It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, What happens to you if/when religion is proven false?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Out of respect to the OP...I would really rather not encourage any more ranting from you and taking this more off-topic than it already is. So I will just let you keep your baiting and your mis-guided anger.

So I will stick with my original thought, nothing I say to you will be heard. You didn't come into this thread to have a discussion...you came to fight.

I'm sorry my personal belief and happiness in my faith bothers you so much...that is something you will have to work out for yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Romantic_Rebel, unfortunatly you have been too darkend to see my intents but I dont mind brightning your day or nite lol. I study as much as I can of all religions I was brought up under the LAMB Jesus CHRIST the LHAMA and snakes are in your head telling you to teach ignorance to the who interact within this thread or site and IGNORANCE HAS BEEN DENIED. -k-

[edit on 9/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Romantic_Rebel, unfortunatly you have been too darkend to see my intents but I dont mind brightning you day or nite lol. I study as much as I can of all religions I was brought up under the LAMB Jesus CHRIST the LHAMA and snakes are in your head telling you to teach ignorance to the who interact within this thread or site and IGNORANCE HAS BEEN DENIED. -k-

I do not fear you or the so called messiah Jesus. Your ignorance has been showing with everyone of your reply's. Yet you claim I'm wrong and your right? Wow! You say you study many religions yet you just don't get it. Jesus is not God, the Messiah or a prophet. He is a false idol.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'll grant you your theory of "Higher Powers" at work. Even though i think this is an unnessasry assumption, it's also stupid to assume a complex "BEING" as created a complex universe especially when you have no idea of how the universe works, and maybe neither do i.

Higher power or not, the bible is still false and written by man, not God.

Man didn't have the knowledge that he has now. And we can use the bible to back this statement up

Funny how we had to change the bible or at least change religion so that it would appear that they are NOT homophobic, racist, murderers. Funny how now slavery is abolished but is still stated in the bible. Funny how women got the right to vote but the bible compares women to a domesticated animal.

Funny how they said the earth was flat, and faught and slandered Gallileo when he suggested it was round, they didn't apologise until 1992.

Denial of science, and then the use of science and the twisting of science to make it fit their theories of God.

Completely unscientific and untrue, completely without doubt; FALSE.

NOTE: Top scientific institutions, over 70% are atheists, some of the remaining few consist of Deists or Agnostics. Funny, none of them buy the nonsense in any of these old texts.

[edit on 3/9/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

And as I stated previously NO ANSWER JUST DIVERSIONS demon TACTICS 101

2ND

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And as I stated previously NO ANSWER JUST DIVERSIONS demon TACTICS 101

2ND

Demon tactics? I'm using support from God. Since your saying using demon tactics for using the Talmud then you believe in demons as well.
www.messiahtruth.com...

link   
I've stop praying for 20 years. Not that I don't have faith. Not that I don't believe in praying. I have other reason. I never stop believing in God. I still believe in some form of revelation although I do not necessary have to take everything being taught by organized religion as truth. It doesn't affect me much because God still exist to me. I could be living as deist but I would never deny God's revelation. Because the kingdom of God is inside me. And so is His revelation.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

SEEMS YOU ASWELL CANNOT ANSWER just try and sound intelligent when the is only knowledgable of your current surroundings. Withering away with 0 answers*YAWNS*

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

-K-
2ND

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

-K-
2ND

It was fun proving you wrong. Seeing you ignore the truth while you rant and rave. Enjoy being blind to life.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Where's your proof that God owns the kingdom, whatever's inside you, can you prove it's God, or is this just the way your brain works?

You see a rainbow and it's like "GOD did that", you see a Tornado and it's like "GOD is punishing us". Sick of hearing about GOd as if God is so obvious, in front of our eyes.

Everything can be just stated as being God, God this, God that, God is inside of me. Blah Blah Blah. Intelligent design is proved wrong by evolution, so religious people just say "God is the cause of evolution" as if they are somehow more knowledgeable than you on the subject.

