It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Rising.... New Republican ad ... A MUST WATCH!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is just another political propoganda piece. Left or Right is just a complete sham, and it is pointed, deliberate hogwash like this that really gets me going. Both the left and right use this sort of garbage to incite emotional responses, hoping it carries over into the voting booth.

I don't buy it, and even if it was made by the Democratics party, I wouldn't buy into it. We need to look past the (R) or (D) and find real leadership. All in all, that means we are screwed.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The video launches with the false premise that "we" (the right-wingers?) gave "them" (the left-wingers?) power. I don't think so.

The right-wingers have made it their goal to prevent Obama from accomplishing anything which the American public might view as positive. That's no secret. The right-wing daily pre-scripted talking heads such as Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, Engles, and the rest of that disgusting crowd have proclaimed this goal from their gigawatt broadcasting stations. The right-wingers have been quite successful in this. They won't propose anything positive for fear that the Obama administration and democrats might get the credit. So, the goal seems to be to trash the country for 4 years in the hope that they can regain their coveted "power".

The video says, among other things:

"We're broke"
"Backroom deals"
"Payoffs"
"Bribes"
and calls it "Shameless"

These labels apply mosy aptly to the Bush years.

Where was the voice of these people during the eight years preceding Obama!

Their silence and vocal support for what the administration and repubs, and their collective overlords did, which many of the dems approved, is what is most shameful and, yes, they are shameless about it.

Lying videos such as this are a shameless outrage.

If the MSM ever begins to report truth about the fundamentals that matter, we might begin to see positive change. For now it looks hopeless.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

big whip same coin two(partys) sides.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Great video except for one thing. It should have included the republicans to. Anybody who thinks we have a two party system in America, is in denial, or is blind to the truth. If we vote the dems out and the reps in, it will just be more of the same. They are all up there in DC filling their pockets and looking out for themselves and the banks and the corporations. And this is how its going to be until people get their noses out of the tv and wake the f--k up to what is really going on. But I don't see that happening anytime soon, although I sure wish it would. I have a suggestion, why don't we all vote independant and see what happens. I don't see how it could possibly get any worse. The last good president got his head blowed off in Dallas, he was trying to do some good. Look at what we've had since then, same'ol same'ol, year after year. What we've got now is running this country in the ground. If people don't wake up soon there is'nt going to be anything left.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Well that was one of the most dishonest disgusting pieces of blatant propaganda I've ever seen!
It was the damn Republicans that sold this country out under the Bush administration that caused this mess in the first place! Under Clinton we prospered, Bush destroyed that to make the rich richer, he LOOTED the country. TARP was Bush's plan.
So we further deregulate ( because we know Wall Street and corporate America is so patriotic), and let them finish their theft? Yeah great idea.
The very style of this thing shows the contempt they have for Americans. They think this propaganda will disguise their crimes.
Jezzuz H!!! Will we nEVER LEARN!

I've read every post you made on this thread. It's funny how you defend Obama like he actually cares about you. He is a crook just like the rest of them, on both sides of the aisle. You will defend him 'til your last dying breath, as he LOOTS the country. BTW, your buddy Clinton is the main reason we are having the housing crisis today. Get your facts straight before you start lecturing everybody on the forum. Keep fighting the good fight. Lol

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Is it just me, or are these people some of the biggest jerks alive?

They should be laughed at and their whole circus is incredibly pathetic.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I enjoy watching all these politcal ads.
It's sort of like watching the Miss America pageant.
If I critique the ads correctly and keep a close eye on my home scorecard,
I can often predict which contestants Diebold has been told will win.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

a few thoughts:

1.) I agree with the video. The democrats have really screwed things up, and everyone, democrat & republican alike, needs to GO!

2.) I find it laughable that people think republicans would do any differently after the utter and immature complete horse crap we've seen from them over these last few years.

3.) This "video" looks like Rush Limbaugh made it with windows movie maker and an out of date version of limewire for the background music and posted it on his anonymous account on youtube.

Democrats suck. Yes. But no more so than any republican.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Debate it? You care to respond to my response first? I pointed out the lies. In the same post that you are quoting from. Which was a response to your earlier insinuation that the bailouts were a Democratic plan. I provided evidence from a reputable newspaper. From the time period referenced. You should learn the fundamentals of debate before you challenge me to one. An unanswered assertion is a won point in the art of debate. I've already won. But I'm an honest and experienced debater, you clearly are not either. Therefore, no, I don't care to debate with you.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
yea that's so effective after 8 year of as*raping from Bush and the boys....
gimmie a break-start at the neck.....

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by wayno
Somehow that reminded me of Nazi style hyper propaganda.

You mean like those videos we all saw of the little school kids being made to sings songs in support of obama? Just like hitler made the kids do 60 years ago?

That's the really creepy thing. This video is about adults, not indoctrinating children.

You mean like having children prey to a cardboard idol?

"foorrr waddda waddaa dobaa sheikk oh waaabanum"

MY Response to This

Speaking of Talking Tongues lol !
and Mind Corruption is

ok Watch This Clips of a Documovie Called Marjoe ...

