It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe In Transsexualism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I can't see myself desiring to be a woman.. However I don't think it's a stretch that someone could feel trapped in their body, desiring nothing other to be the opposite gender. So yes.. I believe it's there and how they feel..

I have a neighbor who is pretty clearly one of these.. A girl I knew briefly in middle school.. She had issues with very christian parents they sent her away for awhile.. the whole spiel.. No everytime I see "her".. He looks no different than a he.

Personally I think it would be pretty hard to deal with with my own family member. I think I could easily accept a family member being gay, but how could deal with your big brother becoming your big sister? I sure couldn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I think you are carrying this to the ultimate extreme, but lets roll with it anyway. If you really, really want to carry it to the extreme. Lets say they find the "technology" to transfer a consciousness! We can talk Penises and Brains all day, but they are just pieces of a body, and I say the dominant DNA in the body defines the gender, and the life experience defines the sexuality.

BUT, what if we transfer the actual consciousness to a new body of the opposite gender. (Personally, I think this would be great fun!)

If that were made possible, I believe the consciousness would slowly adapt to the new body and would probably enjoy life from the new perspective. The consciousness would probably transition from its original gender to the gender of the new body.

On a deeper level, I believe "gender" is defined only in a physical role, and the DNA is the deciding factor, and on a spiritual level there is no masculine/feminine, and therefore it is easy to transition into a new body type.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Irrelevant. Epilepsy and Down's Syndrome are backed by solid scientific evidence. Transsexualism is backed by anecdotal accounts and Open-Mindedness Gone Mad.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with the situation in a personal setting at all to be honest and without trying to be disrespective I'm never call my younger brother (Luke) a name he chose such as Lucy if he ever had a sex change.

He was born a male and he'll always be a male, no matter what operations or hormone treatments he took, he would never be a female.

I guess that's part of my whole argument, maybe I could understand the issue a little better if it was actually possible to actually convert your sex but it just isn't possible and in that regard I can't agree with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Humans are a very very complicated mixed up soup - - biologically.

When that soup is mixing - - maybe the recipe got changed a little bit.

Maybe too much cumin was put in - instead of cinnamon.

Absolutely! I believe that "soup mix" can waiver from the base recipe and make life much more interesting.

My mom was disabled. I grew up going to a disabled club.

I learned early - - People are not a "what" - they are a "who".

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So what ends up being the question seems to be is there a difference between a female brain and a male brain?

There sure are. MANY differences. I can post links that I found discussing the many differences and the tests done to determine them if anyone wants.

So if there is a difference between a male brain and a female brain the question is

Can a mutation occur that puts a males brain in a females body and a females brain into a males body?

It seems like a very simple mutation to have occur. I am not seeing why anyone would come to any conclusion other than this mutation occurring? We have some CRAZY mutations in humans. This one is relatively tame compared to what others are out there. If the brain is an organ that is prone to mutation and we know that the body has mutations of sexual organs "Hermaphrodites" how is the Brain Exempt from having this mutation occur?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Why doesn't a car become a boat when you remove it's wheels?

Here's a video of an amphibious carboat. It's not so simple as saying it's one or the other, is it?

With regards to your brain scenario, well you would
have a mans brain in a female body. It wouldn't make
that physical female a male

But nevertheless, that male brain / female body would be a single, functional, person, yes?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It was just a simple analogy used to illustrate my point.

As I mentioned above, why would someone have a sex change because they believe to be born in the wrong body when the actual operation itself will not make them the sex they desire to be?

They'll simply be chopping parts off their body and pretending to be a member of the opposite sex.

I don't see how that will make them feel any better to be honest, if anything I could imagine more psychological stress being caused as effectively they would be walking around as a fraud.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

But nevertheless, that male brain / female body would be a single, functional, person, yes?

I don't think there is any way to say this without sounding very gay myself, but I know myself, and I know my sex drive, and if my brain were transplanted into a female body, I believe I would want to "satisfy" that body as much as I do my current body. To get the true "satisfaction" that the new female body would require, I would probably start desiring the appropriate equipment that would fit well with that new body.

