pole Shift (magnetic): A shift in “magnetic” poles is one of the more common and talked about theories across world, however, this is not to be confused with those that speak of a “geographic” pole shift. Even though these events can occur at the same time, they actually have quite different affects on Earth. Because of this, we will address these events separately as a “magnetic” pole shift and a “geographic” pole shift.

Geographic pole shift

Pole Shift (geographic): A shift in “geographic” poles is another commonly discussed concept throughout the scientific world. This is the theory that an internal or external force acts upon Earth to reposition the arctic poles anywhere from their current position by a few degree up to 180 degrees. A widely accepted, yet false, belief is that the “magnetic” poles of Earth flip as a result of a 180 degree flip in the “geographic” poles. Refer to the Timeline 2012 presentation for an explanation on the various theories regarding “magnetic” and “geographic” pole reversals.

The fast frozen mammoth is also discussed in the geographic link. If you have not viewed the timeline2012 movie, you might want to take an hour or so and watch it.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

if only Velikovsky was around when the Sumerian tablets were discovered and translated....He would of had a field day and say to the science community see even Sumerians told something drastic happened!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It is just a bunch of skeptics trying to make past skeptics look good even though they were the ones who stated the earth was flat. I have even learned the past skeptics stated the earth was flat in high school history class. I also believe even my history teacher in college stated the same thing. Hell, there are people today who still believe the earth is flat.

theflatearthsociety.org...

LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Even Machio Kaku states of a pole shift of sort but for the sun on 2012.

edit on 9-9-2010 by dragnet53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Velikovsky's claims have been shown to be false decades ago. More ancient texts is not going to make the physics any more invalid than already shown.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You guys don't get it at all do you? The idea of a flat Earth was dispelled thousands of years ago. The existence of the flat earth society is a joke. So what.

Did you know that there are people that think pole shifts happen and they happen quickly? I guess these wackos should join the flat earth society.

The round Earth goes back thousands of years and was supported by the Church since they supported the Aristotelean view of the cosmos.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Have you considered actually referring to a non baloney source for your information?

The claims on this site are really pathetic such as the following:

At the present moment, these constellations circle Earth in an elliptical orbit that crosses the equator at an angle of 23 degrees. Ancient cultures describe a time when these constellations circled the Earth directly around the equator.

That statement is completely laughable.

Notice that there are no references to the studies claimed to exist. That's because they are lies and misrepresentations.

The mammoth claim is so stupid it is incredible. The claim that the mammoth was quickly frozen is rather silly. The mammoth drowned and then was frozen.

If you are trying to learn something use a site that isn't a pile of idiotic statements.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You need reedumacation my friend

I just so happen to have a thread that will help!

The Flat Earth Myth

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

only to the pompous "scientific" community.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I bet those sites are not credible sources.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Another pointless comment. You hardly ever have something to say. Sigh.

The problem with the site is as I explained a pile of claims and no support for the claims. In fact, the claims are mostly blatant lies and misrepresentations.

Instead of saying nothing why don't you try to support the claims made on the site. For example, why don't you try and support the claim that the only way a mammoth could be found with food in its stomach is if it was so-called flash frozen. Isn't that the claim made by this idiotic site?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Have you considered actually referring to a non baloney source for your information?

The claims on this site are really pathetic such as the following:

At the present moment, these constellations circle Earth in an elliptical orbit that crosses the equator at an angle of 23 degrees. Ancient cultures describe a time when these constellations circled the Earth directly around the equator.

That statement is completely laughable.

Notice that there are no references to the studies claimed to exist. That's because they are lies and misrepresentations.

The mammoth claim is so stupid it is incredible. The claim that the mammoth was quickly frozen is rather silly. The mammoth drowned and then was frozen.

If you are trying to learn something use a site that isn't a pile of idiotic statements.

Typical Stereo comment.

I would ask if you even watched the movie, but I already know that answer. You are way too busy distracting people with your disinfo comments to actually try to open your mind.

You might want to take a look at how many sites these frozen mammoths have been found. Link

The following map represents locations in the northern regions of Russia where mammoth and rhinoceros remains have been unearthed in the frozen tundra.

Many more than just "one drowned mammoth".

The more you try to distract people the more attention you bring.

Just what are your intentions with attempting to destroy every thread of this nature?

I am sure I am not the only person questioning why you do what you do.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Of course I didn't waste an hour of my time looking at a crappy video. I looked at the website and saw the sort of baloney that is presented by hoax sites.

What you seem unable to grasp is that the map is remains. Find a rib and there is a dot on the map. Find a tusk and there is a dot on the map.

So you think to point out rubbish claims is destroying threads? Have you considered posting the truth? I see posting rubbish claims as destroying threads.

If you think that the only possible way an animal could be preserved with stomachs contents intact is through flash freezing, then there is a problem. The mammoths that are well preserved are rare, not the norm. None were flash frozen.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Of course I didn't waste an hour of my time looking at a crappy video. I looked at the website and saw the sort of baloney that is presented by hoax sites.

What you seem unable to grasp is that the map is remains. Find a rib and there is a dot on the map. Find a tusk and there is a dot on the map.

So you think to point out rubbish claims is destroying threads? Have you considered posting the truth? I see posting rubbish claims as destroying threads.

If you think that the only possible way an animal could be preserved with stomachs contents intact is through flash freezing, then there is a problem. The mammoths that are well preserved are rare, not the norm. None were flash frozen.

This is your opinion. Nothing more. You have no evidence.

You never do.

What is your deal... Immaturity run rampant in your family?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join