It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get rid of germs and survive a heart attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello and good day to all on ATS.

I got this years ago by a friend who sent me an email. The ones which are really interesting. He sent me one on how to basically counter a heart attack, yeah I know, and the use of onions to get rid of germs so I thought lets share it.

(No wonder this isn't widely known - the pharmaceutical companies would go bankrupt!!)
Very important subject.. especially for those who love to eat onions.

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people, there was a Doctor that visited many farmers to see if he could help them combat this flu, as many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many had died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and, to his surprise, everyone in his family was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She obliged and when he tested it, he found that the onion was riddled with flu virus. It had obviously absorbed the bacteria and therefore, kept the family healthy.

I heard this story from my hairdresser: she said that several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu and also many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop and, to her surprise, none of her staff got sick (and no, she is not in the onion business).

So the sensible answer would seem to be, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office (under your desk or even a windowsill). Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and none of us contracted the flu.

If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just might be a mild case..
Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a few pennies on onions!!

Now there is a P.S. to this, for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:
"Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmers story, but I do remember that I contracted pneumonia and, needless to say, I was very ill. I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion, put one end on a fork and then place the forked end into an empty jar, placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs. Sure enough, it happened just like that.. the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties."

Here is another point:

LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS! NO JOKE!

I have often used an onion which has been left in the fridge and sometimes don't use a whole one at a time and so save the other half for later. Now with this information, I have changed my habits and buy smaller onions!

And another point: dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.
Please remember it is dangerous to cut onions to cook the next day. They become highly poisonous even if just left overnight and create toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.
Please pass this on to all those you love and care for.

This is the main bit the rest talks about mayonnaise. U2U me including your email address if you want the full email. And about the heart attack one its a power point so Again do the above. If demanded by a lot of members I will upload it.

Regards, Naeem

[edit on 3/9/2010 by naeem11111]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, I thought of two possible scenarios. Either:

A - There was previously a propaganda war done by the pharmaceutical industry against the benefits of onions

or

B - The story provides anecdotal evidence and is to be read as such. It's not different if I said one day I had a headache so I rubbed the top of my head against the side of my dog while reciting the alphabet backwards and then proceeded to place 2 upside down cups on my kitchen table and the headache went away.

Random thought to add - wouldn't a farmer in 1919 be rather isolated from the population and other people possibly carrying the flu in the first place?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Yeah I agree with you there on the farmer bit, I have tried the method and it works. only costs a few pennies. do you want the heart attack survival method?

Regards, Naeem

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Variations of this email have been circulating for a few years now, About.com has an informative article about the veracity of its claims:

According to science writer Joe Schwarcz, onions are in no sense a "magnet for bacteria." In fact, Schwarcz writes, cut onions contain enzymes that produce sulphuric acid, which inhibits the growth of germs.

Source: urbanlegends.about.com...

Also, Snopes.com investigated the claim that onions fight the flu virus and found it to be false.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My Family have used onions for a long time to remove paint fumes from our houses.

You do the same as in the OP just cut them in half and place them in the room, the fumes vanish after several hours almost completely.

My Grandmother used to put raw onions in Chicken soup when we were sick, that worked a treat.

It wouldn't be beneficial to Big Pharma to spread the word about hundreds of plants used for thousands of years to treat the sick.

An almost forgotten knowledge carried on by so few, seems they wont promote the medicinal value until they can chemically synthesis them.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Symer

well it does work to some extent as I have tried it out back in high school. You are right in a way. It works on a small scale, really small. Do you want the power point?

Regards, Naeem

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Thank you for your post, I appreciate it that someone does know about this. It works with paint hmmm I will be trying that out. Do you want the powerpoint?

Regards, Naeem

link   

Originally posted by naeem11111
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people, there was a Doctor that visited many farmers to see if he could help them combat this flu, as many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many had died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and, to his surprise, everyone in his family was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She obliged and when he tested it, he found that the onion was riddled with flu virus. It had obviously absorbed the bacteria and therefore, kept the family healthy.

Nice story... If only it was true...

Viruses are extremely small, being composed of either DNA or RNA...

Being very small, viruses can only be seen with the aid of an electron microscope, which wasn't invented until 1931.

Virus and bacteria are two completely different causes of illness. A virus is a small semi-lifeform that alters cells by interacting with them in parasitic fashion, thus reproducing itself. Bacteria is a complete single cell life form that invades a host and replicates external to the host cell structure.

That is why antibiotics can work on bacterial infections but not viral ones.

Not every email is worthy of betting your life on...

link   
reply to post by naeem11111

Great thread and although it is so far only anecdotal, there may be science behind it yet. I'd be curious to see what science has to say about this.

As far as the garlic, I have actually heard about garlic helping the sick back in medieval times. This is why it is said that it drives off vampires who would otherwise come to feast on your blood at night. Back in ancient and semi-ancient times, bloodletting was a common medical practice to supposedly cure the sick, which ultimately ties in with vampires. Whether it actually works or not, is yet to be proven or at least proof that I have seen anyway.

Edited to add:

It appears as if "Mirthful Me" answered my first concern, as far as science.

--airspoon

[edit on 3-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have contacted ATS about if I can upload the power point on, and I am waiting for a reply. If I can, I will post it on.

Regards, Naeem

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Not sure if the linkys are the same ones but...this was on a swine flu thread 6 months ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If it helps or such....cool...star for the effort....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

It does work, but on a really, really small scale. Not the way you will expect it. I know it sound to good to be true most of it is, but it works done it back in high school.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I did hear about the garlic thing back in history class, but it was kind of like 50/50 some lived some died during the black plague and all that.

Regards, Naeem

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So with empirical evidence that the contents of the email is patently false, you redouble your efforts to potray it as true.

So much for deny ignorance...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hello and good day to all on ATS.

The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She obliged and when he tested it, he found that the onion was riddled with flu virus.

I'm calling fraud on this email. There was no microscope available in 1919 that could show the influenza virus, which usually runs from 6 to 10 nanometers in diameter. Today, it takes an electron microscope to see it, either a SEM or TEM.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Mirthful Me

It does work, but on a really, really small scale. Not the way you will expect it. I know it sound to good to be true most of it is, but it works done it back in high school.

It is False.

Seems like basic biology to me....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6146f42d0b9d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hmm i have heard the few mins before the ambulance alive after a heart attack are critical, don't know if this is true but i heard that if you do have a heart attack to take lots of cayenne pepper/capsicum and cough very hard repeatedly...capsicum etc i guess helps blood flow and the coughing is a sort of self CPR. Can anyone confirm this? or is it just nonsense?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Viruses are not bacteria. People want to kill all germs, when it truth, exposure to them makes you stronger. The whole antiseptic, hand sanitizer, kill the germs thing only makes super-germs. It is a scam.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I know for a fact this is true, extremely clean parents are bad parents. You are abusing your children by wiping every surface with super strong disinfectants etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I was a plumber for many years and one thing that I noticed was, I never got sick.
Even though I came into contact with more bacteria in so many years than most people would in a lifetime.
I would assume I just built an immunity to some germs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join