In other words, I would crave ****. I don't think there is any other way to describe it. The body wants what the body wants. My current body has a HUGE drive for the yan to my ying! If I had a yan, I would probably crave the ying!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i cant' wait to be a hermaphrodite and give birth asexually.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good point.

That is one of the major factors of this whole thing.

Brainwashing.

People are BRAINWASHED into thinking that GI JOE = Boys and Barbie = Girls. This is total mental conditioning done by society.

If you are a boy and likes barbie dolls, SO WHAT?? IT doesn't make you a girl! It just means you like playing dress up more than playing shoot em up. NOTHING wrong with that!!!

If people realized that your "likes and dislikes" or your "emotions" have NOTHING to do with sexuality biologically, and MORE to do with your CONDITIONING through Society; than this subject probably would not even exist.

This brainwashing by society sets up the problem. Since we think that boys like X and girls like Y, or boys think like X and girls think like Y, we are creating TONS of confused poor children who don't even know what they are anymore! It's a true crime against our children, it really is.

The only thing that determines SEX is your DNA, like getreadyalready said.
The only thing that determines your Preferences, is your brain.

That video that Emachine posted shows this confusion clearly. "I guess I'll just bottle up my emotions like a guy". What the HELL??!!

I never bottle my emotions up and I am clearly a guy.

That's the problem here. Stereotypes about Male vs Female behavior.

For all you pro-trans-sexual believers, does this mean that 80%+ of all the women who WORK a JOB these days are actually MEN but confused about their sexuality?? NO. It just means that we have TONS of prejudices about male vs female behavior.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Had to smile at that post, so very true though!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If during the 1950's when most women started working jobs outside the home, if we believed this crap about trans-sexuality, everyone would have said "Those woman are actually MEN!!".

IMHO Transsexualism is extremely prejudice and judgmental.

I simply apply it to our past and the truth becomes evident.

"Gender norms" change throughout time. But sex doesn't change! Just our opinions and stereotypes of what makes someone a "man" or a "woman" changes!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Another excellent post.

As I've already mentioned, I'm a bloke who love Boxing/drinking ale/smoking/gadgets/violent films etc

But I also love soul music and can fill up with tears listening to certain tracks.

I also, unlike most males, don't really have an interest in car's etc.

When I was a child I didn't play with toys, I had chemistry sets, magic set, electronics kits etc

But I also love quantum mechanics, philosophy, the paranormal etc

Looking at the above without knowing me you would think that I'm contradicting myself but hey that's just the way things go.

People need to drop stereotyping.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Lets say they find the "technology"

I say the dominant DNA in the body defines the gender

Ok. So then all you need to do to change DNA is change the "dominant DNA" yes? So then...you do believe in transexualism, but we simply don't yet have the technology to make it happen?

On a deeper level, I believe "gender" is defined only in a physical role, and the DNA is the deciding factor, and on a spiritual level there is no masculine/feminine

The consciousness would probably transition from its original gender to the gender of the new body.

That's a very interesting perspective. I don't tend to think of consciousness as being subservient to physical form.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Some more semanitics issues there. Yes, of course I believe in transexuality. We see it in physical form. It is a fact of life, we don't need to believe in it, it will happen regardless. However, I don't believe it defines our sexual orientation, and I don't believe we should mutilate our body to fit some identity crisis.

As for the spirit being subservient to the physical form. I don't believe that is true. I believe the spirit is more fluidlike and less rigid. Therefore it could easily adapt into any physical representation, and it would not rebel against a new form. Therefore leaving a body of one sex and going into a body of another sex would be seamless and natural, and it would not cause homosexuality or identity crisis. This is not subservant, it is the ultimate control mechanism. I can get into any vehicle, motorcycle, airplane, heavy equipment, boat or scuba gear, and I can take off and drive. If I tried to drive all of them just like my truck, I wouldn't get very far, but I am not subservient to the vehicle, I am adaptable.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Okay, so if you agree that transsexuality is an abnormality how exactly does it make a transsexual feel better or more at peace with themselves chopping off or modifying their genitals and pretending to be a member of the opposite sex?

