It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pak Minister wants Obama to be ''leader of all Muslims''

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Pak Minister wants Obama to be ''leader of all Muslims''

news.in.msn.com

A Pakistani minister wants US President Barack Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero in New York and become the "Amir-ul-Momineen" or Caliph of Muslims.

Minister of State for Industries Ayatullah Durrani, who belongs to the ruling Pakistan People''s Party, said the upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr festival, expected to be observed on September 11, would be a "golden opportunity" for Obama to offer Eid prayers and declare himself the leader of all Muslims.

"In this way, all the problems of the Muslim world would be solved," Durrani told The Nation newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well this is kinda funny.

I don't think Obama is a muslim, but he sure was born as one and educated as one. Then he ``changed`` religion...

But I don't think any US president was really a protestant/catholic/muslim... they have their own darker cult... which they worship in the californian forest every year.

Bohemian Grove... not to mention the whole secret societies businesses.

Anyway, that's gonna give ammo to the ``Obama is a muslim`` crowd...

news.in.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Jebus Chist.

Any story that can have Obama and Muslim in the title these days makes the front page eh?

I do agree it's kinda funny though, I wonder if it's even true or not.

God forbid Obama do it as a gesture of good will towards Muslims. I could have been a very good idea actually. Beck & Co. would have torn him a new one.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I cant wait to see if Obama does this or not...
2nd line...........................

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
By the way Eid starts the same day that Jewish New Years Starts which is Wednesday the 8th of September this year.

Unlike our New Years, where New Years is always January 1st the Jewish Holiday of New Years and the Muslim Holiday of Eid are based on 12 full lunar cycles so the actual day in the Roman Grego Lego Calendar tends to fall on a different day each year.

Eid is a three day Holiday which this year would start on the 8th and include the 8th, 9th and 10th, so real nice try by who ever wrote this article making Obama the leader of all Muslims and Eid start after it ends to bring the September 11th date into play.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lets toss this around...IF Obama did accept this great honor..ô¿ô..what would you all think then??? What would your comment be?..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I started off an Obama supporter, just on the idea that we have had made enough progress to elect change. But than it started to become obvious that the concept of "change" is a completely ludicrous notion in modern US politics.

On one hand, accepting it would give the possibility that the Muslim nations would be happy to embrace Obama, but I find it more likely that they would take it as an insult that they would be led by a United States president, and not to mention in a nation where anti-muslim sentiments are at their highest, I highly doubt that he would risk the repercussions of the close-minded who are so convinced that he is in fact a non US citizen and Muslim.

I guess the moral of the story is, who cares? Regardless of whether he is a citizen or not, or a Muslim, or not, his political agenda takes precedence, and he won't touch anything that would endanger his already failing approval rating.

World peace could be on the table, but no politician would risk their own stability to attain it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

God forbid Obama do it as a gesture of good will towards Muslims. I could have been a very good idea actually.

Why, why do we have to offer a gesture of good will towards Muslims at the site where worshipers of that religion killed over 3,000 innocent people? I just don't get that logic.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

God forbid Obama do it as a gesture of good will towards Muslims. I could have been a very good idea actually.

Why, why do we have to offer a gesture of good will towards Muslims at the site where worshipers of that religion killed over 3,000 innocent people? I just don't get that logic.

Because we're are a country founded on freedom...and religious tolerance. Punishing the masses for something a select group of extremists did is what doesn't make sense.

Its the second that we start changing our morals and ideals because of other people that we sacrifice progress.

Just because a little girl hit you in kindergarten doesn't mean that a few years later you can go on a little girl punching rampage....can you comprehend that logic?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You have it right Proto, now don't forget to wish me a Happy Rosh HaShanah on Thursday the 9th, you were off by one day.

Rosh HaShanah in 2010 will start on Sundown the Wednesday the 8th and will continue for 2 days until Friday, the 10th of September, these are the High Holy Days.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Double post, this is a first.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
Because we're are a country founded on freedom...and religious tolerance. Punishing the masses for something a select group of extremists did is what doesn't make sense.

Its the second that we start changing our morals and ideals because of other people that we sacrifice progress.

Just because a little girl hit you in kindergarten doesn't mean that a few years later you can go on a little girl punching rampage....can you comprehend that logic?

