It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cleric calls for beheading of Dutch politician

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Gentil
I don't know what it means to your or any one else but it does mean something to me.
I do not know if the statement you made was made in sarcasm or not.
I do not know if you will say anything different behind closed doors, as you would in public.

All of the above do have bearing on the words spoken.

It was a serious statement. I would have said the same to Al-Qaeda.

Glad to know that that had a, hopefully pleasant, effect on you.

The other night I met a young Afghani lad who had migrated with his family here to Australia, who was proudly muslim and who told us about his life in Afghanistan before he moved. Of being a young boy and given a gun, and that during his childhood, in total he had killed 4 members of the taliban. He said he was almost 18 now.

He said that he hates what the taliban stand for and was very serious when he denounced radical extremists hiding under the veil of islam - no pun. It was an honour to have met him and he even shared a drink with us. He went on to say that he intends to return to Afghanistan when he can, to join the troops there as he can speak various languages and would be able to help as an interpreter. That is the sort of person who needs to be in their thousands to put an end to radical islamists.

BUT he was just one person. As you are just one person.

Neither you or he are in the position to sway the community you live within, unlike the case with this imam. And in Australia we've had a plethora of high profile muslims who hold positions of power in their communities, espouse extremist and negative views.

Never has there been a vocal majority to denounce them - this is the issue.

And I just don't understand why it is this way...

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join