It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Why worry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Heaven's Gate, Jonestown, Seventh Day Adventists.... just a few of those enlightened souls who have seen the date of the end of the world.

Their's ended, for sure.

It is not for Man to know times and seasons; only God the Father knows when the End is. Be safe in the arms of the Lord Jesus.

The World shall hate you, persecute you, torture you, maim you and eventually (try to-) kill you if you hold on to his Word.

Keep going.

Why are people desperate to find "enlightened knowledge" of what can be as negative as possible wherever they can find it, but they (not all, but many) scold Christians who know their Salvation is secure in the Blood of Jesus, as naiive fantasy dwellers? And then those same pessimists often wish to talk about being realistic and positive.

Keep going.

If there is no god, i may have wasted some time per day to worship that which does not exist. But if God is alive, as i believe He is, and Jesus Christ is my Saviour, as i know He is, i'd be damned, literally, if i were to let go of Him for a few temporary moments of bliss on this earth which is going to be destroyed anyway.

He shall provide in all situations for all occasions in all needs when needed.

Why break my head about the end of the world in two years' time?

Glory to Jesus Christ the Lamb of God!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Glory to Jesus Christ the Lamb of God!!!

Why break my head about the end of the world in two years' time?

You're already breakin' your head daily following that poo - you might as well go all out and believe everything...

And if you are so sure about your beliefs, why the need to let us hear about it..? Can't you be content with them and let others figure it out for themselves..?

And 2012 isn't really what your OP was all about, huh..? Your agenda is obvious...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Another one of those thinly veiled threads.
Please do not belittle people who do not share your beliefs.

You should stick to singing.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs! The original concept of end times 2012 did not come from a religious background, rather scientific theories and misinterpretations of the Mayan Calendar.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit

Why are people desperate to find "enlightened knowledge" of what can be as negative as possible ......... those same pessimists often wish to talk about being realistic and positive.

SO your claiming that finding "enlightened knowledge" can be "as negative as possible" yet those who seek it are the pessimists???? Do you sense the hypocrisy in your statement or are you not self-aware enough to realize???

If there is no god, i may have wasted some time per day to worship that which does not exist.

Considering your logic, it is clear that you have wasted a lot more than just "time".

But if God is alive, as i believe He is, and Jesus Christ is my Saviour, as i know He is, i'd be damned, literally, if i were to let go of Him for a few temporary moments of bliss on this earth which is going to be destroyed anyway.

So with no real proof, you think that the earth will be destroyed, yet you call others pessimists??? What a joke!

Why is god going to destroy this earth anyway? maybe he is the real pessimist don't you think?

Please don't reply with answer any of these questions, just think about them to yourself. BTW, next time you post please put some real thought behind it so that you don't embarrass yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Star and flag for you J.Smit.

This year is the first time in my life I have been in such poor financial condition.

I was also diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure one year ago thous month.

Had 4 surgeries to get a suitable [place in my arm to have dialysis. All four surgeries were failures.

Since I realize my only hope is God this has been a very happy year.
God has brought me to a feeling of contentment and trust in him that is hard to describe and even understand.

Every time I get down He picks me up and he gives me peace.

God bless you J.Smit.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Things usually happen when people don't expect them too. I think the topic starter has a point.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The answer to this is simple, it takes a lifetime to save your Soul but only a moment to lose it. That is why you should worry, even if you are a Christian and you believe your Truth is the only Truth. One small deviation to this and suddenly a mode of Denial can wash over you, a small lie can erupt into a falsehood beyond realization, and in a flash the Devil will win you!

Good luck with not worrying! (speaking generally of course). I worry every single day about my Soul because I realize my Journey is not complete by any means. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in Denial.

edit on 9/15/2010 by Greensage because: because I am in agreement and needed to add a tidbit in there!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My personal idea is 2012 is a shift on earth, the sun. Not sure but I think of it, the dark ages, some leave some get left behind. Want to go, go stay behind if you want, I will stay behind. My quest begins, I love my puny self, the small me, I do not want glory but to search and find, always exploring, always explaining it to my self in different versions. Amazement is my glory, it's the point of being alive. If we all die and there is nothing left, then we die anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am not worrying, but I find it funny skeptics make predictions that nothing will happen and they are right. But laugh at people (doomsayers) who make a prediction that something will happen.

If Nibiru doesn't happen, then I can see a financial crisis happen on 2012 just to bring us into one world currency and one world goverment. They are just waiting and building for the right time.

Here is just something based on my philosophy like carlin. I also am waiting for the comet or asteroid as well. heh heh heh RIP Carlin =)

edit on 18-9-2010 by dragnet53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The problem is, whatever were to happen in 2012 would have to be astronomical in nature. The Mayans are the only ones who mention December 21, 2012 anywhere (albeit not in a prophecy). Their calendar is based off of astronomical observations. So, there is no way they can look at the sky and then determine that there will be a financial crisis hundreds of years later. Furthermore, why would they be predicting a financial crisis, when it has happened many times before? Finally, it would be almost impossible for some dramatic financial downturn to occur on December 21 since it is in the middle of the holiday season, which is when most places post their highest profits for the year.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Well said, ha ha ha ha. It certainly was "the end" for them.
Seriously though,.. I'm not worried at all about a cataclysmic end for us all.
I'm more worried that we don't get Disclosure nor any sort of a rise in consciousness (just a teency weency improvement would be great) or a huge En-Mass visit from our buddies in their flying scooters,..NOTHING!!
I'm worried that we just keep bumbling along,..business as usual with the Cabal rapidly reducing us to serfdom until we gradually slowly disappear up our own clackers, to quote a rather coarse colloquialism.

That's my worry!
I'd rather we go out in one huge amazing blaze of glory, giving the rest of the galaxy a pretty light show as we blast into oblivion.
No Earth to return to in the next incarnation, no moon to (according to Lear) collect our souls for re-cycling back to Earth. Just our spirits thrown to the cosmic wind, re-incarnating wherever God wishes either as cockroaches or dogs or humanoids or Michelle Pfeiffer's bicycle seat anything,.. must be better than this # hole we've created.
But that's too easy isn't it?
Both extremes are too easy, I guess it's just back to the grindstone working harder to sort out this mess we call Earth.

new topics

top topics

join