It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, What happens to you if/when religion is proven false?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The question has been answered, you just disagree with the implications of living in a Godless, temporal universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What would life be like if there were no God?

Hhhmmm... For one thing, the governments of the world could knock off this silly idea of Human Rights. Afterall, if there isn't a God which granted all of us our rights, then rights become something of a misnomer. What we really are is just a random combining of molecules which seek to continue creating more combinations of molecules.

That being said, why leave this process up to uneducated random chance? We could do a far better job of procreation in a laboratory setting, killing off combinations which produce a weak genetic structure.

In fact, when it comes to the devouring of resources, why keep so many molecular combinations around which only feed on the system? We could certainly do much better by eliminating them wholesale and only keep the cream of the crop.

Now that we have eliminated the dependant molecular combinations, and have taken the responsibility of procreation to a laboratory setting, we can control our own evolution. Silly notions as Love, Joy, Hope, Charity, Faith, all are unnecessary traits in this molecular world. Who needs them? They are afterall, simply random firings in the brain caused by naturally occurring chemical releases. If we just shut them down by the suppression of the electronic firings with chemical suppressants, we could free the mind of the unnecessary illogical processes. This would free our minds of the garbage and produce a more logically driven mainframe.

While we are at it, why not eliminate the false sense of individuality. That too is a hindrance to the process of our evolution. If we strike that from the brain thought process, we could create a single idea of who we are. This would make us infinitely more efficient machines, all working for one collective goal of evolving into One bigger and better collective.

Now that we have perfected the Human machine, lets figure out how to make our mechanical machines more efficient. This way we can shrink our own population down to a more efficient model. Hell, we may just be able to make our machines so efficient that we can shrink down to One person left who controls it all behind one massive mainframe computer. Or, better yet, maybe we won't even need that One.

Life without God.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

In the big picture, a human life may be no more significant than that of a bacterium, but who cares about the big picture?

I think this is where the key difference is. Those of faith are trying to look at the big picture.

Really? Would you rather be dead then? Is it only the fear of Hell that keeps you alive? Sounds a bit pathetic.

I have lived over half a century. Your description of life seems a little harsh to me.

Not really, it's the belief of every Buddhist that life is pain and the ultimate goal is to end existence by reaching Nirvana, a state of non-being and escape from reincarnation. It may be harsh, but it is held by many throughout the world.

If none of you believers can answer my simple question, shouldn't you be drawing a lesson from that?

I think we have answered your question, we just havent done so in as much detail as you would like, or you simply dont like our answer. I don't mean that to be rude, it's just that sometimes when an answer isnt the one a person wants, they dont view it as an answer at all.

I mean, I suppose we could go to the old argument of...

If I live by faith and then die and cease to exist, I was wrong. But I never even became aware that I was wrong because I simply ceased to exist. I cannot regret having been wrong, and I cannot regret having "wasted" my life. Besides, my faith should have lead me to be a better person anyway by helping others and not just myself. If you live by faith and you are right, then you now have blessing of living for eternity.

If I don't have faith and die and then discover I was wrong, then I now have an eternity to regret my decision to reject God, and suffer in the process. If I was right, it's not like it matters cause I don't exist to pat myself on the back and say "Good job."

Now, I'm sure you're way beyond that point, and anyone living by faith simply due to that logic is still very young/weak in their faith and needs to re-evaluate why they believe what they do. But I suppose it was still worth posting.

But anyway, I think you may have answered your own question really. I think the difference very well could be that we are simply trying to look at the big picture. Grant it, we can't see the whole thing but we hope to get glimpses of it from time to time. Now, take the arguments that have been made and consider them as if you were trying to look at the big picture, just to have a different perspective.

