It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cargo plane 'crashes on Dubai highway'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Cargo plane 'crashes on Dubai highway'

www.bbc.co.uk

A cargo plane has crashed on a major highway in Dubai, according to local officials and media reports.

There is no word yet on casualties.

The plane came down on the Emirates Road motorway, setting some cars on fire, al-Arabiya television reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow!

Planes landing on motorways, and roads is something that's quite common, I was reading a few days ago.

It seems that when in trouble the best place to set an aircraft down is on a road, because they're flat, and relatively safe to land on...

Could it be that the plane in this story was in trouble, and the pilot chose the motorway to set down?

Hopefully there aren't too many casualties, but it wil be interesting to see how this develops and what company operates the plane, also if there was any "interesting" cargo on board.

(I had a look for this article already and couldn't see it...)

Over to ATS...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

i was just about to post this but you beat me to it .

the plane was an american cargo plane , reports from eye witnesses that an engine was on fire before it landed and crashed.

the first report was that it crashed on an highway near dubai airport but then it was confirmed that it crashed in the desert near a military base in dubai.

i will use google earth to point out the location

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9c60f867236.jpg[/atsimg]

number 1 is Emirates highway E311 , 2 is dubai al ain highway

the crash is somewhere between these roads and around the airport

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thats insane. Obviously, movies always have that "right" scenario to...oh i don't know....perform a highway landing with a cargo plane. Sadly, not today.

I hope everyone involved in the accident will be alright. I can't imagine what it would have looked like.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Another CIA 'Black' Flight gone amiss. Oh for the good old days of Air America.

You would think all the money the government spends on researching and developing weapons that kill people, they would come up with one for air planes that can make an emergency runway!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i believe that i heard them say that it belongs to UPS , and it crashed in the desert , so there were no casualties except for the crew sadly they lost their lives , i feel sorry for their families.

top topics

join