It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, What happens to you if/when religion is proven false?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What happens is you start posting threads and replying to them on ATS! LOL

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I would actually just like to find out what makes you so combative about my personal beliefs?

Someone substituting the word mystical cloud pixies for angels in a response highlighting why some religious people won't listen to evidence regardless and you calling it an insult.

You are making plenty of assumptions on what I believe, since I have stated nothing besides I have faith in God...from there you jumped to conclusions and made assumptions about me.

Where did I specifically make an assumption of what you believe? All I said is how me being reasonably close minded towards religion is inherently a bad thing and what this "other perspective" is. Those are called questions.

try to create an angry response and turn the discussion into science vs religion

I'm trying to create angry responses...? Isn't that making assumptions about me...? Regardless, the discussion IS science VS religion. Science doesn't want faith, faith doesn't want science. Oh and yes, I'm speaking generally here, as in the pope coming out giving speeches about the big bang, abiogenesis, and evolution wouldn't be too good for his following no? Would they even listen to it in the first place? The majority probably won't. Science coming out and saying something incorporating faith isn't too likely either. A science teacher doesn't say things like "well this is how the cell started and then through some supernatural intervention that we don't need to learn about, it evolved into this cell."

You try to create an environment where you want to frame yourself as an "intellectual" and anyone that believes in God as a backwards illogical fool.

Well, at least you're not making assumptions. God is an unfalsifiable idea. It can not be proven nor refuted. Latching onto such an unfalsifiable idea as it was true, you must admit you have no evidence, is against scientific knowledge about the specific issue and based purely on personal belief. Can you do that? Once you admit that, how can you say me being against such an idea is illogical? It's logical that something such as that is rather illogical in the first place.

just ask the individual WHY they feel the need to do this.

I'd like to think my limited knowledge on subjects can at least make a person possibly rethink their position using science and logic.

why do you attempt to make assumptions about me and attempt to through around words that you think may insult me???

Show me where I made an assumption about you. And if you think highlighting how odd religion is, is someway insulting you, than isn't that a bit of a give away of how outlandish the religion sounds when it's being spoken about by a non believer?

Edit: The only thing I said which can even be remotely labeled as an assumption is me saying that your other post was condescending and how you are the one being victimized here, which is a fact.

Your words:

Nothing I would say would shed any light on it for you...you have made up your mind and closed it to any other perspective.

What is lacking in yourself that you would rather try to insult than discuss this in a civil way???

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

NO ANSWER AS OF YET WITHERING AWAY (HOW IS RELIGION TO BE PROVEN FALSE AND BY WHO TO SAY AGAIN?
)

THE WOUNDS SHALL HEAL THEY ARE ONLY PAPER CUTS AS COMPARED TO AN ENTIRE SPIRITUAL DECAPITATION. Answer please I am growing board with minion unknowns as of now.

[edit on 9/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

NO ANSWER AS OF YET WITHERING AWAY (HOW IS RELIGION TO BE PROVEN FALSE AND BY WHO TO SAY AGAIN?
)

I'm not saying religion is false. You're ignoring my comments just like other Christians do. I have proven to you that Jesus is nothing but false G-D, Messiah and Prophet. Let you ignore the truth. Let's see you whiter away while I see G-D with my people.
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The OP did not start this thread to debate the validity of religion . Go read it again .

As for who has my back ? I'm not afraid of death , so I don't need any backup in that regards .

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Um just sayen a simple question I asked and was given another question wheredadodatat?
ANSWER PLEASE!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

So you divert attention from yourself like KING natas AND STILL WONT ANSWER

2ND

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Um just sayen a simple question I asked and was given another question wheredadodatat?
ANSWER PLEASE!!!

