It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second super-fast flip of Earth's poles found

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Actually, many people will go nuts. Especially those with migraines. It will be a huge pressure to the head, since our body is basically powered by energy (us).

edit on 24/9/10 by Cybernet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Actually, many people will go nuts. Especially those with migraines. It will be a huge pressure to the head, since our body is basically powered by energy (us).

That's simply not true. The Earth's magnetic field is extremely weak. The magnetic fields we encounter every day are much stronger. There is no "huge pressure to the head" as you put it. Our bodies are not powered by the Earth's magnetic field. They are not powered by magnetic fields of any kind. They are powered by chemical processes.

People with migraines may be treated with rapidly changing magnetic fields. This is not the same as the Earth's field which is relatively static.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sorry don't want to hijack too much, but thought this is probably the better place for a question on pole-shift.

I'd like to do some research into 3 theories together - Pole shift, Nibiru, and Egyptology.
From what i can gather that Nibiru passes every 3000 yrs or so, during the reign of the Egyptian dynasties was the last pass. But many Egyptologists are basing star charts etc on 3000 yrs ago, but with the advent of the passing on Nibiru and the supposed pole shift that took place, i'd like to find information in regards to the possible placement of the magnetic poles prior to this time. At what axis was the earth on ? as opposed to the current 23.5deg tilt. I believe that getting this close enough, we could deduce the facts on Egypt.

My personal opinion, is that the earth shifted only gradually (like 5-10 deg), and this would've made Egypt's weather more like that of Italy, therefore making it a lush area with richer soils to allow crops to thrive as it is now a desert in effect.

Cheers
Brendan

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

1. Nibiru does not exist. No unknown planets can enter the orbits of the known planets. This has been shown using gravity studies and whole sky surveys.
2. Pole shifts have not happened in 2000My.

Take a look at the precession of equinoxes. The Earth wobbles like a top. Back in ancient times the wobble had the Earth's axis pointing at different stars. The star Thuban was the north star about 2800BC. That's why a rather hard to see star has a name.

Thuban
Precession of the Equinoxes

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
More information: Latest Photos of Planet X: and other related information to save your life in Pole Shift

No one knows when Pole Shift will occur exactly, and if they do, they are not telling. But we do know it is in between the Sun and the Earth now, and approaching. As it leaves the solar system, it will loom large in the sky as a red ball with a dragon tail and shower the Earth with rocks and iron ore dust. This could happen within the next 12 months.

I don't know if Nibiru exists or not. I thought I would post this anyway.

I sure would think we could see it if it were between the sun and the earth.
This would also be the fastest place it would travel, too. I call nope on it being that close.

Save your life in a pole shift

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

We've been through this nonsense before: pole shifts are not the same as magnetic reversals. Sheesh.

Love the link to the lunatic site. It has all of the ridiculous claims 2012 is famous for: misrepresentation of an image from a NASA satellite, Nancy Lieder and Zeta whatever, lies about IRAS data, ... yadda yadda yadda

Here is a stupid quotation from this idiotic website:

PLANET X WAS FIRST IDENTIFIED BY THE INFRARED IRAS SATELLITE IN 1983, ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD BY NASA AND JPL IN DECEMBER 1983 AND RETRACTED THE NEXT DAY. IT ENTERED THE INNER SOLAR SYSTEM IN 2003 AND HAS BEEN APPROACHING THE EARTH AND IS LOCATED BETWEEN THE SUN AND EARTH RIGHT NOW, WAITING TO CAUSE POLE SHIFT AS IT LEAVES, PROBABLY NEXT YEAR.

Now how stupid is that? I mean the claim is that a planet is between us and the sun for 7 years and no one noticed. How stupid does this knucklehead think we are? How slow does he think that the planet is moving?

The author claims that the planet has an orbit of 3,657 years. Don't the dimwit realize that 7 years is a large part of the orbit time? Mars orbits in a little under 2 years and Jupiter around 12 years. Seven years and it's still between the Earth and the sun. Who is this person trying to fool?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
More Information: The Malta Independant

The process of the sun crossing the galactic equator may have an energetic side effect that will bring about a new paradigm shift for man: it could be some kind of gravitational side effect, some kind of energy that we are not familiar with yet, it could be about an expansion of our perception beyond its current limits and/or a reversal of the earth’s magnetic poles.

At around the same time NASA is expecting a burst of solar activity. At present the solar system is going into a cloud of magnetized plasma, responsible for increased solar output in these last few years and for changes to the other planets, most particularly those on the outer edges, Uranus and Neptune have already had 50% changes to their magnetic fields.

More at the link.

CU

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The Malta Independent link is nothing more than a lot of baloney.

