It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshippers 'trapped' after Leicester temple explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Worshippers 'trapped' after Leicester temple explosion

www.24dash.com

Worshippers were believed to be trapped inside a blazing Hare Krishna temple after an explosion today, the fire and rescue service said.

A third of the building in Leicester was destroyed by the blast, the cause of which has not yet been established.

Firefighters were battling the flames and search and rescue dogs were requested to help find anyone in the rubble, Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
news.sky.com

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is breaking. The building is still ablaze and fire crews are battling to get to those inside.

An unconfirmed report on radio just said an Massive Explosion was heard.

It seems that near all the building was destroyed. I certainly hope this is not the sign of any sectarian religious, motivated attack and just a tragic Accident.

The size of the blast though seems pretty large, and the fact people were inside at the time would make me think it couldnt be gas as the smell would be obvious.

The area has had many racial and religious problems in the past decades.

Wishing those involved are safely rescued.

www.24dash.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My heart goes out to those poor souls trapped inside.

I hope foul-play wasn't the cause...

Keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maxmars I wish those well to, there are few more peaceful people than those of the Khrishna Organisation,

Not much is reported yet but from Leicester:

Crews were called out at 2.40pm by members of the public who reported hearing an explosion and seeing a fire at a temple in Thoresby Street, in Evington.

This is Leicester

also

A third of the building was destroyed by the explosion and smoke could be seen billowing into the sky from the charred building.

Its burnt out shell could be seen from the roadside, with the flames still burning, as firefighters worked outside.
Daily Mail

It certainly seems from the reports that most of the building is totally destroyed and in rubble.

Elf

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My prayers are with them as well.

On a lighter note, hopefully it isn't too off-color. I recently had the privilege of eating a "karma free" meal where nothing had to die in the making of the meal. No meats, no roots, etc. It was prepared by a Hare Krishna temple.

Now, after eating that meal, I can attest that a large group of people eating that food around candles, could be an explosive combination!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
CNN spent all of 30 seconds on reporting it. No images nothing.

IRM

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
CNN spent all of 30 seconds on reporting it. No images nothing.

IRM

Nothing much in the UK either, when I posted this first report was 6 mins old, on sky and BBC news in the UK is on the breaking news banner, but nothing else no reports or in depth discussion.

The building though is apparently still on fire according to ticker.

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit to add there is now video and an report available on sky to be found here:

Video Images of Temple Explosion

[edit on 3-9-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
just saw this on the news at 10 in the uk on the bbc

seams the temple was evacuated seconds before the explosion, with only a few people suffering very minor injuries

hmmm maybe i'll start looking into this faith more closely

[edit on 3-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
why? The Hare Krishnas occasionally annoy airport patrons ,but in terms of annoying religions they way down at the bottom of my list anyway.

this is awful ,poor poor Hare Krishnas

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No terrorism here peeps. Seems it is suspected that the explosion was caused by gas cylinders used for cooking.

Quite mundane and dull as it turns out.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
And here i was thinking it was all that methane being produced by those vegetarians.

(second line :because the preview post lies about how big your post is)

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hello Stu how are you?

I am pleased it turned out as it did, I heard one the people saved the others got them out in time, so not quite so Mundane as in lives have been saved.

Anyhow definately not breaking news now, so MODS do as you will.

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

join