It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

That's not a video of a pole shift. That's a video of a magnetic reversal. Please don't confuse people by using the wrong term.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

this thread will be part of my next movie..tnks!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
stereologist

Member was on ATS 23 minutes ago.

and PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Since you realize that you do not understand these concepts I recommend going to the library and getting a book on an introduction to geology and reading it or taking an intro course at a college.

CUin2013... here's a link & snipprt that might be of use in your defense...consider the following a mini-course,
and a comment at the end from my POV

www.newgeology.us...

paleomagnetic records show that the dipole polarity of the geomagnetic field has reversed many times in the past, the mean time between reversals being roughly 200,000 years
with individual reversal events taking only a couple thousand years.

These observations argue for a mechanism within the Earth's interior that continually generates the geomagnetic field. It has long been speculated that this mechanism is a convective dynamo operating in the Earth's fluid outer core, which surrounds its solid inner core, both being mainly composed of iron. The solid inner core is roughly the size of the moon but at the temperature of the surface of the sun. The convection in the fluid outer core is thought to be driven by both thermal and compositional buoyancy sources at the inner core boundary that are produced as the Earth slowly cools and iron in the iron-rich fluid alloy solidifies onto the inner core giving off latent heat and the light constituent of the alloy. These buoyancy forces cause fluid to rise and the Coriolis forces, due to the Earth's rotation, cause the fluid flows to be helical. Presumably this fluid motion twists and shears magnetic field, generating new magnetic field to replace that which diffuses away. However, until now, no detailed dynamically self-consistent model existed that demonstrated this could actually work or explained why the geomagnetic field has the intensity it does, has a strongly dipole-dominated structure with a dipole axis nearly aligned with the Earth's rotation axis, has non-dipolar field structure that varies on the time scale of ten to one hundred years and why the field occasionally undergoes dipole reversals.

of course read the link further and it will put forth an explaination as to how a lava flow in a Nevada location could have an anomalous magnetic orientation...
the N-S polarity in that Nevada find does not necessarily indicate a global shift of some 53º of the Earth's pole, it definitely does record the sites lava cooling with a 53º difference to the present N-S pole alignment...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is a bit more recently some action on the magnetometer

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't know for sure what's causing the magnetic anomalies of the Earth's poles..

here's a link about the current Sun emmiting a mysterious particle or energy....
news.discovery.com...

pole flips, reversals, wandering poles... ?? are these changes originating from the core
or is the magnetosphere being stressed by an outside force...our Sun?

just adding to the dialogue

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

came across this thread maybe this will help
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The site you referred to is a creationist site. The goal of that site is to twist real geological information and shoehorn it into the bible. It is hard to tell which parts of the material are real and which are phony. I've never encountered a creationist lecture or web site which was not a mix of the two.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

if nothing else I admire your dedication

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join