It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cleric calls for beheading of Dutch politician

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Okay, we cross-posted here and i have just read your recent comments. No, no one should call for the beheading of anyone, but in Geert's case I could understand why. And no, the Catholic church has a lot more to do in regard to the rampant child abuse that exists within it.

My view is this: I am fed up with anti-Islam rhetoric being played out across these boards. However we look at it, Muslims have a right to be angry with us. For the last ten years, we have been waging war against them and how would that make you feel?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I don't think you are understanding what I'm trying to get at.

You're trying to tell me that Muslims have a right to be mad at the entire Western world (you did use the word 'us') because a few people decide to exploit a region with a heavy concentration of Muslims... But at the same time WE can't be mad at ALL Muslims because a few of them call for Jihad and kill people in the name of Allah?!?!?! I guess it's alright for them to be Anti- West, but if you question anything a Muslim does, it's being Anti-Islamic and it's wrong.

Leaving all religion out of this, maybe we should agree with the fact that calling for anyone to be killed is wrong. It doesn't, or at least shouldnt, help anyone's image and is backwards.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Yes, a crime is a crime, but how can the West justify killing hundreds of thousands of people since 9/11? That event has divided us like no other.

What has the blood shed of so many people done to secure our countries?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Most of the anti-Islam stuff you hear about is from self inflicted wounds caused by the Muslims themselves. No one would be bitching about this stupid Iman if he hadn't said such stupid things. I have defended Muslims actions when they have been right, but I will not defend the right of a "man of the cloth" to ask for the beheading of another human.

I'm tolerant, but I don't have to let boorish behavior stand when it comes to threatening actual violence on others. I'm sure that Dutch politician isn't a very nice person, but I wouldn't be calling to behead him.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have nothing against Islam, I just wonder why they are highly strung? It seems as though Islam uses intimidation tactics, in order to get a message across or prevent people criticizing Islam.

Judaism is targeted, Christianity is targeted even Scientology (if you call that a religion) is targeted but you don't see constant death threats from them.

A teacher names a teddy bear "Mohammed" and she gets locked up. The south park creators make a Joke (as they do with most religions) and they are sent death threats....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

The West has spent nearly a decade waging war on Muslims. Could this be the reason they hold us with such little regard?

Edit: Logic must prevail here? We have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Muslim people. What are they supposed to think?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
What has the blood shed of so many people done to secure our countries?

Getting off topic here, but if we had done nothing after 9/11, I am confident there would have been even more attacks. Like it or not, we are engaged in a war with Radical Extemist Muslim terrorists. I'd rather take the battle to them than try to thwart every attack they try. It sucks greatly that innocent people have had to die on both sides.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It sucks?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
... It seems as though Islam uses intimidation tactics, in order to get a message across or prevent people criticizing Islam.
...... even Scientology (if you call that a religion) is targeted but you don't see constant death threats from them.

You could make a very persuasive argument that Scientology reacts the same way that the more radical arm of Islam acts towards "non-believers" and those choose to leave that religion.

When part of your religion gets compared to Scientology, somethings not going right with that part of your religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

People....

Just over 3,000 died on 9/11.

Does that mean we should have spent the last decade killing hundreds of thousands of people in revenge?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well before you jump on the west is anti-Muslim ask yourself some questions... Who were our [the coalition] allies against the Taliban? Warlords from the same region if I remember? As for in Iraq our biggest allies were the Kurds. Now look how the countries hosting Kurdish populations treat them. Plus for all the religious tolerance Muslims claim to want how do they treat other religions? Here's a non-violent example. Remember before the invasion of Afghanastan the statues the Taliban demolished for be heathen idols? Islam has no central leadership so no one person [or even small group of] can be held accountable for the actions of the faithful. Are Catholics the same as Baptists? Ignorance works against the west in it's dealings w/ Islam but Islams history is not all rainbows and sunshine either.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As i have previously posted before

Someone please inform them that we are living in

2010 AD

and not in

1010 BC

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Okay... in a spurious way.

I think it would be a pretty good guess the West is anti-Islam based on its murderous past. Look, my sentiment is this: Spend 10 years killing hundreds of thousands of Muslims. What do you expect in return? Roses and love?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Oh no, we live in medieval times. I am just fed up with us thinking that killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people over ten years is justified.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It is IRRELEVANT whether Geert is racist, it is IRRELEVANT whether you like him or not, it is IRRELEVANT what he says. Why even bring it up?
Or would that make it OK to go around inciting people to saw off his head? Really? Amazing.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It sucks?

Yes it does.... but that is what happens when war occurs. Innocents die far more than those actually engaged in the war. It's never right or nice. Been that way forever. I'm not going to bemoan it, it's part and parcel of what happens in war.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

People....

Just over 3,000 died on 9/11.

Does that mean we should have spent the last decade killing hundreds of thousands of people in revenge?

I know this sounds rather callous but..... it's not revenge....it's making sure it doesn't happen again. And yes, I'm well aware that the simple act of trying to make sure it doesn't happen again via armed conflict presents the possiblity it still could occur again. To me it beats standing around, doing nothing, waiting for it to happen again. We have given our most precious resource trying to prevent it from happening again, I am aware of the cost.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im just as tolerant as anyone of religions and anything else, but the minute you start trying to tell me i cant do something because of YOUR religion, or you become a threat to me or my family safety, welp.......youve given up your right to be treated fairly by me......

Mask
I agree with what is quoted above the most. As to people being afraid to speak out, I agree that is a possibility. I just don't know how real it is. To find that out we would need people to chime in from from different parts of the world to even have some idea if that is what is happening.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Obviously a good amount of people, at least in this thread, have enough sense to recognize that this whole issue of a Cleric calling for followers to behead a specific person who is an enemy to his faith is wrong, which is good to see. A line has to be drawn between being called anti-Muslim and questioning something which is clearly wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Oh no, we live in medieval times. I am just fed up with us thinking that killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people over ten years is justified.

Indeed, i see your point, but lets face it, as the human race evolves so to will distorting reality. When one draws a parallel line from AD to BC does one begin to grasp the direct influence of subliminal human thought alterations given in small doses as to not arouse the conscious into brain stimulation.

Its when a person posts a blunt message as i have does it only bring a clearer picture of reality. keep in mind, that since the time humans used pictures to transfer messages to one another was the time that atrocity's had begun. Over time they only accumulate the amount of deaths involved in the name of religion, county, ideology.

Fast forwarding time, we now have multiple means of transferring messages to a wider audience. The purpose remains the same as it was in B.C. but the difference is in our modern times, it takes far less time and effort to engage them all according to what he/she/their agenda is.

In short, the idiot box is the ultimate weapon in today's society, this is why the majority of nations offer it FREE, welcome to the world of television and its wonderful shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join