It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By far the WORST 1 1/2 Hour Video of Animal Cruelty you will ever watch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

You gather some balls and watch the full video like some of us and I can almost guarantee your post would look much different

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

edit on 11/9/10 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thanks for your thread... I became a vegatarian three weeks ago and don't miss or crave meat at all, it is hard to have such limited choices in what to eat though. Today I was picking out some Lean Cuisines and 85% of them have meat. Really, I feel fine though.

Won't be watching the video though! I believe it without having to see it but, I appreciate you're courage and Thank You for reinforcing things for me- my determination to not eat meat is now stronger than ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is one of those videos that I wont watch. We should revere the animals we consume for food more than the ones we marvel at in the zoo by making sure they run around and enjoy their life in a proper natural environment and are killed in the proper manor.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

i know i am maybe going to regret watching the rest of this tomorrow. i don't like too much stuff that upsets me. i stopped at where they show the first dog in the pets part of it. i have that same kind of dog living in my house with me and my brother. his name is Fido. i opened the door to go out for a smoke when living in henderson nevada on the fourth of july. it was 106 degrees outside. he was hot. not sure where he came from, but he definately had a rough puppyhood.

thanks for sharing,
et

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

I'm not affraid to watch it, I've seen video's of slaughterhouses, I've seen animals get their throat cut right in front of me, I don't enjoy it.

I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

It's like condemning sweat shops while wearing a brand new pair of Nike's.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just hope the corruption stops with the people that inspect these places.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Damn, i got to 50 minutes and just could not longer watch this. I am at a lose as to how to explain this. I am a meat eater as well, and this has seriously sickened me. Would i eat meat if I myself had to kill it? yes, as i would do it more humanly and would allow the animal a better standard of living. But i cant do this. I cant raise cattle out my back door. This is truely shocking, i have never thought of becoming vegatarian, but honestly, this makes you wonder why we are not.

Hopefully we can do something about this one day, but i seriously doubt we will. People only care about one thing in this life, money. If it saves money then they will do it. Free range and all that is good, but again its money that plays the part in that too. And who knows how the animal gets slaughtered anyway? It might live all rght then be brutally killed like the rest. Unfortunately i don not see this ever changing, most, not all though, dont care, and as i said they are more interested in money and not the animals welfare

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video, I am an animal lover and it would screw me up totally.

That being said, here at my home we have chickens and pigs. I care about all my critters and there are a few that I love, they are pets and we don't eat them. We take the pigs to a local slaughter house and have it done right. We buy our beef from a family that raises the cows and has them slaughtered humanely and what we pay helps them purchase more cows. Right now in my area beef runs $3.00/lb. Seems expensive until you consider you are getting steaks and roasts and the very best lean burger.
The eggs you buy in the store are months old. The eggs my girls lay are absolutely the best, plus they look pretty in my fridge....

Edited to add pics of some of my babies. This is Mojo,Gris Gris, and Bunny. Thought people might like to see happy cared for animals after that video...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29f2fdcc43ce.jpg[/atsimg]
[edit on 7-9-2010 by ljtg123]

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ljtg123]

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

Thank you for taking that time to watch that much of the video,I wasnt sure people would watch it. I know it was very hard. It truely is shocking and there was something telling me I needed to keep watching it to learn how this stuff really goes down.Kind of like showing a little boy that plays with matches pictures of burn victims and houses that burnt down.
I respect you for watching that much. Thank you

reply to post by ljtg123

Very cute picture. Made me smile

Are the eggs really that old on the store shelves? If so I will seriously start supporting my neighbor a ways down who owns a farm and ask if I can buy some of the eggs his chickens lay.

Mod Edit: Full post quotes removed, REPLY TO function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

edit on 11/9/10 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Sorry it took so long to get back to you I didn't realize you had responded...
My husbands parents have chicken houses, they are nicer though and the chickens while caged aren't packed in and they have a cooling system. It just makes good buisness sence, because for every bird that dies that comes off their bottom line. But yes, by the time they are collected in the chicken house, picked up from there, sent to packing, ect they are old. A good way to tell if your eggs are old is if the white is really thin and the yolk is pale. Eggs stay good for a really long time though..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
not a problem

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join