It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Website Has Changed....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hey guys the entire website has changed and i'm very nervous. LOL
No but it looks amazinggggg, wow look at all the tools
I find the font for the section/folder headline to be a little to light on the eyes
But other than that..... AMAZING!!!!

EDIT
As the MOD has said guys hold off complaints until they are finished

You are commenting on a work in progress

WHOA, ATS is gonna be hugeee now!
Well it's already huge so I guess I mean huger!

I know this thread is early as most likely a V2V will be sent shortly but I just wanted to say WOW!

Great timing too, labour day is coming up and a long weekend.
So alot of time to navigate and experiment and learn the new tools and structure.

GREAT!!

ATS RULESS!!!!!

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Indeed, I just noticed this, I like the new drop down menus

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I dont know if I like it yet.Id kinda got used to the old layout and cant seem to find the things I used to got to a lot like HOT/Top/Latest News links yet!! No doubt It will grow on me,in time!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It all changed during my cigarette break lol

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

ATS and BTS Has merged!!!

And it's been done in such an amazing way where both parties should be happy.

They do not compete against each other in any way shape or form.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The menu reacts a lot faster. It's just so freaking huge and bright. You can see it from space. I think it's burning my retinas.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Its not complete yet
Hang tight

[edit on September 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Discussion Board link goes to the old layout.

- Phoenix

Edit: Ah ha, this has been fixed

[edit on 3-9-2010 by phoenix_zephyr]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am having MANY problems with the new layout. 1st thing, the drop down menus including member tools likes to play hide and seek by popping down and rolling right back up as you move your curser down te list. 2nd thing, in the members public profile it is disorganized and does not show recent posts/threads. 3rd thing, I wasn't even able to click on this text box to type my post!! I had to use the tab key to get there. When I moved away from it to scroll up the page, I was then able to get a text curser when it was over text already written there. I'm sure I'll find more problems, just give me a few days. The look is neat, if a bit childish, with easier to read subtopics and paragraphs. I needs some tinkering though.

Temp

Edit to add: dropdown menu's problem: seems to roll back up while dragging the curser down the dropdown list... because there is too much space between the items on the list and when your curser hits the in-beween spaces, it thinks your curser is no longer on the menu.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Tempest333]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm missing how ATS and BTS are merged....

How are you seeing it - or am I missing something really obvious, which actually wouldn't be that suprising!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am definitely liking all of this !

Kinda shocked me though...stepped away from the computer for a little bit, and WHAM, new look!

Great job so far!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just about to head out for my first post-vacation run...and then this happens...sweeeeet ATS!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
AGAIN, hang tight and be patient. The changeover is a work in progress. Please hold back any complaints and issues until it is final!

link   

Originally posted by Tempest333
1st thing, the drop down menus including member tools likes to play hide and seek by popping down and rolling right back up as you move your curser down te list.

Time to invest in a mouse with a scroll wheel!

Originally posted by Tempest333
2nd thing, in the members public profile it is disorganized and does not show recent posts/threads.

This thread was probably made while they are still testing.
Even after move from Dev to Production server you still have to test.
They might still be FTPing files as we speak.

link   
I have been experiencing bugs with it. For instance, in order to type in the text fields, I first have to click on an emoticon, otherwise I can't get the cursor inside the text field. Another problem I have alread found, is that the drop-down menu won't stay down long enough for me to click on the options inside each one. Maybe it's just my browser, IE8? Unfortunately, I'm forced to use this browser as this machine I'm on is my work machine.

--airspoon

Edit to add: I have found a work around to the drop down menu problem that I am experiencing. If I hold down the "shift" key, the menu stays down long enough to click on an option. However, holding down the "shift" key and using an emoticon are kind of annoying.

Edited again to add: Sorry, I didn't see greeneyedleo's post. For that, I'll refrain from posting more complaints and leave the ones stated up there so that other members can see the work-arounds that I have found thus far.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I'm missing how ATS and BTS are merged....

How are you seeing it - or am I missing something really obvious, which actually wouldn't be that suprising!

Go to the main board and scroll down.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I miss the multi-colored list because you could read about an interesting thread without purposely looking for a certain forum.
Or the multi-colored browsing of all the forums.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I have been experiencing bugs with it. For instance, in order to type in the text fields, I first have to click on an emoticon, otherwise I can't get the cursor inside the text field. Another problem I have alread found, is that the drop-down menu won't stay down long enough for me to click on the options inside each one. Maybe it's just my browser, IE8? Unfortunately, I'm forced to use this browser as this machine I'm on is my work machine.

--airspoon

Oh Oh
you guys are going to get me into trouble for making this thread

LOL

As the MOD has said guys hold off complaints until they are finished
You are commenting on a work in progress

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah, so far I don't like it. I feel lost. The ATS firehose page is the same one as last night, so I guess that's something that isn't fixed yet. I need my NEW news.

"My ATS" needs to be put somewhere too, it isn't showing up anywhere easy to find. I guess we're in BETA mode for a bit now.

I'm sure I'll like it when I can find everything. I do adapt easy, once I know everything is back up to date.

edit to add:
Ok, I found "my ats"
, but still no firehoses. I hope that feature is staying, its nice to get posts in the order they come in.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

I'm having the same problems as you are . Took me about five attempts to access my public profile , I kept getting something about swine-flu and news alerts or something . Also , the "more" at the bottom of the drop , displays the private message page . Why have two pages for access to private message ? Hope this all works out .

Guess we all need to be patient .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join