It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, What happens to you if/when religion is proven false?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Try harder. You already know the basic. Now improve it. Perhaps by God's grace you'll reach higher level. Do not give up. Try harder. Again.

Learning to flex your soft muscle and fell does not mean you can not walk. It's the same principle.

EDIT: OOPS! I almost forget. Remember when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit of knowledge from the garden? They see the new world and find themselves naked. They become so ashamed with themselves that they did not dare to face God.That's precisely what happen to you and precisely what the devil wants. It's very rare I would like to use ancient text as reference. But there are truth in it and this is one of it.

Think about it.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lexxmc78

There isn't anything wrong with people needing a leader, per se, imo...but serious problems arise when abusers masquerade as 'leaders'.

Real leaders would lead people away from dumbed down obedience, to thinking, reflecting and indivual and collective taking of responsibility.

Real leaders would lead by example, not by fear and exploitation.

Real leaders would encourage everyone to create a free, just and fair society.

Just because we have seen so little of these kind of leaders in recent centuries, doesn't mean it's not possible. It's just that people need to wake up to the fact that real alternatives do exist. Many people, sadly, have been so indoctrinated by the Cabal propaganda, and this has gone on for many generations, that they don't believe there's a viable alternative.

I truly believe there is.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I honestly do not think the world would be any different. All of the resources we put towards trying to increase awareness of one religious belief or the other would simply be redirected towards putting awareness towards one type of political belief or the other. If not politics it would be debate about science or a combination of the two.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The devil once says."It's TOO EASY to convert believer into disbeliever. It's almost impossible to shake the faith of one who never believe before. I rather corrupt lifetime believer than one who just convert to believe"

Nope this is not from bible or torah or quran. And nope. I'm not making this one. It always proven to be the truth. I'm certain some have experience this.

You have the right to take it or leave. The choice is yours. That's the reason why you are here when you should return to EDEN with Adam. To make your choice.

EDIT : Eden = the First Place
EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 3-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have long since moved past the notion that I believe something so strongly that my world would be shattered were my beliefs proven false. Oddly, I don't think anyone has any better chance of bringing forth undeniable empirical evidence that would accomplish this anyway. I think the first step to not having a meltdown over the fear of your belief system crumbling is deep introspection, humility, and the conceit that none of us "knows" much of anything.

I cling to the Christian underpinnings of my spirituality and faith, because it is familiar to me, and I believe that subscribing to the tenants of the teachings of Jesus Christ is good because it is love-centric. In order to do this, though, I have had to stop thinking of my faith in terms of some strict Christian dogma, because there is too much contradictory information between the Old and New Testaments, it was written by men who are corruptible, and the cannon was established by a group of corruptible men, whose primary motive was maintaining the notion that an intercessory priest caste was necessary in order for the poor, ignorant, huddled masses to receive grace and salvation.

If someone took me back in a time machine and showed me that none of it was true, I would not really care. Because the net effect would be the same, I would not be any close to "knowing" what happens after death tha I was before. The teachings of Christ are still valid as are the teachings of the Buddha because they stand on their own merits.

At the end of the day, none of us knows what happens to our consciousness when we die, and those who have wrapped themselves in the warm folds of (insert religion here) are attempting to replace that fear of the unknown with some certainty, the strength and endurance of which is determined by the relative strength of the individual's respective faith.

I find great comfort in admitting that I don't "know" anything, and that I don't even "know" what to believe. I have, through searching within for the truth, arrived at the conclusion that the only thing any of us were put on this earth to learn is love, humility, courage, honor, forgiveness, and to admit that we know nothing, and to trust that the only truth we will come by, will come from within. I feel or "believe" that we are all part of God, or the creative energy, or the source, or the one, or whatever you mind finds comfort in relating as the concept of a creator, and that we are all part of one another for that matter.