Because if I put myself in the perspective of looking only at the small picture, I would become very selfish as I would live for only the here and now and try to please myself and perhaps those closest to me. If I look at the medium sized picture... maybe an 8" by 10"... I can definitely see the value in contributing to my community and making the place a safer and better place to live. I would want to have good relationships and still get as much as I could from the years ahead of me. Depending on whether or not I was enjoying life would probably affect how I viewed death with this perspective. If life was hard and painful, I would probably welcome an end to my pain whenever death came, though I wouldn't necessarily seek it out by means of suicide or something. I would simply be at ease with knowing my pain was going to end and I wouldn't have anything to be troubled by anymore. On the other hand, if I was loving life and getting late into my years, or felt that I still had so much that I needed to do, then I would fear death in the sense that I simply would not want it to end. Every moment I would be consumed with the question of when will I run out of time. What is it that I still wont get to experience? And eventually I might be in the small picture where death is looming and decide that it simply doesnt matter, because tomorrow or next week, I will simply cease to exist.

Just my thoughts. I honestly dont know if there is anything else I can really contribute and I don't know if what I have said has been of any real help at all. Either way, have a good one and God bless!

edit on 13-9-2010 by Mykahel because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What would happen if all religions were proven false? That still does not mean that there is no GOD. I do not believe in that bearded guy sitting on a mountain hurling lightning bolts at bad people. My GOD is bigger than that. If you consider GOD to be the ultimate creator of everything, not just this little planet we live on, but also the energy and power from which all things were made manifest, then I would throw religion away quickly since it now is too small to encompass my GOD. I have read most of the posts and see that some say that anarchy would reign, but if people realized that everything that exists in the universe is just one thing: GOD, and that to mistreat anything is to mistreat yourself, then there would be no anarchy.

quote from the Kolbrin:

"He who preceded all existed alone in His strange abode of uncreated light, which remains ever unextiguishable, and no understandable eye can ever behold The pulsating draughts of the eternal life light in His keeping were not yet loosed. He knew himself alone. He was uncontrasted, unable to manifest in nothingness, for all within his being was unexpressed potential...Eternal rest is intolerable, and unmanifested potential is frustration. Into the solitude of timelessness came Divine Loneliness and arose the desire to create that He might know and express Himself and this generated the LOVE OF GOD. He took thought and brought into being within Himself the Universal Womb of Creation containing the everlasting essence of slumbering spirit. The essence was quickened by a ripple form the mind of GOD and a creative thought was projected. This generated power which produced light and this formed a substance like unto a mist of invisible dust. It divided into two forms of energy though being impregnated with the Spirit of GOD and quickening the choas of the void within the Universal Womb. From this activity, as sparks from a fire, came an infinite variety of spirit minds, each having creative powers within itself.. ."

All that being said, we (the universe) were created so that GOD might experience Himself and all that un-manifest potential. TPTB do not want people realize that we have never been separated from GOD, that we are essentially his sensory organs and that all our experiences enrich the experience of GOD.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

My friend, disproving religion IS disproving God. Religion is just an expression of how one perceives this God. Your disbelief in religion but an acceptance of God, IS a religion. Your own personal religion.

Just a thought.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

I know it's not the topic of the thread, but Christians don't believe in a small god that only created the earth either. We believe in a God that created everything that has ever existed. The entire universe was formed at His command and He spoke matter into existence. He is not the god you described earlier, which reminds me of Zues more than anything, a pagan god that virtually nobody today worships.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Could you show me in which lines of which post it was answered, please?

All I'm seeing is 'without God life is meaningless because it has no eternal significance', over and over again.

To me, life has sufficient meaning, in purely human terms, to satisfy anyone who doesn't nurse delusions of grandeur. I have made myself very clear; you can't pretend you don't understand what I mean. All I'm asking is for you to do as I have done, and make your meaning clear.

reply to post by IAMIAM

Looks like somebody's been posting without reading the thread...

Well, IAMIAM, if you're another who believes we need a God to hold everything together, explain why. No-one else has yet been able to. I suggest you read the thread fully before you post though; we've been talking about it for a while and you don't want to end up repeating what others have said.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Mykahel
Those of faith are trying to look at the big picture.

to me, it looks more like they're trying to make Man look bigger in the picture.

It's the belief of every Buddhist that life is pain and the ultimate goal is to end existence by reaching Nirvana, a state of non-being and escape from reincarnation. It may be harsh, but it is held by many throughout the world.