Your analogy is flawed.......Should I have to apologize and bend over backward to the little girl?? She was the one that hit me, and I have to apologize and be civil???? Sorry, it isn't supposed to work that way.
The little girl should be the one trying to make ammends, not me.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Sorry, it isn't supposed to work that way.
The little girl should be the one trying to make ammends, not me.
[edit on 3-9-2010 by pavil]

no one said anything about bending over. Simply stated that nothing gets solved when you respond violence with violence. But your logic makes MUCH more sense. If the girl doesn't apologies, let's just hold a grudge, that fixes EVERYTHING!

You obviously don't comprehend the concept of progress. Its called get over it and move on with your life. And why would you expect an apology from a group of unrelated people who had nothing in common but sharing the same religion, and not even the same view of that religion...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
no one said anything about bending over. Simply stated that nothing gets solved when you respond violence with violence. But your logic makes MUCH more sense. If the girl doesn't apologies, let's just hold a grudge, that fixes EVERYTHING!

You obviously don't comprehend the concept of progress. Its called get over it and move on with your life. And why would you expect an apology from a group of unrelated people who had nothing in common but sharing the same religion, and not even the same view of that religion...

Don't give me that progressive crap. I will not "get over" what happened on 9/11, I plan on holding my grudge for a very, very long time. I know, very unChristian-like not to turn the other cheek. Oh well. I don't need to make the first step at making ammends, the party who started the violence does. Having our President offer a Muslim prayer at Ground Zero is right up there with the stupidest things I have heard.

No where in my reply did I state I would respond with violence to the little girl, you my friend have stated that. Just because I hold her act of hitting me against her, doesn't mean I will hit her in return. I don't have to be friendly to her till she changes her behavior and apologizes.

I do think that the followers of mainstream Islam need to loudly and often condemn the actions of whacked out extremist Muslims. Why? because it's the proper thing to do and if they don't, it leaves the impression that they somehow condone that sort of behavior.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just because I hold her act of hitting me against her, doesn't mean I will hit her in return.

But will you hold a grudge against all little girls because one of them hit you?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And I completely understand not letting something go for a long time, especially something as traumatic as 9/11, but the point still remains, that giving a speech at a Muslim gathering has absolutely nothing to do with September 11th. The Muslim faith may be guilty of not saying enough, but how is it their responsibility to apologize on the behalf of extremists?

That's like expecting every Catholic to apologize for pedderass priests...

No one expects anyone to forgive or forget 9/11, but in your anger, have you ever thought that categorizing ALL Muslims as guilty not only makes no sense, but is border line stereotyping? (i/e all Muslims are terrorists?).

and progressive crap? You're right, it is crap to think that human beings could be capable of making a difference instead of making a unintelligent, unresearched, close-minded assumptions based on speculation...and just curious, could you do me a favor and show me ANY hard evidence that it was a MUSLIM attack, besides quotes from main stream media assumptions?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What ever happened to "first 100 days" and "stimulas package" pace of the administration? Remember that beehive of activity?
Now it's vacations, vacations, vacations...on taxpayer's dime.
Instead of an announcement of Civilian Service Corp jobs on Labor Day, this muslim is running for Ayatollah of the World?
Disgusting...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Just because I hold her act of hitting me against her, doesn't mean I will hit her in return.

But will you hold a grudge against all little girls because one of them hit you?

I will hold a grudge against all those little girls who still hang out and befriend that girl..........unless they are REALLY hot.

BH, I don't hold all Muslims responsible for their idiot brethern. Just because they didn't do the deed, doens't mean they can't feel sorry and apologize for the acts of their relatives. I apologize for the behavior of Christians in the Crusades and I'm not a great fan of colonist Europe.

It would go a very long way for them (mainstream Islam) to actively seek to work on ways to achieve common ground. One of those ways would be to be overly sensitive to the pain 9/11 has brought to most in the U.S. and be respectful of how we feel about that place and moment in time.

I'm sure the Palestinians wouldn't feel great about having Abbas lead a Rosh Hashanah service at Sabra and Shatilia. That just wouldn't be proper.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Haha what a great idea!

Give the title of "Leader of all Muslims" to the American president who is actively engaged in 2 wars with Muslim countries with a 3rd one just around the corner.

Maybe when he completes the plan and takes over all of the Middle East he will have that title.

How about giving him a Nobel Peace prize while we're at it? Doh.....

[edit on 3-9-2010 by TheSam]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Propoganda
Pakistan is a puppet govt.

This is very Stalin-like... leading the opposition!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join