It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, What happens to you if/when religion is proven false?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

If you could prove God, and i still rejected it, then you could say exactly what you have just said.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

So you support Judaism? Or you were using it to prove Jesus wrong? Or Both?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

If you could prove God, and i still rejected it, then you could say exactly what you have just said.

I like your post. The greatest enemy a believe of any religion is their own religious beliefs. When I try to prove to Christians that Jesus could not be God, the Messiah or a Prophet from sources in the Hebrew Bible they should now realize they are living a lie.
I'm an Atheist. Still I have Jewish blood in me. lol. Remember study about these religions to prove Atheism is superior.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The links I'm providing are to contradict Christian bias. The links are from pro Judaism sites that are critical of Christianity and Islam teachings. My beliefs are very difficult to explain.

I still don't understand.

If you believe and follow these pro-Judaism beleifs...then I just see this as another "my religion is better than yours" argument.

If you don't believe these pro-Judaism beleifs...then you are using one false belief (in your mind) to contradict another belief you think is false. And I don't understand that.

If I were an atheists...I wouldn't try to use the teachings of Islam to prove to a Christian that they were wrong...because in my mind I would see them both as being wrong.

I understand what the links are...I understand they are pro-Judiasm...I was just wondering if you agree with what they are teaching and think what they say is true...because they use as their main argument the authority of God and the Bible...so if you find their arguments to be valid...then you must accept or believe in that authority.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

The links I'm providing are to contradict Christian bias. The links are from pro Judaism sites that are critical of Christianity and Islam teachings. My beliefs are very difficult to explain.

I still don't understand.

If you believe and follow these pro-Judaism beleifs...then I just see this as another "my religion is better than yours" argument.

If you don't believe these pro-Judaism beleifs...then you are using one false belief (in your mind) to contradict another belief you think is false. And I don't understand that.

If I were an atheists...I wouldn't try to use the teachings of Islam to prove to a Christian that they were wrong...because in my mind I would see them both as being wrong.

I understand what the links are...I understand they are pro-Judiasm...I was just wondering if you agree with what they are teaching and think what they say is true...because they use as their main argument the authority of God and the Bible...so if you find their arguments to be valid...then you must accept or believe in that authority.

Well you are right on that issue. It is fruitless. I just want to see how others react from Judaism view on Jesus and Islam. Do they go wow? Or whatever they see from these articles? To me all religions are false and come from people trying to understand their place in the past.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
NOn believers drinking that LAUCE SAUCE AGAIN. Its is all good everyone I will continue to follow who I must and you who dont can follow what you do. This is why we were given the FREE WILL as to sort out which direction everyone shall go mabey we are guiding our next steps in existance with our beliefs here in this physical plane. I dont hate nor dislike any of you in fact romantic rebel is checked as 1 of my friends from comments made in other threads that I liked. So all 1 can ask is remember THE LAMB IS THE SON OF ALPHA AND OMEGA AND WAS GIVEN THIS ENTRE UNIVERSE YOUR TYPING WITHIN SO from a follower of CHRIST and 1 of his many destroyers I say peace to you all and love is the only way, as well as good luck to you on your paths w/o CHRIST. Its Friday and I am about to go enjoy this day given to me by the creator of all ALPHA AND OMEGA so have a good weekend all.

VENUS*

[edit on 9/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
NOn believers drinking that LAUCE SAUCE AGAIN. Its is all good everyone I will continue to follow who I must and you who dont can follow what you do. This is why we were given the FREE WILL as to sort out which direction everyone shall go mabey we are guiding our next steps in existance with our beliefs here in this phisical plane. I dont hate nor dislike any of you in fact romantic rebel is checked as 1 of my friends from comments made in other post that I liked so all 1 can ask is remember THE LAMB IS THE SON OF ALPHA AND OMEGA AND WAS GIVEN THIS ENTRE UNIVERSE YOUR TYPING WITHIN SO from A follower of CHRIST and one of his many destroyers I say peace to you all and love is the only way as well as good luck. Its Friday and I am about to go enjoy this day given to me by the creator of all ALPHA AND OMEGA so have a good weekend all.

Don't forget to give that idol an extra dollar for you salvation. Remember that Abraham destroyed his brothers idols.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The greatest enemy a believe of any religion is their own religious beliefs. When I try to prove to Christians that Jesus could not be God, the Messiah or a Prophet from sources in the Hebrew Bible they should now realize they are living a lie.
I'm an Atheist. Still I have Jewish blood in me. lol. Remember study about these religions to prove Atheism is superior.

So you are in fact using an argument that you think is invalid as an argument to "prove" another point is invalid.

So in your mind...you are using a false argument to falsify another argument.

Do you not see a problem with that?

If someone is saying that 2+2=5...I wouldn't say to them that this can't be true because this other guy over here is saying that 5 - 2 = 1.

In fact...In my mind I know (or think) that both of those are false...so why would I use one to try to disprove the other?

I just don't understand that way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You say you have "Jewish" blood in you, to be a Jew isn't to be of a different race, so why would you even be interested in any of their religious dogma. I understand the pressure of family/friends etc. but you are intelligent, i can see that, without doubt. Why subject yourself to religious dogma just because of your heritage/bloodline.