It does not stop them from being as lustily and inescapably bound up with life as anyone else, believe me. Anyway, Buddhists don't worship a divine creator, and mankind has no special cosmic significance in the Buddhist worldview.

I'm not a Pollyanna. I've had my share of troubles. Of course life is miserable and hopeless; it is also rhapsodic and boundelssly significant. It is, in fact, everything: all adjectives are applicable to life. God makes no difference to that.

I don't mean that to be rude, it's just that sometimes when an answer isnt the one a person wants, they dont view it as an answer at all.

If it has been answered, could you direct me to the specific lines of the post in question?

Originally posted by Mykahel
I mean, I suppose we could go to the old argument of...

Pascal's wager is cowardly, immoral and altogether ignoble.

If there is a God who condemns mortal souls to everlasting punishment for crimes committed during the eyeblink of time that is a human lifespan, that God is cruel and unjust. Keeping on His good side in order just to win through to a peaceful afterlife would be the cosmic equivalent of bootlicking an evil, immoral tyrant in hopes of winning gifts and favour.

Have you read Paradise Lost? Blake said Milton was of the Devil's party without knowing it, but I think it's just that the obvious moral of the Fall story can't help but come through when one meditates upon it in any detail. Try as Milton might, he couldn't help seeing on which side justice really lay.

If I put myself in the perspective of looking only at the small picture, I would become very selfish as I would live for only the here and now and try to please myself and perhaps those closest to me. If I look at the medium sized picture... maybe an 8" by 10"... I can definitely see the value in contributing to my community and making the place a safer and better place to live. I would want to have good relationships and still get as much as I could from the years ahead of me. Depending on whether or not I was enjoying life would probably affect how I viewed death with this perspective. If life was hard and painful, I would probably welcome an end to my pain whenever death came, though I wouldn't necessarily seek it out by means of suicide or something. I would simply be at ease with knowing my pain was going to end and I wouldn't have anything to be troubled by anymore. On the other hand, if I was loving life and getting late into my years, or felt that I still had so much that I needed to do, then I would fear death in the sense that I simply would not want it to end. Every moment I would be consumed with the question of when will I run out of time. What is it that I still wont get to experience? And eventually I might be in the small picture where death is looming and decide that it simply doesnt matter, because tomorrow or next week, I will simply cease to exist.

Beautifully and lucidly explained. What you're saying, Mykahel, is that you would live as men and women, religious or not, have always lived. The strictures and consolations of belief are, in the end, pitifully inadequate. The vessel of faith is a leaky bark; no matter how hard the sailors pray, reality keeps on pouring in. At length the boat sinks and the sailors drown. Their time would have been better spent in learning how to swim.

edit on 14/9/10 by Astyanax because: a pluplenitude of definitiveness.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Looks like somebody's been posting without reading the thread...

Well, IAMIAM, if you're another who believes we need a God to hold everything together, explain why. No-one else has yet been able to. I suggest you read the thread fully before you post though; we've been talking about it for a while and you don't want to end up repeating what others have said.

Cheers.

My apologies my friend, if I repeated someone else's sentiment. Most threads I read all the way through. On thread which pose a direct question from the start, I prefer to answer directly fro the heart without reading the other posts. This assures that my reply is untainted by others thoughts. If you see repeat in theme, consider it a consensus.

Now as far as proving God does not exist, it is impossible. At least proving God as I see it anyway. In my view God is existence. It is Everything. All we perceive are the individual parts. We have not the eyes, the technology to see it all for its magnificent splendor. So, to prove God does not exist, would be to prove that existence is non-existent as well. Hopefully you can see how silly it would be to try to prove you don't exist while existing.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Here is an illustration from my early childhood that I just remembered and I think would be an appropriate metaphor for the issue of doing things that have eternal significance (I'll explain what some of those things are in a moment).