I have heard (somewhere) that the greatest lie or illusion from which almost all of us suffer is separateness. I don't think that we are separate. I think that we are all a part of each other and of everything, and that this one-ness creates a place within each of us from which the only real truth any of us will know is life, springs.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Gosh, what an original idea!

One thing's for sure. At least two thirds of the planet will be getting it wrong when they grease up the tunnel for the big slide. No way around it. The majority of human beings are either worshipping the wrong god or worshipping the right god in a way that's pissing him off.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I guess, if people see or perceive there is no GOD, no 'anything', then they would either be depressives, or full on fundamentalist atheists in the sense of having greater honesty and integrity than most atheists now. If there is nothing, no reason, no purpose, no divine plan...then why the hell would I want to enslave myself (as a fully feldged, fully realised individual) to the patterns, constraints and 'rule of law' that someone before me has laid down as a guideline for living on this planet? I'm talking humanistic law here, not theistic. Who am I, or you, or anyone else to tell me what I choose to do is right or wrong? How can anyone have the sheer arrogance or intellectual vanity to tell me I can't murder, take drugs, rape (whatever), engage in every 'adrenal high' my body and mind can perceive of? How dare you tell me that?!? Who the hell made you the moral superior to me? As far as I'm concerned, anything goes. We're all equal, I can do whatever the hell I want and you can't stop me, and you have no right to. I am purely and completely, expressing and discovering my uniqueness and individuality as as a temporal being. You don't have the right to deny me anything. If you think you do, tell me who gave you that right? I didn't. Screw you.

Just my anarchic observation anyway

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
But to set the record straight, from where I stand, kneel, walk...Jesus is Lord.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the theory of evolution can not be proved true. A story based on assumption.

At least God is a story not just based on faith but scripture is based on eye witness accounts.

so when the ever changing story on evolution is proved which it wont (just an assumption :lol
then we can start talking about
There is no GOD

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In reply to your OP.

You will go and sleep at the end of the day, then you will awaken and continue as before.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gate13
the theory of evolution can not be proved true. A story based on assumption.

At least God is a story not just based on faith but scripture is based on eye witness accounts.

so when the ever changing story on evolution is proved which it wont (just an assumption :lol
then we can start talking about
There is no GOD

How can eye witness accounts contribute to God being real?
www.usbible.com...
www.messiahtruth.com...

Looks like I just proven you wrong!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well basically this did happen to me, albeit gradually, as I looked into the Bible's claims and actually took the time to read it. I mean most of the stories in the Bible are patently absurd to begin with hence why it takes faith to believe them and none whatsoever to disbelieve because they fail to offer evidence. But if we did have evidence DISPROVING all religions and gods, something very hard to come by since its so hard to prove a negative, I don't think it would change me any.

Elements of religion would live on, the cultural aspects, the community bonding aspects, would live on. Some new religions might attempt to crop up from time to time and even in the face of overwhelming evidence some believers would still cling blindly to faith.

Supposing everyone lost their faith it might finally give humanity the ability to unite because we would no longer be fighting dogmatic wars over stories that don't make a lick of sense. We would be able to put aside the religious labels that divided us and forge a better world for future generations.

Without religion the world would be a much better place though part of me thinks that we'd find something else to fight about

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood Who am I, or you, or anyone else to tell me what I choose to do is right or wrong? How can anyone have the sheer arrogance or intellectual vanity to tell me I can't murder, take drugs, rape (whatever), engage in every 'adrenal high' my body and mind can perceive of? How dare you tell me that?!? Who the hell made you the moral superior to me? As far as I'm concerned, anything goes. We're all equal, I can do whatever the hell I want and you can't stop me, and you have no right to. I am purely and completely, expressing and discovering my uniqueness and individuality as as a temporal being. You don't have the right to deny me anything. If you think you do, tell me who gave you that right? I didn't. Screw you.

Just my anarchic observation anyway

I think there is a quote that sums up these questions with a fair enough answer
"Good, Bad,....I'm the guy with the gun" -Ashley 'Ash' J. Williams (Evil Dead).

