It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pak Minister wants Obama to be ''leader of all Muslims''

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
And I completely understand not letting something go for a long time, especially something as traumatic as 9/11, but the point still remains, that giving a speech at a Muslim gathering has absolutely nothing to do with September 11th.

Say what!?! The Pakistani Minister was talking about Obama leading Eid Prayers at GROUND ZERO. Explain to me how that has nothing to do with 9/11?????

The Muslim faith may be guilty of not saying enough, but how is it their responsibility to apologize on the behalf of extremists?

That's like expecting every Catholic to apologize for pedderass priests...

No one expects anyone to forgive or forget 9/11, but in your anger, have you ever thought that categorizing ALL Muslims as guilty not only makes no sense, but is border line stereotyping? (i/e all Muslims are terrorists?).

I do think all Catholics should feel horrible about the abuse scandal and apologize, like we Catholics need MORE guilt. There is nothing wrong with feeling bad and sorry for actions of others, even if they are barely relatable to you. It shows empathy.

I understand you think I am painting all Muslims with the terrorist brush, honestly I'm not. But that still doesn't mean it's acceptable to me to have a sitting U.S. President lead Eid prayers at Ground Zero. I don't claim all Muslims to be "guilty", but even those that had nothing to do with it should feel guilt, sorrow and remorse. At least they can say "You know I'm sorry that some people from my religion have done this to you, Sorry". Whats so hard about that? That kind of act would mean a hell of a lot more to me than having my President lead Eid prayers. Sometimes Muslims understanding of others feelings is pretty horrible, IMO. I know it seems I am expecting a lot of Muslims, but the wound on 9/11 is still pretty sore for me...... they need to rub oinment in it, not dirt.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Now it's vacations, vacations, vacations...on taxpayer's dime.
Instead of an announcement of Civilian Service Corp jobs on Labor Day, this muslim is running for Ayatollah of the World?
Disgusting...

Regardless of whether he is a Muslim, was a Muslim, who cares? How does that matter? And who said he was running for it? If you read the original post you'll see that he has been invited[/] to speak....your lack of insight is whats really disgusting here...

And as to the "little girl scenario", I have to agree, as long as they are hot and of age...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Muslim perspective?

I found a link to an article with a little more insight into the Muslim perspective and some of the reactions to the article in question.

Read some of the comments at the bottom. Very insightful and educational.

But all disagreements aside, Obama could only be selected if he was in fact a Muslim...so any chance of him coming forward with saying he is in fact a Muslim is pretty slim to none.

And once again, I have to agree that they could be a little more gentle with what and where they are doing these things. But as a member of the US, what kind of message would it send if we tell them you can't practice your beliefs here...even if they are presented in a less than likely time and place?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Allama Obama.

Sorry, just had to post that. I'm sure it's a noble Muslim title, but with the President's last name, it just sounds silly.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

But priests aren't taught from birth that chasing young boys/girls will send them to heaven.
Whereas....(do I need to say it?)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Originally posted by DevilJonah
The Muslim faith may be guilty of not saying enough, but how is it their responsibility to apologize on the behalf of extremists?

and progressive crap? You're right, it is crap to think that human beings could be capable of making a difference instead of making a unintelligent, unresearched, close-minded assumptions based on speculation...and just curious, could you do me a favor and show me ANY hard evidence that it was a MUSLIM attack, besides quotes from main stream media assumptions?

And every Catholic should apologize for the pederasts who have gravitated towards the priesthood. More importantly, they should apologize for the 100+ American Bishops who knowingly shuffled these criminals to other parishes and dioceses rather than respecting the law and turning the information over to the proper authorities. They are no less guilty than the child rapists who carried out these despicable acts.

There should be a full investigation into these matters; and all those who were and are involved in the cover up, all the way up the hierarchy, all the way up to and including the Pope himself, should be indicted and brought to trial.

And every Muslim should apologize for the terrorists who have gravitated towards Islam, and the American Imams who know of these conspirators and have failed to turn over information that will end up saving the lives of many Americans. They are no less guilty than the terrorists who carry out these despicable acts.