I'm an epileptic. I sure do feel better when I'm not having seizures, let me tell you! I take advantage of the medical community and treat myself with modern medicine to "make myself feel better". I'm still an epileptic, but modern medicine makes it MUCH easier to live with.

Same with a transsexual. If I feel like a woman, I certainly don't want a penis hanging off of my body. It feels foreign when I personally FEEL that it should be a vagina instead. Modern medicine can make that happen. Why wouldn't I feel better if my sex organs matched with my gender identity?

A man can never be a woman and a woman can never be a man, no matter what they do to themselves.

If your definition of a woman is "someone born with a vagina", then I agree with you. But that's not my definition. In my first post, I said that I FEEL like a woman. And from your posts, I can tell that you FEEL like a man. If you had been born with a vagina and breasts, would you FEEL any less like a man then you do?

Just out of curiosity (although you may have answered and I've missed it) do you believe homosexuality is a abnormality?

Define abnormality and I'll be glad to answer that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It was just a simple analogy used to illustrate my point.

To which I responded with a simple analogy to make mine. Don't run away from your example just because it turned against you.

why would someone have a sex change because they
believe to be born in the wrong body when the actual
operation itself will not make them the sex they desire to be?

I can give you lots of possible reasons. Number one on the list being: they don't see things the way you do.

I don't see how that will make them
feel any better to be honest

What's your goal here? Do you want to understand? Are you here to express your beliefs? Are you seeking opinions from others? If your goal is to understand why others make the choices they do, I think your approach to the discussion may be hindering your chance of success.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I disagree and I will post some data to indicate the differences between the male brain and the female brain. It is WAY more than just stereotypes that are in our society. It is from the beginning at birth biological differences.

www.cerebromente.org.br...

But, aside from external anatomical and primary and secondary sexual differences, scientists know also that there are many other subtle differences in the way the brains from men and women process language, information, emotion, cognition, etc. One of the most interesting differences appear in the way men and women estimate time, judge speed of things, carry out mental mathematical calculations, orient in space and visualize objects in three dimensions, etc. In all these tasks, women and men are strikingly different, as they are too in the way their brains process language. This may account, scientists say, for the fact that there are many more male mathematicians, airplane pilots, bush guides, mechanical engineers, architects and race car drivers than female ones.

On the other hand, women are better than men in human relations, recognizing emotional overtones in others and in language, emotional and artistic expressiveness, esthetic appreciation, verbal language and carrying out detailed and pre-planned tasks. For example, women generally can recall lists of words or paragraphs of text better than men.

However, gender differences are already apparent from just a few months after birth, when social influence is still small. For example, Anne Moir and David Jessel, in their remarkable and controversial book "Brain Sex" (11), offer explanations for these very early differences in children:

"These discernible, measurable differences in behavior have been imprinted long before external influences have had a chance to get to work. They reflect a basic difference in the newborn brain which we already know about -- the superior male efficiency in spatial ability, the greater female skill in speech."

The article goes on to explain differences in size of various parts of the male and female brain. Analysis of females who had a larger amount of testosterone exposure in the womb having better spatial awareness than other girls and being more likely to show aggressive behavior.

If we can accept that there are biological differences between a male and female brain from birth and than we can understand the possibility of the mutation of transsexualism occurring.

If we cannot even admit that men and women have different brains than we cannot say that men and women can have a mutation of transsexualism occurring.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hey, why not? we can do it.

sorry didn't read the all the crappolla.

so where do we stand? christians? against.

muslim? death.

jew? against.

hindu, no prob.

tao? they don't care.

why give a rats?

"it can be done as shall it be done"

it is a hard life for these people.

you have to figure your own racist bigotry fundamentalism
against careing for another huuuuman.

so what, i am all for it. if i am off topic, delete and take my points.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join