You can decide to do all those things even now..but like pushing a domino over, there are consequences...in the cases you mentioned, it would vary from imprisonment to death penelty. You don't have to respect the rule of law and of civilization, but your respect of it is inconsequencial towards if it will effect you. I don't have to like the law of gravity, but I have no real choice but to obey it or deal with the consequences (yep, jump off a building rooftop deciding to ignore gravity will not amount to much).

I also suggest anyone requiring a deity to keep them from doing such things to begin with are vermin of society that needs to be extinguished anyhow, god or no god holding them back from murderous rampages...the infected mindset is not conductive to the actual point of life...that being to replicate and expand the species.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've notice a lot of post here try to disprove God why?
What's the purpose? There seems to be an agenda today to make anyone that believes in God to be an idiot. The OP is asking a hypothetical question because it's impossible to prove that there is no God.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rede2go
What's the purpose? There seems to be an agenda today to make anyone that believes in God to be an idiot. The OP is asking a hypothetical question because it's impossible to prove that there is no God.

I believe the opposite of what you wrote. What is God? From my research I how come to a conclusion that God is nothing more that a large contradiction influenced from other myths.
www.usbible.com...
You seem to not know what you believe. Another person who follows blindly.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rede2go

Correct, my feelings aside, I didn't want to create a bickerfest amongst people here, that was not the intent...I was genuinely curious as to what religious people would think about a sudden revelation showing -religion- was false...said nothing about God actually, just any and all religion...completely made up nonsense.

I have heard before people answer this question, talking about how they would be a murderous monster if they found out there was no judgement after life...that always made me curious how they judge themselves overall considering many religions insist that the thought is the same as the action...also why they never consider societys law when pondering the sudden loss of their religion. Life in a cell sucks, and doubly sucks if you know there is no treasures in heaven waiting once its over.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What happens to you, when science proves God is real?
Why do you have faith in man?
Mathematical theory, faith in the unproven?
Science theory, faith in the unproven?
God is not starving millions of children world wide,people are!
God did not give us falidimide babies,science did!
God is not killing our oceans,people are!
God did not make crack science did!
God gave us the ethics to end all of it but man still does not!
God did not create religion man did!
Man misused the knowledge we have gained not God!
So how is your theory better than mine?
God left us the world why should he do our job for us?
We have freewill, why don't we use it to end the wrongs in this world?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinger

What happens to you, when science proves God is real?
Why do you have faith in man?
Mathematical theory, faith in the unproven?
Science theory, faith in the unproven?
God is not starving millions of children world wide,people are!
God did not give us falidimide babies,science did!
God is not killing our oceans,people are!
God did not make crack science did!
God gave us the ethics to end all of it but man still does not!
God did not create religion man did!
Man misused the knowledge we have gained not God!
So how is your theory better than mine?
God left us the world why should he do our job for us?
We have freewill, why don't we use it to end the wrongs in this world?

Feel free to make your own topic, thanks.
in the meantime, did you want to participate in the question, or are you strictly trying to threadjack and remain off topic.

is it too hard for you to ponder the question?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

There seems to be an agenda today to make anyone that believes in God to be an idiot.

Let me ask you a question:

Would you poke fun at a grown man who believed in Santa Claus?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I didn't get the impression that you were trying to create a bickerfest, I understand what you were asking. How would people act, would the crime rate skyrocket, would people lose all morality, what would happen to churches, synangogues, mosque and other religious buildings. What would the televangelist do, how would it completely change our world.

One thing wouldn't change wars, if people didn't fight over religions they would fight because they wanted what the other people had. If you put two children in a room full of toys they will fight over the same one, it's our nature. All religions have flaws because they are made up of people

I was just trying to make a point that some people think you are a blind follower if you believe in God, when did believing in God become a bad thing? Thanks OP for a thought provoking topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join