It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical christians, what happens when christianity is true, just not your brand of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
THis is a question directed to the born again type of christian. Atheists please don't derail this thread.

Say that Jesus is Lord, etc, but the Jehovah's witnesses, or the seventh day adventists are correct, and you are wrong. If you kill someone, even in battle, you will be annihilated at the last judgement. (Jehovah's witnesses) and if you didn't keep the sabbath holy, you are ...in a heap of trouble. (seventh day adventists)

Why are you people so certain that you have it right, and everybody else has it wrong? The Witnesses can point to the scripture about someone smiting you on the right cheek, turn and offer him the left also, and the Adventists can point to the 10 commandments about Sabbath keeping. They might just be right. Do you think God is going to say, "OH, that's alright then", when you say that Pastor Bob said it was ok to go kill a commie for mommie or play softball on saturday afternoon? If you say that "God knows that we thought we were doing his will", well that goes for the Witnesses and the mormons too, but you don't call them real christians. God gonna give them a pass also?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Slow down for a second! Who said what and what is truth?
www.messiahtruth.com...
Take a look at this link and see how all forms of Christianity are wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

God gonna give them a pass also?

Why not? And though you pose an interesting question it's my opinion we have to STOP pointing fingers at one another and just go about living life to it's fullest and to keep loving others as we want to be loved, without judging. Anything more than that is just complicating and causeing division in a group of people who should be untied in love and not divided by dogma.

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Rebel and Silo, I'm talking to the people that think that theirs is the ONLY WAY and that everybody else is damned. I am not one of them. Please don't derail this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by christianpatrick
reply to post by silo13

Rebel and Silo, I'm talking to the people that think that theirs is the ONLY WAY and that everybody else is damned. I am not one of them. Please don't derail this thread.

I apologize! I have just been on a roll lately proving Christians wrong.
Thanks for the thread. I owe you a flag.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

I'm not 'derailing' your thread. I'm giving you my opinion in response to your question.

Let me try again.

You're a Jehovah's witness and you think your way is the only way.
I'm a Christian Fundamentalist and I think my way is the only way.

If we both love each other, and do not judge one another, you can bet God will straighten everything out by examining our hearts and 'fruits' as people like to say.

I doubt very much God is going to see us as Methodist, Catholics, Mormons or Lutherans (etc). He's going to see us as we are, His children and go from there.

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They have already been proven wrong so many times, it won't matter. They're so stubborn, they will never abandon their ridiculous beliefs

If the whole world look up and says "the sky is blue", they will continue to say it's red for all eternity

[edit on 3-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There is no ONLY one way.I know i know Jesus said you must believe in him. But thats his followers the Christians . And yes there are some so called Christians that do not believe that Jesus is the Christ (yeah i know huh? dont ask me.)

But lets take the Jews for a sec If they are Gods chosen people why would they go to hell for not being Christians? Jesus was sent to save the gentiles (non-Jews) not to save the Jews.

So you see there is more then one "way" to God and there is not 1 religion that has it 100% right.

And yes im a Christian former Atheists and thats just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm sure there would be a lot of fundys who still would believe in their brand of Christianity, and would attribute the contrary evidence as either 1. God putting the evidence in place to test their faith, or 2. Satan putting the evidence in place to dupe the human race. To them it's all a proverbial tug of war between God and Satan, or alternatively, a big battle over becoming puppet master and we're just the marionettes on the end of the strings.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I am not a Jehovahs Witness and i am not apart of any one particular denomination. I am not a Jew but i do believe in the words of the Torah. I am however a disciple of Christ and a fisher of men. I believe in the Word of God to be utterly true and the highest authority concerning all things. Having said that i believe there is a reason and purpose to the things God ordains both in the past and present. I do not work on Saturday because that is the seventh day the Sabbath and we are to keep it holy by doing no physical labor on that day. As to the Ten Commandments saying ''do not murder'' i have never murdered anyone in my life so no problem there. I have however gone to war and killed people but that is not murder. Now having said all of this i believe even if you break one of the commandments then there is still forgiveness by the redeeming salvation of Jesus Christ. I just try to live a upright and righteous life acceptable unto God. This is my personal opinion and what i personally try to do on a daily basis

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

We are not saved by what we do or don't do anyways...

We are justified by what Christ ALREADY did 2,000 year ago.

That's precisely why he said "It is finished!"

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Christianpatrick, I feel you have asked a question all need to get answered in their belief system. It seems that theology is the problem to me, we really don't want and need theology. The true church follows the truth. Yes there is a true church, it is the invisable church, and has no denominational name and isn't ruled by a structure of cobble ling of men's ideas. The true Christian also will not accept any theology. He or she and the true church only have the truth. The truth is His Word and He is the Truth and the Way. I too am a Christian and not a member of any denominational church. The true church is where two or three are gathered together in His name and He is present there in the midst of them. Mt. 18:20 Without His presence we do not have church. That can be out under an oak tree or your home or mine or any true followers home. So see from this that once folks get the truth there is only one church. He Must be worshipped in Truth and Spirit. Jn. 4:24.

The Truth irons out the wrinkles. The truth, the truth we must have it and have it on every point. We are to make His paths straight, the truth will do it.

Truthiron

top topics

join