It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Hawking backs Christian Theology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Re: Yahushuasaves

Apart from the sermon part of your post, which belongs in a church, you excelled in the same kind of pseudo-logic provided by OP.

Whether Stephen Hawking is correct or not doesn't reflect on your half-formulated idea on creation, which only said, that some intent is involved. Next we'll have the usual 'through-the-backdoor' premature conclusions.

Sure, M-theory IS more of a leap, but it can be retracted, if found incorrect. I doubt that will ever happen with 'christian' doctrines, no matter how weird they are.

And don't draw too much on the designer-theory. If it proves anything at all, it's more reasonable to expect the hindu-'god' Brahma to be the best candidate.

Anyone insisting on using logic, should learn what it is before going public.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
My question was why does the universe require a God if it is infinite.

The first post of the thread states that the spirit, or God, is nothing, and that is what I have been arguing against. I cannot quite understand how your response answered the above question, or the original proposal of the thread.

Can you explain further, if you are able?

Kind regards

I'm trying to put it simply so that you can understand. The material world is finite but also infinite in that it has cycles or epochs. This is a form of infinity. It is infinity divided up into universes of consciousness. The best way to describe it in material form is the computer network. A network is like a parent/child relationship, where each child has a unique relationship to the parent. The parent knows all the children, but the children may be unaware of its own siblings. This is how the structure of God is. It is everything that we are a part of, yet we are only just one room inside the spirit of God. Why the visible needs the invisible to coexist is something that maybe no one will ever know, however all that is necessary is the illusion that everything is peaceful in order to bring about perfection. What the creation is, is a period in which part of the spirit of God is made imperfect in order to experience itself returning into a state of balance. That is why the world is in turmoil. That is why everything seems to escalate out of control in todays society, for the end is really the beginning of the creation and we are thrown into this life before it happens so that when it does you may know that the reality of God is true. This takes place with increasing disorder to cast away all that is not part of the plan of this creation. The children of God are sent to be beacons of life within this sphere of reality. They are like the angels, however they have the spirit of the living God within in them waiting to be born. They are the demi-Gods or what is spoken of in the Old Testament as those who became one with the daughters of men, the hero's of old.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Hi.

As far as I am aware, we create these meanings in our mind.

Look at what you just wrote. From what substance do we "create" these meaning from. Certainly not from anything material.

You may not be able to hold feelings in your hand, but this does not mean they are made of nothing. They are formed in the brain.
In other words what you are really saying is that your material brain produces "things" such as feelings which have no material attributes at all. How amazing is this?

And even if you can somehow show me how they are truly nothing, refer to my previous post as to why even if is not made of anything physical, it is still not 'nothing.'
One thing you may be a little fuzzy on is that there are things which are material in nature then there are things which are not. Its either something or nothing. material things exist in space. Non material things do not. There is no gray area.Its as simple as black and white.

God does have attributes. Even if these attributes exist outside our universe, he has them nonetheless. Because he has attributes, he cannot be nothing. Nothing has no attributes.
Please show me what attributes God may have that are material. NONE! ZIP! NADDA. There is either material or non material. Nothing does not mean non existence. It just means not existing in space.

The attributes of God? As far as I have been told, they are loving, jealous, anger. Very similar to human attributes.
Right. Only Gods are infinite.Ours are finite.However ,These attributes are relative to our spirit(non-material) and not our body (material)

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

As a scientist I'm certain Stephen Hawking is wrong. You can't explain the universe without God

There's no denying that Stephen Hawking is intellectually bold as well as physically heroic. And in his latest book, the renowned physicist mounts an audacious challenge to the traditional religious belief in the divine creation of the universe.

According to Hawking, the laws of physics, not the will of God, provide the real explanation as to how life on Earth came into being. The Big Bang, he argues, was the inevitable consequence of these laws 'because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here is an interesting reply to Hawking by Dr John Lennox of Oxford.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
yeah his findings dismiss GOD and here is a question for you what or who created all the atoms that made the universe in the first place.

you can tell me how the universe was created but can't tell me how the stuff that made up the universe came to be in the first place.

Once that is answered I might sit up and listen but still haven't explained the most vital part

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join