Marjoe exposed the Evangelist Business ...
and what Political Party Elite Embraced this Business ?
is it any wonder ?

The Video Above is some what like its Below Cardboard Idol of a Man that is still living isn't it like that statues of Saddam i Iraq or Kim Jong in North Korea ? Idol Worship to Some that is Still Living ? well The Statues of Saddam was Standing up way before the Invasion of Iraq

Lying Evangelist Exposed!

Iraqi Who Began Saddam Statue Topple: "I Regret It"

(Statue of Kim Jong Ill Like he's some dammed Abraham Lincoln)
Mt. Myohyang and the International Friendship Exhibition
axisofeviltour.com...

That Cardboard OF Bush Worship Gave me the Creeps
the Little Woman at Some JESUS CAMP with the Mike reminded me of
JIM JONES and His Peoples TEMPLE AHH GOOD LORD

JONESTOWN: THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PEOPLES TEMPLE - Trailer

you want to see something creepy goto the 46 sec mark and listen to what this Mass Muderer said ! and those that heard what he has done ...
Now That is Creepy for Sure....

I Rather See Jerrys I Mean Barrys KIDs Tho...

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Well that was one of the most dishonest disgusting pieces of blatant propaganda I've ever seen!
It was the damn Republicans that sold this country out under the Bush administration that caused this mess in the first place! Under Clinton we prospered, Bush destroyed that to make the rich richer, he LOOTED the country. TARP was Bush's plan.
So we further deregulate ( because we know Wall Street and corporate America is so patriotic), and let them finish their theft? Yeah great idea.
The very style of this thing shows the contempt they have for Americans. They think this propaganda will disguise their crimes.
Jezzuz H!!! Will we nEVER LEARN!

In what way( s ), specifically, was the ad dishonest? And how do you see it as propaganda?

I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, but i do watch what's going on and i do vote.

Under Clinton we prospered? Well, not really, and certainly not during his first 2 years. We just didn't go quite as far into debt during the Clinton Administration, but i think there is a huge difference between "prospering" and "accruing less debt," don't you? And it must be remembered that it is not the PRESIDENT who votes, it is Congress ... and Clinton had a Republican majority Congress (House AND Senate) for 6 of his 8 years. The last 6 of his 8 years, in fact; the very years during which U.S. debt accumulated more slowly. And, there was no surplus under Clinton, though i realize that gets bandied about a lot. There was just slightly less accruing debt ... but that was due to the fiscally conservative (Republican) Congress.

And Bush? Yes, TARP was Bush's baby but if you'll recall, he pulled both Obama and McCain in from the campaign trail for that one and BOTH of them approved it. So, in that sense, while it WAS Bush who came up with that one, he had the full approval of each of those who might be the next President. But who voted it in? The Democratic controlled Congress, that's who. When did the economy first tank under Bush? 2008?

Yes, our deficit increased to horrific levels during the Bush administration, but that deficit has tripled in only 18 months in the current administration.

If you'll look here: uspolitics.about.com... you can easily see which Party has held the majority in Congress since 1945. It's an easy step from there to determine when massive government spending (especially that resulting in debt) happened and which of the two parties held the voting majority when it happened.

You can also easily see that the Democrats held the majority for TWENTY-TWO of those 33 sessions, Republicans held the majority for 6 of them and the remaining 5 sessions had the control split between the parties.

So. Where does that leave us? Clearly, it leaves us with the Democrats holding the majority in Congress during the period in our history where the U.S. just couldn't seem to stay out of debt.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Powerful video.

But, even if I knew then, what I know now, I still would have voted against John McCain. And I'll re-elect Obama over Palin or any other neo-con puppet.

Gimme a REAL Republican and we'll talk. But, there's very few in Washington. And absolutely NONE that would get the GOP's nod for POTUS. This video is just more red v blue rhetoric and I'm still not falling for the BS.

I'm talking CONSERVATIVE Foreign Policy. You try to gimme some puppet NeoCon and I'll strike yet another vote in the big fat Blue column.

If the Republicans are ever going to lift their stiff bones from out of the ashes, they're going to have to get real with America again. Stop pushing jobs overseas. Stop nation building other countries if you want to save taxpayer's money. Get some REAL politics and policies.

People wonder why they're broke. We've got Dems and Reps pushing the same pencils when it comes to where our money goes. Then they want to meet-up on television and argue about how they differ on the topic of abortion or gun control. What a load of crap.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
From 2006 - 2008 there were 49 Democrats, 49 Republicans and 2 Independents. It's the Senate that has to approve any major legislation, regardless of whether it passes in the lower house.

True, but the two Independents were Lieberman and Sanders, both self-described Democrats and both caucusing with the Democrats. Soooooo, that gave them 51 votes, being the majority.

TARP was a wholly Republican bill...

H.R. 1424: Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 sponsored by Patrick Kennedy D-RI and had 40 Republican co-sponsors and 234 Democrat co-sponsors. I wouldn't call that a "wholly Republican bill."
Source: www.govtrack.us...

