It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Website Has Changed....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The huge text size on the drop down menus is a bit fisher price but apart from that minor niggle, the website looks very professional and finally has the look to go with its standing as a major player online...

Great work and kudos to the management

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The menu reacts a lot faster. It's just so freaking huge and bright. You can see it from space. I think it's burning my retinas.

I don't really like the large style either....

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Vastly preferred the old layout, but oh well guess i will have to get used to this monstrosity.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I don't really like the large style either....

I ended up disabling the js for the god-awful eye-raping bar with ABP. You can still access just about everything from the options at the bottom of the page and get around well enough.

I also killed the bright flower-child backgrounds.

This redesign seems to function much faster and cleaner but why did those plus' have to come along with fugly eye-raping colors and goofy sizing?

Too much to ask for optional style sheets to make my browsing less physically painful?

Until then it's ABP on everything.

If I could see links to posted images and videos in the mobile mode I'd never use regular mode.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Profiles? They're still there. In all your posts, you can either click on your username above your avatar, or you can click on the button that says "profile" at the bottom of your post. You can get to other members' profiles the same way.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Constructive Criticism for ATS/BTS

Sorry if I missed this, but if I open a post on BTS through MY ATS, I am logged out, and can not see avatars. However, I can't log in to BTS.

Also here is yet another vote to shrink the blue bar for the drop down, and I would prefer charcoal or brown over the bright blue. Yea it goes with the CIA backdrop blue, but looks like bling....er...uh....scat.

To the site designers, If you want to know what users think, you would ask. If you don't wanna know, don't read the following.

1) I don't need peoples photos on any page. No conspiracy chicks, no presidents, no dead guys. If you must hack in a face, let it be some hot chick, or a Grey, otherwise I'm sure you could get more posts on each screen, which would add to the sites functionality.

2) Good board performance should be placed ahead of the Mods dream list of features and looks.

3) Here is where the site goes super goof-ball IMHO: If someone posts something slightly off topic, the mods trash it to BTS. You might as well delete the post. No more flags, no Avatars, and no respect. I would like to slap the crap out of the staff when I see this. If you don't like my opinion, let it be known that I don't like what you are doing.
If BTS is a different website, don't move ATS posts to it, and don't direct me to it. Just trash it if you don't want it on the ATS dream site.

4) I would prefer a slightly more adult oriented site. That mean less moderation. I don't mean adult from a sexual point of view, but in frankness and honesty. You have some serious nut jobs posting utter rubbish, and I would like to be able to properly cuss them out. Just have the swear filter kick in on young users. Do you get it yet? I don't want kids posting stupid crap, and if they have to I wanna be the old man that tells them to "Get off my damn lawn".

I should post a Parot....Entire website needs to change.

still...I love this place, but it is all about posters content, not how socially correct anyone is. (imagine an animated icon with the middle finger here....lol)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
Do you get it yet? I don't want kids posting stupid crap, and if they have to I wanna be the old man that tells them to "Get off my damn lawn".

Sure... you need to get a lawn, as this one is not exclusively yours.

Clearly, for the past six years, ATS has demonstrated through our attention to promoting real-world/real-life civil decorum, topical organization, support of free expression, and cross-promoting internal efforts (the site "skin" drawing attention to the recent Conspiracy Chicks episode), that this is not the kind of discussion venue you seek. We can't please everyone, but it seems we're pleasing many.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
SO!

Can we please have a seperate Breaking news Fire-Hose back to quickly find if somthing has been posted already - and to avoid to many postings on the same news.

Today with the Blair egging news it happened 3 times - probably because they are now mixed into all other stuff and takes too long time to check to get the quick overview and see if it has been posted already?

Please see my other post in this thread regarding this!

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I like it, honestly the changes are slight at most, and frankly the old skin was getting tired and boring... A new look and slightly new feel is refreshing.

So far I have noticed a quite dramatic improvement in performance and that is really nice.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes but where is the blasted "edit " box to edit or posts? did some one forget that we are not professional typists???

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I would have liked to edit out "the blasted" as it was a bit harsh but lo and behold.. I couldn't do it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Yes but where is the blasted "edit " box to edit or posts? did some one forget that we are not professional typists???

But we can still edit posts.

See... and this was from exactly 5 hours ago...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d09b8bd8f82a.jpg[/atsimg]
(sorry for the blurriness but you should be able to see it still)

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The edit option goes away after a certain amount of hours.
It has always been this way.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who's getting clumps of source code flashed onto his screen when ATS pages are loading? It doesn't happen every time I load or reload - and it's not a big deal to cope with. I'm just curious if it's something I can fix on my end or if it's just a wrinkle in the new code.

(Using IE8.0.6001.18702)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

The edit option goes away after a certain amount of hours.
It has always been this way.

Something that needs to change, completely ridiculous option that achieves nothing. Many folks may make a post at night, go to sleep and wish to change it in the morning yet can't...why can't they do so? because ATS simply wishes to go against common sense rather than any productive and rational reason.
And i speak for many folks who also think the same, it is a silly and unneeded rule that i have never quite understood.

Hefficide i also get the same, i assume it will be fixed.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Is anyone else just getting a blank grey window when they click on chat?

That's what I am getting--it just says ATS 2010 at the top, then the rest is all blank grey.

By the way I use Opera 10.61 (the latest version).

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That's weird because we could see you come in and everything.

ETA: Although, you wasn't in for very long so maybe you have to wait a little bit maybe?

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I just checked and chat seems fine with FireFox

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Weird, I don't understand. I have the chat window open now, but I see nothing but blank grey...

edit to add: I even "heard" someone come on to chat twice now, but I see nothing.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

well we see you, are using NoScript by any chance?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join