When I was little, whenever I got money from a birthday card or allowance I would usually end up going to a toy store or something, There were two things that I would always consider buying, an action figure or candy. I really, really liked Reeses, but I also knew that after spending my money on it and eating it, it would simply be gone and I would no longer experience any good from it. An action figure on the other hand I could play with for as long as my heart desired. It had no limit to the amount of fun I could have.

Simple analogy, but I think it fits. As to those things that have eternal significance, they aren't anything abnormal or unheard of. I'm a firm believer that when we come to God's new creation we will not instantly becomne aware of all knowledge. We will still know the same amount that we do now, but we will have an eternity to keep learning. I believe that we will keep the relationships, the friendships that we build now when we enter into Heaven (New Earth, Paradise, etc). We will have new bodies, so the condition of this physical body does not matter TOO much, but at the same time I do not want to be unable to work and be active during this life time. I also believe that we were created in God's image and so it is also out of respect and honor that we are supposed to keep ourselves at least somewhat fit and healthy.

Perhaps to say that anything done now without the reality of eternity is meaningless is a bit of an overstatement. Eating a Reese Cup would have still brought me joy, and would have had meaning for that moment. But as soon as those moments were over, I have nothing. I can think back to when I was experiencing joy or happiness, but that will either make me pursue that same joy, which I may or may not be able to achieve, or I will simply become depressed that my current state is not as good as it was before.

You're right. If I didn't believe in an eternity I would likely live like many others today currently do as described by my earlier post. But it is still so much more fulfilling to believe that our awareness and relationships do not have to end. And when you believe that, the things that will end seem to become a lot less meaningful. I know we may not have adequately answered your question, but can I ask you something similar?

If you believed that we did live on for an eternity, and that your knowledge and your relationship with God and with other people were the only things that made it past this life, how would you view everything else?

Anyway, I think I'm just kinda blabbing on now. I have a tendency to do that. Have a good one and I'll check back later.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Here is an illustration from my early childhood that... would be an appropriate metaphor for the issue of doing things that have eternal significance...

I guess the explanation wasn't in any of the earlier posts on the thread, then. I didn't think it was.

Simple analogy, but I think it fits.

Proceeding by analogy is a favoured technique in apolgetics and exegesis, but it cuts no empirical ice, I'm afraid. Of course we are taught to privilege lasting benefits over transitory pleasures--though in practice it seems to me that we choose the latter far more often than we do the former. However, this is nothing to the point, because no lasting benefit to myself can outlive me. The analogy is not applicable to the case.

If you believed that we did live on for an eternity, and that your knowledge and your relationship with God and with other people were the only things that made it past this life, how would you view everything else?

It would depend greatly on how I felt about God. If I thought Him worthy of my love and respect I should be a very happy man. Unfortunately, the Problem of Evil makes it impossible that God, if He existed, should be worthy of anybody's respect; rather, He would deserve universal opprobrium and condemnation. So the truth is that I should be devastated, appalled, angry and, of course, damned.

Either that or would figure that I had forever to set things right between God and myself, and carry on as usual.

Oh, well, I suppose my question will have to remain unanswered for the duration. But thank you, Mykahel. Your courtesy, patience, sang-froid and easy sociability are an example to us all. It has been a pleasure discussing this with you.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Oh, well, I suppose my question will have to remain unanswered for the duration. But thank you, Mykahel. Your courtesy, patience, sang-froid and easy sociability are an example to us all. It has been a pleasure discussing this with you.

Same to you. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful about it. Have a good one and God Bless!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I don't think it's a case of nessasarily proving religion wrong. For example, do we have to prove Zeus wrong? (Unless you're a Christian, you have to deny every other God but your own) It seems many MAN-MADE religions of the past have since died out. There depictions of God are no longer worshipped or considered realistic, they have dissolved. Perhaps due to lack of evidence, perhaps due to more appealing religions coming along.

Just remember this, man has always made religion, God has never made religion as God has never been proved or been evident.

That's not to say that God doesn't exist, but simply relying on faith for your submission to any theory of God, whether it be Thor, the God of thunder, or Mars, the God of War, every theory has been completely and utterly made up, Thor being a personification of Weather phenomenons in some cases.