There should be a full investigation into these matters and into all the American Imams who actively recruit and nurture Radical Islamic Extremists in order to carry out terrorist acts against the United States; and all those who were or are involved in this complicity, all the way up the hierarchy, all the way up to and including the Caliph himself, should be indicted and brought to trial.

It's time for these two great World Religions to unite on these issues. It's high time for Muslims and Christians to throw these Murderers and Child Rapists under the bus before they end up destroying us.

And Progressive crap? You are right. It is crap to think that Progressives could make a difference when they refuse to accept responsibility and acknowledge the facts ......and just curious, could you do me a favor and take a look at this video and show me any reason why you would not consider it Hard Evidence that 9-11 was a MUSLIM attack, and not just a whacked out conspiracy theory?

www.youtube.com...

There are many more where this one came from.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You have it right Proto, now don't forget to wish me a Happy Rosh HaShanah on Thursday the 9th, you were off by one day.

Rosh HaShanah in 2010 will start on Sundown the Wednesday the 8th and will continue for 2 days until Friday, the 10th of September, these are the High Holy Days.

I had a blast last year playing Eid Clause to Muslims and sharing Happy New Years wishes with Jews.

Both were delighted a non-Muslim and a non-Jew knew these holidays were taking place and expressed well wishes.

While some here on ATS love to bash both these groups, I scored some real tastey home baked treats for treating both groups with kindness and respect on their holidays.

While many fear Zionist influence of Congress, and Sharia Law being imposed by Muslims, I know the real truth of their grand plans...

To stuff me full of great tastey treats, because after all the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Signed,

The Cookie Monster

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You might be forgiven for not hearing the outpouring of grief and anger that many muslims showed after 9/11. That is not to say it doesnt exist, and also it does not mean that people of the muslim faith havent been apologetic, devastated and disgusted by the idea of thier fellow muslims being involved in such a thing.
The reason its not heard of that much is because the media (who are the only people who could broadcast such an apology) will not cover it. You know why ? Its because the media is owned by people who support government sponsored murder, and they like to keep people hating on eachother, because its easier to send a man to war, when he believes that his so called enemy has no remorse for his sin.
Im sure you cant possibly believe that you are aware of everything that happens on this planet, after all , you are a mortal person, not omnipotent. With that in mind, do not assume ANYTHING about a faith which quite clearly gets the worst of the press.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
He'd probably like to do it. He gave an interview a while back and said that the Muslim 'call to prayer' chants were beautiful. He then chanted the prayers for the reporter. According to the reporter, the chants were 'perfectly done'.

It was the March 6, 2007 interview with Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, entitled, “Obama: Man of the World - which seems to have been scrubbed from the internet. I could only find quotes of it from other sources now.

He could be a Caliph and a POTUS at the same time.
That doesn't establish a gov't sponsored religion.
If he used his position to further a religious cause - like Islam -
THEN that would be a definate problem and possible violation.

Edited to add ... The Pak Min saying that having Obama as Caliph nd saying the prayers would end the problem that Muslims have with the USA ... that's absurd. There will ALWAYS be problems between Muslims and everyone else. That's the nature of organized religion and cults. Gotta' have an enemy to hate and fight ... even imagined ones.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
And just curious, could you do me a favor and take a look at this video and show me any reason why you would not consider it Hard Evidence that 9-11 was a MUSLIM attack, and not just a whacked out conspiracy theory?

www.youtube.com...

Because it's fake?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It appears that some people in the Muslim world are equally capable of getting the wrong end of the stick, as many Americans, in regards to the baseless notion that Obama is a Muslim.

His father was apparently an atheist, who came from a culturally Islamic background.

Obama snr., naming his child ''Hussein'' is not indicative of him being a Muslim, as plenty of atheists, or non-religious people, in the West give their children Biblical names - I imagine it's much the same in Islamic countries or cultures.

Again, being educated at an Islamic school in Indonesia, doesn't imply that he's a Muslim.

