It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

puter hacked ... need help .....!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hi ATS'ers

bit of a newb with the laptop , and
have a problem .

Took this screen shot of my calender yesterday.
Someone (unknown) , has left this rather cryptic (craptic)
note about a meeting I supposedly have , in the war-room
on the 27/9 .
I've always had other "difficulties" with the PTB ,
and I reckon this is the start of a new chapter .

I have a few ideas of what it could mean ,
and none of them are good ...

The first thing I want to do is track down WHO put this
on my puter . (It is kept in a secure place , and is only used by me )
somehow this has been sent by an outside source

Any help would be appreciated

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a70e1c4dc5a4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-9-2010 by radarloveguy]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

You are over paranoid. I think if someone hacked your computer they would do a lot more damage than add a meeting to your calender.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
wasnt your computer that got hacked. that is an online calander isnt it?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
you are not the only one.

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Yeah, it does. It seems to be a notification for the Google Engineering team, obviously in something they call the "War Room".

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Firstly, computers arent always hacked to cause damage.

Secondly, a little more information on the laptop and its history (if any) would be a big help.

It would be a little strange for this just to appear, does the laptop and its internet connection (if it has one) ever get left on for long periods of time while not in use?. Has the laptop ever been left unattended in a place where you might think it could be hacked, or at least tampered with.

It might not be something to worry about, say if the said laptop was bought second hand, the previous owner might of been into online gaming and the 'war room' could of been the name used for the lobby of that game. (Im sure there is a game where the lobby is described as the war room, just cant be certain right now) Maybe that person just arranged to be online that day and made a note of it, it could be something as mundane as that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Firstly, I want to clarify to you that iGoogle is an online service, you might acess it through your computer but the data stay recorded in the google server.

In a first look I thought your account might have been hacked and someone put a note on your calendar to scare you, maybe even a friend trying to make fun, but just to be sure of it, I signed on my iGoogle page and downloaded this app. For my surprise we are scheduled to the same meeting!

Strange, right?

But, nothing to worry about! After a close look, it seems that this app Google Calendar Viewer relies in some kind of feed to make the calendar work, so, if you click to edit the app a camp will appear saying "Calendar Feed" with this feed "http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/[email protected]/public/basic".

See? It's just an example feed to show how the calendar works, also one of the developers of the app is named Ralph S. and he might be the one who created the example of feed.

Actually, I don't know how this app fully works but it seems a bit buggy. My advice is that you delete this app and download another.

Hope it helps.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just to put your mind at rest this isn't an issue with your laptop it is a problem with the google calander.

A quick search reveals quite a few people with the same problem like
here
and here

I can't find a solution for the problem though

top topics

join