I just hope for the day we emabrace TRUTH rather than FAITH, that we embrace the scientific age that so many have tried to stop with their pseudo philosophy and pseudo-science.

Look up Ken Hovind if you want examples of the above. Truely a horrible example of a human.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Just remember this, man has always made religion, God has never made religion as God has never been proved or been evident.

God has never made religion because God gave Man free will.

A man once asked me if God is Almighty, can he create a rock that even he could not lift.

I replied, he already did. That rock is our free will. He created it, and he cannot lift it out of love. It is up to US to lift it.

Every man has the right by his free will to know God. He also has a right to not know God. No man has a right to another's Free will. With this simple understanding, we can find God in our own way and live in peace.

Judge not, love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have no God and i feel just as empowered in my life, if not more. Do i need an ancient book to guide me in morality? No. Do i need an ancient book to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside? No

You see you just loosely use the word God, it means nothing without evidence to me. We have free will, you assume that some entity has given us free will, i believe every life form evolves to have free-will unless of course bound to a God where that free-will is stripped from you, you are forced or falsley made to believe in a supreme universal dictator with set rules and complete submission, that's not free will.

If God does exist, and any of the man-made religions are true, i still hate him, i still think it's garbage that should be forgotten.

Does my lack of belief in a God mean i expect people to have no morals, kill and cheat as they like? No. That is not respected in any society, infact compassion and salvation as often been evolutionary traits which have helped man progress and work together to where they are today.

Always think critically, demand evidence for for any belief, be cautious and skeptical until the nessasary evidence has been provided.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Mykahel

I don't think it's a case of nessasarily proving religion wrong. For example, do we have to prove Zeus wrong? (Unless you're a Christian, you have to deny every other God but your own) It seems many MAN-MADE religions of the past have since died out. There depictions of God are no longer worshipped or considered realistic, they have dissolved. Perhaps due to lack of evidence, perhaps due to more appealing religions coming along.

Good point. The Jews of the time that Jesus has walked the earth said the same thing about Christianity, because their time was a time when many religions were springing up and were accepting of new, open religions. Christianity is the odd-ball because it claimed exclusivity when the others said all gods and religions were valid. I submit to you:

Acts 5:38-40 (New International Version)

38Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

40His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

Scriptures says that God is evident in all of creation. I can't help but believe that there is a God by looking at the complexity and beauty of Earth and its inhabitants.

That's not to say that God doesn't exist, but simply relying on faith for your submission to any theory of God, whether it be Thor, the God of thunder, or Mars, the God of War, every theory has been completely and utterly made up, Thor being a personification of Weather phenomenons in some cases.

It can only be an opinion that it was utterly made up and that it is only man's theories. If the Old and New Testaments are actual recorded history, they are far from simply being man's theories because they record the very actions of God, not just peoples' opinions of him. If it is historical truth and Jesus is the Son of God, then it records God, what He is like and what He did.

I just hope for the day we emabrace TRUTH rather than FAITH, that we embrace the scientific age that so many have tried to stop with their pseudo philosophy and pseudo-science.

I hope people embrace truth as well, but I don't believe they will do it via science. Science, while it has had its successes, has shown time and time again that all it takes to prove it wrong is more time. How many medicines have harmed or killed people as a result of faulty science? What about the conflicting reports over the decades of us entering another ice age, then increasing temperatures, then ice age, etc. Science is only as perfect as the people doing it. That, and there are things that science bases theory on that it can in no way actually test or prove. Science cannot travel back and observe the creation of the universe and nor can it create another universe, yet they claim theories as accepted truth regarding a subject that they cannot scientifically test at all.

Science often requires just as much if not more faith than religion. And this faith is a faith put in fallible man and not in an Almighty God.

Love the avatar btw.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Mykahel because: Addition clarification in a response

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Always think critically, demand evidence for for any belief, be cautious and skeptical until the nessasary evidence has been provided.

My friend,

Please do not mistake me for someone who is here to convert you. I am not. I accept you for your belief, even if it is YOU who are God in your own mind. I am not Christian, Muslim, or any other sect. My doctrine is my own. So, I can respect yours for being your own. I do enjoy getting to know the beliefs of others, so I am here to share.