Faith schools are known to have a high standard of ''normal'' education, so it's no wonder that he was enrolled in both Catholic and Muslim schools in Indonesia.

Obama has been with a church since 1988, and all the evidence points to him being a Christian.

Even if he is Muslim, then I don't see how that matters.
Everyone's entitled to their own personal beliefs/disbeliefs, and I see no reason as to why anyone could genuinely object to that.

I understand that it would make him a liar for denying the fact, but it wouldn't exactly be the first lie he's told, would it ?!

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Its actually depressing to see how many people can't just stop stereotyping. I mean I know ignorance was plenty in the world, but shocked so many are on ATS!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Personally I think anyone who actually has spent time on the planet in an honest and observant way, and then has spent time on ATS in an honest and observant way, who still actually imagines the President of the United States has some independent power and discretion to use it, is probably either not so honest or not so observant.

The President's actual job title is fairly honest one "Cheif Executive" of a corporation that he is not actually on the board of directors or principal stock holder of.

I do think it's amusing in a cute kind of antiquated way watching some overly religious, politically inclined, and newer members continue to cling to the fiction that the President of the United States is some how a person who actually decides the fate of the nation.

I wonder if such members know they amount to little but comic relief.

Kind of like kindergarden students mixing with college students working on their doctorates.

I think if anyone was paying attention they might have noticed since 1970 we have had a crook and a petty burglar, then a jock who couldn't walk down a flight of steps, then a movie actor who had gone senile and eventually couldn't seem to recall anything, then a CIA director, then a womanizer and playboy, then an overaged frat boy former drunk and coc aine addict, then a guy who despite a decade in state and federal politics who never even wrote a law.

Basically the Powers that Be could literally put a monkey in office at this point and some of you would actually argue about the monkey's origins and intentions.

Sadly many of you would vote for the monkey if he tossed you a few bananas and nodded his head in agreement with certain things you simply want to hear.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by the Gospel of Luke

Originally posted by the Gospel of Luke

And just curious, could you do me a favor and take a look at this video and show me any reason why you would not consider it Hard Evidence that 9-11 was a MUSLIM attack, and not just a whacked out conspiracy theory?

www.youtube.com...

Because it's fake?

Well I can't answer that question Luke. I don't exactly know what you mean by it. Can you elaborate? And by the way, welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by the Gospel of Luke

www.youtube.com...

Because it's fake?

Well I can't answer that question Luke. I don't exactly know what you mean by it. Can you elaborate? And by the way, welcome to ATS.

Well, thanks for the welcome.

And I meant simply that the tape is fake. The question mark was my failed attempt at sarcasm, I should have just put a period.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ya, I fail often fail at sarcasm myself. But what on Earth makes you think that it is fake?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Ya, I fail often fail at sarcasm myself. But what on Earth makes you think that it is fake?

These two articles sum it up pretty well:

mujca.com...

whatreallyhappened.com... ml

Here is Osama bin Laden's official FBI wanted page. Notice what it doesn't mention?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The video in the link you provided has been deleted. I suppose you are going to say that's part if the conspiracy also. Are all of his videos fake? Let me ask you this. Why do you hate America so much that you would accuse its leaders of murdering its own citizens? What has America done to you that has caused you to despise her? Are you a Communist?

mujca.com...

[edit on 5-9-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The video in the link you provided has been deleted. I suppose you are going to say that's part if the conspiracy also. Are all of his videos fake? Let me ask you this. Why do you hate America so much that you would accuse its leaders of murdering its own citizens? What has America done to you that has caused you to despise her? Are you a Communist?

mujca.com...

[edit on 5-9-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

I linked you for the articles, not the video.

No, not all his videos are fake. You would have known this if you bothered to read the second article.

Show me where I said that I hate America? Show me where I said that I despised it?

And no I am not a Communist. What a ridiculous conclusion to jump to. Wanna tell me how you came to that one?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If Obama did accept and say those prayers, would that be a
violation of the seperation of church and state? Kids cant pray
at school, why do muslims think its ok for him to do this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join