1. only the Mayan long count calendar does anything in 2012 (assuming the GMT correlationis correct)
2. ET communications? Oh really?
3. The galactic alignment happens every year
4. NASA is not predicting a "burst of solar activity"
5. assigning increased solar output to interstellar plasma is unwarranted

This is all poppy cock created by hoaxers that are speaking at the conference that want your money.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUin2013?
More Information: The Malta Independant

The process of the sun crossing the galactic equator may have an energetic side effect that will bring about a new paradigm shift for man: it could be some kind of gravitational side effect, some kind of energy that we are not familiar with yet, it could be about an expansion of our perception beyond its current limits and/or a reversal of the earth’s magnetic poles.

Even ignoring that 1) the solar system currently resides 16 to 98 light years from the galactic plane and 2) the "alignment" with the dark rift has occurred every year for decades (1 and 2 aren't the same thing, by the way) -- exactly who makes the claims about these possible effects, and through what method and evidence did he, she or they reach these conclusions?

At around the same time NASA is expecting a burst of solar activity. At present the solar system is going into a cloud of magnetized plasma, responsible for increased solar output in these last few years and for changes to the other planets, most particularly those on the outer edges, Uranus and Neptune have already had 50% changes to their magnetic fields.

On the contrary, the Sun has been rather quiet this cycle, not increasing its activity at all until this year, and the upcoming max projected for 2013 is expected to be "below average in intensity..." (NOAA SWPC, 2009).

There is no source given for the claim that Uranus and Neptune have "had 50% changes to their magnetic fields." Unqualified, such a statement isn't even particularly meaningful. What changes, and how was the determination made? We couldn't analyze the magnetospheres of those planets at all until Voyager 2 made fly-bys in the 1980s.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Could this happen this year?

There has been a lot of speculation lately about magnetic anomolies and all the animal deaths. I am wondering what other opinions are out there about this.

The last I heard the north pole was traveling about 90 miles per year toward Russia.

Is it speeding up?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

It speeded up years ago. The pole has often changed direction and speed.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well at least if it takes a few years to flip that'll give people some kind of chance to move away from rising sea levels and what not, If it becomes obvious it's really happening I'd move far away from any volcanoes even if they've been dormant for a long time. not sure what to do about the earthquakes though.

I always thought when they said the Earth would flip it would happen within an hour or so and everything would just go flying, At least a few years gives you some time to think.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm no scientist. But for those who know here is something i am curious about. I remember hearing that earth's core rotates and that gives us our magnetic field. Earth has been slowing down for years right? Shouldn't the magnetic shift follow suit? Eh that's my input. May be wrong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So it's been shown that the magnetic poles once moved 80 degrees in only 13 days..
That's pretty darn fast..
Note what effects a pole shift may have..
They are NOT talking about a complete flip, just a major shift..

However, its not all good news. Until recently, it was thought that
pole shifts were a gradual process. But recent evidence from studying
the alignment of iron particles in lava flows found one case where the
Earth's magnetic field shifted 80 degrees in 13 days.

What would a pole shift do to life on Earth?

Migratory birds, fish and animals would become confused. This might
lead to them wandering far from current feeding and breeding grounds,
into areas not suitable for them, and could quite easily be concieved
as leading to mass extinctions, habitat destruction and loss of life,
both animal and human.

While this latter theory is controversial, scientists have already
shown that insects can actually be killed as a result of fluctuations
in magnetic fields around them, and the same experimenters have shown
similar, though smaller, effects in humans, leaving them dazed and
confused.

answers.google.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Interesting....
in light of the mass die-offs of bees this year alone,
and the bird and fish kills of late, what does this mean?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am in Hongkong, the weather is strange in here too.
the summer last for long and i can not feel the autumn comes at all, missing the autumn??!.
The day before winter is so easy to tell becoz the temperture suddently dropped almost 10C just in a day,
I am not sure is it becoz the polar shift or what but some people recognised.the moon is tilted a bit much?
until now, the moon still look like a bit strange to me.
If polar shift speed is fast, the wind might blow everything down?!
Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

You are confusing a magnetic reversal which the OP is about with a pole shift, which is a crustal event. The latter never happen quickly. They take millions of years to occur.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CrayZ

The magnetic field is due to convection currents in the core. They are not related to the slow down of the Earth's rotation which is due to energy transfer to the moon due to tidal interactions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I do not believe that is a valid claim. It appears that claim came from the hoax book by John White. The book was published in 1988. The rapid events have been discovered more recently than that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
More information: Nova

This is a great interactive display of a pole shift.

You could perhaps take comfort in the knowledge that these reversals happen infrequently—on average every 250,000 years—but maybe not when you consider that it's been over 700,000 years since the last reversal, and the next one may be currently underway.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join