That being said,

If there is no God, explain the perfect order of the Universe. Everything is arranged in such precise order that every movement is calculable. This defies randomness. If random occurrence existed, electrons would have no set pattern, they would collide in their orbits. Molecular bonds would cease to exist. Man finds these patterns of movement, then we name them "Laws" and slap the founders name on them. But, these "Laws" do not exist because Man said so, something else had to do the arranging. That something else, is what I call God. So, what is your explanation of this perfect arranging?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Science often requires just as much if not more faith than religion. And this faith is a faith put in fallible man and not in an Almighty God.

You're kidding, right?

You say that science requrires just as much faith if not more than religion???? Firstly, "ALMIGHTY GOD" has never been proved. And mans conviction of science relies on empirical data.

Yes science often sometimes get it wrong, but it rejoices and updates when new data has be provided showing why a particular theory or concept is wrong.

Science also has the conviction of mathematics and logic.

Religion is intellectually bankrupt, You have to accept rather than question.

Again, prove to me the undeniable existence of a higher power at work in the universe and i will happily cease to be an Atheist. God will become scientific, there will be evidence to prove his or it or her's existence.

Catch you later bro, always fun listening to what you have to say.

Thanks for the comment on the avatar too.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

Nope. :-)

Religion is intellectually bankrupt, You have to accept rather than question.

There are quite a few intellectuals that contribute to society and are not afraid to accept the reality of God as well. I mean, There have been somewhere around 150 Jews to receive the Nobel Prize, something most would consider an intellectual achievement. Faith also allows you to question. I have questioned much about it and sought answers to those questions. I questioned the validity of the very foundation of Christianity because of the gnostic and Hellenistic influences of the 1st century, but the Christian faith not only survived when the other religions fell, but it did so being the unique faith that wasn't all-inclusive. Questioning my faith has only made it stronger, even if for a while I had doubts.

Again, prove to me the undeniable existence of a higher power at work in the universe and i will happily cease to be an Atheist. God will become scientific, there will be evidence to prove his or it or her's existence.

Can't prove it to you, and I don't think anyone can. People didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah even as he stood before them and did miracles. Also, in Luke 16 Jesus emphasizes the very point that even miracles will not convince a person of the truth of the message if their hearts are turned against it (great illustration of Hades as well, not Hell as many falsely teach). Also, I believe there is plenty of evidence to point you to making the decision, as was mentioned by IAMIAM earlier. Simply looking at how the earth is tilted perfectly to allow for the seasons, how the Gravitational pull of the Sun and every other object in space is so perfectly balanced that we don't fly into the Sun or out away from it. That the Earth has a magnetic field that protects us from solar flares that could potentially just burn the earth and everything on it to a crisp. That the Sun is exactly the size and heat that it needs to be in order to sustain life on Earth. There's too much for me to base it on chance because science says so, especially when they are unable to prove their position either.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My friend,

Science IS my proof of God. The mathematics you speak of is merely the language by which we understand his Magnificence, the Logic you speak of is merely the method by which we deduce HIS truth.

Example:

E=IR Ohm's Law

No Ohm only found the Law. God put the Law in place.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Logically, you cannot expect behavior out of another, that you are unwilling to grant to them.

God's Law.

Now you can by all means declare that these things do not belong to something greater than yourself. You have every right to do so. What you do not have the right to do is take away my right to attribute them to something higher than myself. You have your free will, and I have mine.

Personally, enjoy sharing each others perspective much more than trying to prove or disprove each others perspective. Simply because it cannot be done. You have your own eyes to see and mind to comprehend, and I have mine.

Judge Not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are really foolish, i'm sorry. if science was God, the majority of scientists would believe in ancient dogmatic religion and have faith in a supreme overlord of the universe.

Thankfully, the majority of scientists are Atheists or Agnostics.

It's as simple as this, provide the scientists with undeniable evidence of a higher power, and we will grant you your God preachings.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join