My parents were baptised, i don't say i have Christian blood inside me though.

I appreciate where you're coming from though, and i like your thoughts and comments.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The only thing that would happen to me is that I would have to help some of my friends deal with a reality they had never considered.

Beyond that I would be completely unaffected.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Are you willing to put your life on it? How strong is your will to see God in Himself?

If you really sincere you need proof, study OOBE first. We'll see if you are ready.

Thanks

[edit on 3-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The greatest enemy a believe of any religion is their own religious beliefs. When I try to prove to Christians that Jesus could not be God, the Messiah or a Prophet from sources in the Hebrew Bible they should now realize they are living a lie.

So you are in fact using an argument that you think is invalid as an argument to "prove" another point is invalid.

So in your mind...you are using a false argument to falsify another argument.

Do you not see a problem with that?

If someone is saying that 2+2=5...I wouldn't say to them that this can't be true because this other guy over here is saying that 5 - 2 = 1.

In fact...In my mind I know (or think) that both of those are false...so why would I use one to try to disprove the other?

I just don't understand that way of thinking.

Yes I'm using what I believe to believe to be false to discredit others. What else am I supposed to do about them asking about Jesus being a God? and using OT to prove their views? I decided one day to use the OT to disprove them. As an Atheist I believe it is my moral duty to do this in my life.

"Religion is a primitive form of philosophy, [the] attempt to offer a comprehensive view of reality." The Objectivist Feb 1966 WMail Issue #5

atheistempire.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, i'm willing to put my life on it.

If God is such a merciful and loving being that you Christians claim God is.....would he still send me to hell for eternity?

"Sorry God, i just honestly couldn't see any clear evidence for your existence, will you forgive me, i have tried to be a good, honest person"

And if he is as he says he is, he will forgive me. If he doesn't, then why would i want to worship a God like this whether he existed or not. I'm not a servant.

[edit on 3/9/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You say you have "Jewish" blood in you, to be a Jew isn't to be of a different race, so why would you even be interested in any of their religious dogma. I understand the pressure of family/friends etc. but you are intelligent, i can see that, without doubt. Why subject yourself to religious dogma just because of your heritage/bloodline.

My parents were baptised, i don't say i have Christian blood inside me though.

I appreciate where you're coming from though, and i like your thoughts and comments.

I'm not interested in Judaism. Thanks for the comment. It's just so surprising how easy I can use Judaism to discredit Christians.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ok...I don't understand using a false argument to try to disprove another argument...but whatever floats your boat.

It seems a little intellectually dishonest to me...but that is just my opinion.

As an Atheist I believe it is my moral duty to do this in my life.

Why is that? Why do you feel it is your duty to change my personal belief?

Sounds a lot like a missionary...to spread the word of Atheism...ironic?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

there is no word of Atheism, it doesn't preach about what's right and what's wrong, it doesn't try to teach fairytales and fantasies that you should believe in.

Please just watch this simple video about Why people "Choose" Atheism.

It really will show you we are not on a "Missionary" - We don't intend to kill people spreading our word either, we don't intend to tell people how to have sex, or what day to keep "Holy".

www.youtube.com...

link   

It's just so surprising how easy I can use Judaism to discredit Christians.

I could use Star Wars physics to discredit Star Trek physics...but where would it get me really?

I'm sorry...but this way of thinking just boggles my mind...I completely do not understand it.

link   
Double Post!!

[edit on 3-9-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ok...I don't understand using a false argument to try to disprove another argument...but whatever floats your boat.

It seems a little intellectually dishonest to me...but that is just my opinion.

As an Atheist I believe it is my moral duty to do this in my life.

Why is that? Why do you feel it is your duty to change my personal belief?

Sounds a lot like a missionary...to spread the word of Atheism...ironic?

Well Atheism is not a religion so how can I covert someone? I'm just trying to disprove others of their blind faith. Didn't you say you believed in God? Then don't you feel ashamed of false arguments to promote beliefs?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Out of respect to the OP...I would really rather not encourage any more ranting from you and taking this more off-topic than it already is

I'm not ranting, and this is perfectly on topic as it is a believer that refuses to even talk about his beliefs without resorting to accusations of insults and then dismissing my responses all together. This is what the topic is about.

So I will stick with my original thought, nothing I say to you will be heard. You didn't come into this thread to have a discussion...you came to fight.

I came into this topic to say my piece about why most believers will not be convinced regardless of evidence. You demonstrate this, and we didn't even get to the evidence part. I didn't come to "fight", I asked you questions.

I'm sorry my personal belief and happiness in my faith bothers you so much...that is something you will have to work out for yourself.

You accused me of not being opened minded to the "other perspective", I then asked you to present your perspective, you refused and insulted me while dismissing my questions.

Please, continue to demonstrate how perfectly you fit the description of the topic and avoid any questions about your belief.

I don't have to work out anything, you're the one running from questions. Do you now realize why there is a stereotype of religious people not being fond of science?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Whyhi]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join