Regardless, I believe you mistook my post as a defense of Republicans and an attempt to hold them blameless in the debacle known as TARP. That could not be farther from the truth. And, as an aside, I did not mark my November 2008 ballot for a single Republican or Democrat. I am done with the lot of them.

edit: Out of interest I tallied up the House vote on TARP. 95 Democrats voted against (40.5%) versus 65 Republicans voting against (33%). The TARP bill was defeated by the Democrat controlled House of Representatives.

Again, using my previously cited source, H.R. 1424: Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, did pass the Democratic controlled House by a vote of 263-171. Of course, it was after the first version (HR3997) failed, only to be re-written by the previously mentioned sponsor and co-sponsors. By the way, the votes were 172 Dem and 91 Rep yeas, 63 Dem and 108 Rep nays.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
Bush's plan pure and simple:
from the wall street journal--

"WASHINGTON -- Upending the government's relationship with the financial sector, the Bush administration outlined a plan Tuesday to prop up banks by injecting $250 billion into U.S. financial institutions, including nine of the nation's largest banks, and to guarantee new debt issues and deposit accounts used by businesses."

I noticed you failed to provide a link to the source for your excerpt, so I'll take care of that for you now. online.wsj.com...
It is dated October 15, 2008 and related to the press conference held on Tuesday, Oct 14. Which, was 11 days after the House passed the bill, allowing the "plan" to manifest. For more on that, see my previous post in reply to mythatsabigprobe.

Don't you remember? That it encountered no resistance from Democrats is a testament for the scare tactics employed at the time. Remember the "prevent another great depression" talk? Also a testament to the Democrats spineless, political motivations, and perhaps even their complicity in the whole mess. I have no problem with that interpretation.

Actually, as I evidenced above, the majority of House Republicans voted against the final version of the bill, which the Democrats had re-written, whether it was due to fear being instilled within them or whatever.

I will concur with your assertion that the Democrats are "spineless" with "political motivations" as their sole motivation. However, I would add that the Republicans can also be so described. A prime example is John McCain, who is incapable of even attempting to disguise his pandering, in the illegal immigration issue.

So, that is the only "lie" you specifically pointed out and your claim has been been disproven. Since you used the plural form of "lie", would you care to try another, because that one was just too easy.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Not so. That particular lie in the video puts the blame upon the Obama administration for the TARP plan when he hadn't even been elected yet. The video adds to the mistaken notion that the plan was his. A widely held misconception:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Further evidence of the Bush administration's ownership of this plan, his own words:
blogs.wsj.com...
While congress did in fact approve the 700 billion to fund this plan, the plan was the administration's. In concert with the G-7, and administered by the Treasury. The money was appropriated before, not after the plan was decided upon.
The video (coming from a Republican viewpoint) also lays direct blame not merely on Democrats but on the Obama administration specifically ("We voted for change", his logo, etc.) not only for TARP, but the other bailouts as well. Didn't I mention Fanny and Freddie and AIG? That would be two more lies.
Lie number four: No more taxes.
Lie number five: No more spending.
A couple of really bad lies, I'll concede that. Nobody is buying those.
The implication that Democrats exclusively engage in "back-room deals, payoffs, blatant and shameless bribes." That could fairly be characterized a lie. That makes six.
I would venture to assert that the makers of the video DID NOT vote for Obama, so the whole thing starts with what amount to lies, "We voted for hope. We voted for change." alternating with pictures of Obama. Lie number seven.
I think that makes for a "lie-filled sack of garbage."

edit to add: I am in no way an Obama supporter or apologist. I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries and Ralph Nader (for the third consecutive time) in the general. But lies and propaganda are offensive to any thinking people, and undermine genuine criticism and honest debate.They muddy the waters and lower the level of discourse. Polarize and obfuscate. And make me sick.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by joechip]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

There you go bringing facts into the argument.

But the progressive Dem backers will say but the progressive (neocon) Repubs did it.

Then the progressive Repubs will say the Dems did it.

Did you see the BLATANT dishonesty by the Dem backers in the thread?

Almost funny if they were not so dad.

Oh well, I no longer consent to be governed by this government. They do not have my consent to take my labor or property.

Let the black market flourish as they did during the USSR. Now they shall flourish in the USSA.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

So you will vote for a progressive Dem to spite the progressive Repubs?

How bout voting third party to spite both progressive candidates?

No? Typical, and the road to destruction gets another driver.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

What i see more than anything is far too much intentional ignorance among those who support a political Party **because** it's a political Party. We are a Country suffused with those who are not just 'content,' but are actually happy to remain ignorant.

I cannot understand the masses who will take the word of any political pundit rather than research the truth for themselves.

Rather than interrupt a moment of their time to look for TRUTH, it seems that most of my fellow citizens would rather watch 'Dancing with the Stars,' play video games or waste their time on those God-forsaken "social" websites.

They are deserving of what they get because it is what they are choosing. When it all finally and fully collapses (and it will), i will be hard-pressed not to strike the first person i hear whining 'But how did this happen?"

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

What about Alan West?

Would you consider voting for Alan West if he were to run for President on the Republican ticket? What if he were to run on the Independent ticket?

Why or why not?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join