It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A History Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would love if ATS had a history forum and I'm surprised it doesn't.

There are already discussion boards for subjects such as philosophy, politics, science and religion, so why not history?

I think it should be in ATS just as the ones mentioned above are and I believe there are historical topics which can be viewed at in a conspiracy angle.

It would be good to have some historical debates and I'm sure I'm not the only person interested in history who uses this site.

I already sent a suggestion to the admin, but members can express what they think of the idea in this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Lol, I beat you to it. I started this thread a week or so ago, titled "History or Historical Debate Forum?".

I would love a history forum and I think it is very much needed, apparently.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm a history addict myself.
The problem is that standard history and "conspiracy" history can be poles apart and clash in some very unexpected, even exasperating ways.
In the same way that physics and "conspiracy physics" clash in the Nibiru debates.
The history of the early church, the 1st century history of the Jews, the "dark ages", the ending of the War of Independance- I've entered discussions on all of these and found myself in the middle of someone's idiosyncratic theory.

There's an existing "Ancient civilisations" forum, which is often used in a way more history than conspiracy. I wonder how far the definition of "Ancient" can be stretched.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am in for this. A great idea.
There are many historical conspiracies that would fit into a new forum better than the existing ones.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree with a history forum. Would you just want it to be a general History forum or Conspiracies in History forum or both?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
me likes the idea!
yep1

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads posted above.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join