I already answered your pointless question. You just chose to ignore my answer. You need to grow up and see the real world.
www.aish.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If you knew total existance you would not deny the LAMB in a location full of darkness and wrong information. REMEMBER find the LAMB

Can 1 get a simple answer, HOW CAN RELIGION BE DISPROVED AND BY WHO?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If religions were proved to be false in some aspects but i believe the historical is correct and the core faith is in its truest form but the principles most religions it teaches do not teach responsibility and promotes dividing of peoples with altering think basically at the center of it all is an energy we know as God, Yahweh, Allah, Buddha call it what you may he loves us all but the most important thing you can do is personalize your relationship with your higher power and look into yourself for truth because in us all we have a spark from the divine creator so you just need to look with determination and will to know for yourself and make sure to reconnect with mother earth becuase think about it you were born HERE on THIS planet she has given you everything you need for survival and i believe in our soul work forward we are awarded with the oppurtunity to become a solar body and of course it would have a soul and souls love so she loves you and you should love her back. In this world of duality we are currently in we have been given a choice to go either way be it our downfall or ascension it is not our last story but wouldn't it be nice to get it right this time around?

[edit on 9/3/2010 by DivineTeacher]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Tsk tsk , did I touch a nerve ? Is that why you took my post so personal ?

The OP presented a hypothetical scenario , to which I responded .

I'm not here to debate the utter stupidity and ignorance of religion with you so , don't get your shorts in a bunch .

And here is a perfect example of what I was refering to in my other post.

You throw out insults...wait for someone to respond emotionally (because you have insulted their beliefs)...then say "tsk tsk...did I touch a nerve".

It's typical and it is old...and it is a bit childish.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If you knew total existance you would not deny the LAMB in a location full of darkness and wrong information. REMEMBER find the LAMB

What is the lamb? Do you know what the lamb is or isn't? I doubt you do? Seems like another idol made up by the Christians.
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Theres nothing hard to understand about the fact that religion is man made, not God made.

IF, and IF only, God exists, how did humans find out what God is like? Why are all their reports different? (ZEUS, ALLAH, RA, HORUS, THOR etc.)

ITS MAN MADE. I.E NOT THE WORD OF GOD. what's so hard to understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

What is the lamb? Do you know what the lamb is or isn't? I doubt you do? Seems like another idol made up by the Christians.
www.messiahtruth.com...

If 1 cannot even consider the lamb but remains under controll of a snake 1 has lost already.
ANSWER PLEASE

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Theres nothing hard to understand about the fact that religion is man made, not God made.

IF, and IF only, God exists, how did humans find out what God is like? Why are all their reports different? (ZEUS, ALLAH, RA, HORUS, THOR etc.)

But what about them all is the same THEY ARE FIGURES OF A HIGHER POWER THAT CREATES AND DESTROYS ALPHA AND OMEGA. SO do you got the answer I seek?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

www.messiahtruth.com...

If 1 cannot even consider the lamb but remains under controll of a snake 1 has lost already.
ANSWER PLEASE

Now your bringing a snake in the picture? Do you worship a snake as well? Jesus! No wonder someone invented that word! You Christians follow your faith so blindly.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Epicurus

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Very childish indeed my friend. It just shows internally once approached by BRIGHTER LITE they buckle and start trying to punch below the belt. Good point

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

But what about them all is the same THEY ARE FIGURES OF A HIGHER POWER THAT CREATES AND DESTROYS ALPHA AND OMEGA. SO do you got the answer I seek?

It is pointless to argue with someone who does not know their religion.
judaism.about.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

if i had the time travelling device and the worlds religions proven false (only to myself) I'd create one universal religion and profit hugely off the patrons and become a diety myself.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

As far as I can tell , I have not engaged in any personal attacks or insults on an individual level .

Everything I pointed out in my original post is true . Are you refuting any of the points I made , or are you simply here to attack me personally because I don't buy into religion ?

And , childish ? " Childish " is coming into a thread and derailing it because it doesn't set well with your beliefs .

Again , the thread is not about debating the validity of religion , if you missed that then you need to go back and read it again .

[edit on 3-9-2010 by okbmd]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join