I'm just going to say a juicy teapot is the creator of the universe, he's inside of me, i know this, i'll pray to it.

Spare me the foolishness.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

-K-
2ND

It was fun proving you wrong. Seeing you ignore the truth while you rant and rave. Enjoy being blind to life.

-K-
2ND

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Religion cannot be proven false , as religion is a manmade institution . There is no denying the existence of 'religion' , as it is everywhere .

The tenets of said religion do not become true just because you or anyone else say they are true .

There , I answered your question .

Now , answer this one : How do you PROVE the tenets of your religion are , in fact , true ? PROVE to me that god and jesus are real .

[edit on 3-9-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

No I see an asteriod and humanity acting like minion and say ok its time OMEGA DID THAT
Or I see the oceans being destroyed and Earth being raped and see the SUn about to clean up and say ok ALPHA DID THAT.

[edit on 9/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

-K-
2ND

-K-
2ND

Read it and weep!
second line.
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Woah!!!! Really?! THat explains everything now. I completely buy your BULL.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Where's your proof that God owns the kingdom, whatever's inside you, can you prove it's God, or is this just the way your brain works?

You see a rainbow and it's like "GOD did that", you see a Tornado and it's like "GOD is punishing us". Sick of hearing about GOd as if God is so obvious, in front of our eyes.

Everything can be just stated as being God, God this, God that, God is inside of me. Blah Blah Blah.

I'm just going to say a juicy teapot is the creator of the universe, he's inside of me, i know this, i'll pray to it.

Spare me the foolishness.

What's for me is for me alone. What's for you, is for you alone. Both our understanding can never be one as long as we don't share the same body and mind. I don't have to prove anything.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Every religion has its scammers pulling scams. This won't cause me to lose my religion. Religions exist, go look at a church. Maybe they are not valid to you but they are not false. There is no such thing as a false religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

As far as I can tell , I have not engaged in any personal attacks or insults on an individual level .

Did I say you instulted an individual? You came with general insults...if you don't remember them...let me refresh your memory.

They will deny the validity of the irrefutable proof .

Fingers in the ears will continue to accompany the la-la-la song .

All while the religious folk wait on a saviour to return to correct the evils that they could have corrected themselves if they had grown some backbone and guts .

Now where I come from...telling people that they have no backboon, no guts, ignore "facts" and basically telling them they are dumb (which is what you are doing)...is an attempt at an insult.

And you got what you wanted...an emotional response because your insult offended someone...bravo...I guess that means there is no God.

Everything I pointed out in my original post is true . Are you refuting any of the points I made , or are you simply here to attack me personally because I don't buy into religion ?

Everying you pointed out was a broad generalization of your OPINION of a group of people...I like to call that a stereotype. So in your mind...your stereotype of people is true...again...congrats. In my opinion, stereotypes are bad whether they are about race, homosexuals, or in your case using them on "relgious folk".

And , childish ? " Childish " is coming into a thread and derailing it because it doesn't set well with your beliefs .

"I" derailed it??? Correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't the OP a question directed to people who have faith in a God and believe in a religion???

I would think your post to come in here and attempt to insult a group of people based off of your stereotype of them is a little more derailing then me calling out your behavior.

Again , the thread is not about debating the validity of religion , if you missed that then you need to go back and read it again .

Maybe you should read it again and quote me where it says in the OP for people to come in here and bash people who do believe in god??? I don't remember seeing that in the OP.

I answered the OPs question in my first post...you don't want to discuss that though...you just want to use your stereotype of "religious folk" to get a few good jabs in there...right??? I guess your posts are so much more contributing to the OP

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Sames goes with me and a Nazi child who has been indoctrinated, I won't understand his crazy thoughts unless i'm in his body, because if i was in his body, i would think the crazy stuff he thinks without questioning: Am i a retard?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join