It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial Killers and Sleeper Cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Greetings to all! I have been wanting to write this up for awhile now, but have not had the chance to, so here goes..
I have always had a great interest in general psychology, how the human mind works facinates me. To my knowledge (and please do correct me if i have missed something on this) Man is the only species of our beautiful planet that kill their own kind, animals and the Earth for greed, bravado, entertainment, and other inexcusable 'reasons'..while all other creatures kill for food or in self defense (survival) only. Humans are a very unpredictable species, while being oh so predictable in other ways. So eventually i delved into Criminal Psychology..read everything i could find on serial killers and mass murderers in books and online, the wealth of information became somewhat addicting really..
Serial killers have always been a part of our known history, it is not a recent occurance or modern problem, but the term itself is said to have been coined by FBI agent Robert Ressler: www.trutv.com... - in the early part of the 1970s. Though other reports say the term 'serial murderer' can be traced back to 1961 where in a Merriam-Websters 3rd International Dictionary in the context of : "He denies that he is the pursued serial murderer"
www.docstoc.com...
Through the past decades we have all heard of the big names: Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson (though i dont personally see him as a killer)! Bundy, Gacy, Gein, Albert Fish, the Zodiac Killer and so on..but of course we only know a lot of the ones who have been caught- the exceptions being Jack the Ripper, Zodiac and the Ax Man of New Orleans to name a few- but goodness knows how many others are out there who havent been found out or caught, and those who have the potential to become a serial killer but have yet to start their career. And thats kind of the point to this thread..I have heard a lot about Government 'sleeper cells' but not a great deal of information out about the possibility that serial killers and mass murderers www.mass-murderers.com... are these sleeper cells..Many hear voices that tell them to do things they wouldnt do normally, many have been involved in various militaries, or have obsessive views of government and military both..Often stories of the killers lives involve extreme abuse in childhood, psychological, physical, and/or sexual abuse www.edubook.com... which is often used as the behind the scenes motivation for their crimes later in life. I am not saying that such an upbringing doesnt contribute, but there's got to be more to it. Some serial killers have even been children themselves such as Mary Bell- www.timmonet.co.uk... and Jesse Pomroy- www.users.on.net... Which could be a tell tale sign that some humans are just born 'evil' but with others its both in them from the start of life it seems, and also learned behaviours combined that lead to a person just snapping one day, to go over that edge. Where i have come to believe Thomas Hamilton was used to ban guns in the UK en.wikipedia.org... .. I would really love to hear from fellow ATS members on this, and any information i most likely missed! But what do you think? is it just the human mind being unpredictable or do the PTB have a hand in creating these monsters? Or a nasty mixture of both?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm going to go with a nasty mixture of both.

I don't believe people are all good or evil I think each of us has certain tendencies and instincts. Some people hunt kill, and gut animals and eat them while others would never touch meat, still others only eat meat because they don't have to kill it themselves. Certain people can have drug addicts for parents and be straight laced while some become drug addicts. Its hard to say what's in peoples hearts.

Most people don't even know themselves so half of its programming at, least.

join