It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe In Transsexualism?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

Really!.......Well I strongly suggest that you don't go moulding your ethics around what the American Military does, because you will be absolutely dysfunctional in today's society. That's why you and other Muslims are considered a global enemy by many countries.

America is one of the only country in the world that considers Muslims an enemy. If Americans learned about other countries, they would know that like everyone else in the world does. Stop blaming the Qu'ran for your problems, as your problems are only created by yourselves.

And I doubt if you really care about the quality of life of transsexuals do you? The only thing you care about is taking a shot at America at the expense of transsexuals.

This is, quite literally, not based and anything I said at all. I'm not the one that brought up the American military as if it was a moral effigy in our ethical behavior.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Yissachar1

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by IanC99000310

I really feel for you and thanks for joining this forum and sharing your struggles with us.

The thing is, there always will be some ignorant assholes full of idiotic, uneducated bigot comments. You only have to read the title of the op (hardly a thesis title) to see that!

As a soldier it has been my great pleasure to serve with a few trans women who did everything they could to fit in and do the most manly things possible in order to erase the the truth of who they are from their minds. Truth is after all that struggle to get rid of that to the point of reckless bravery in the field, they still could not not be who they are and are now the women they were born to be.

Amongst personal experience I am currently studying transexualism for my psychiatric nursing degree. This is by no means a mental condition but a physical one, where the mind does not match the body which does indeed cause mental conditions, and that combined with social constructs will make a transexuals life hell to the point of suicide in many cases... That fact alone should give the op pause for thought because transexuality untreated is mostly fatal and terminal... Most trans people would rather die than stay as they are and societies constructs and idiotic morons cause the death of these wonderfull people..

Thats right op... YOUR attitude and words and people like you cause misery and death to wonderfull souls who just want to be themselves., Change or karma is going to be a bitch!

The only thing that's going to be a bitch is having to put up with the likes of you. So you take it a step further and declare all of us who do not share your warped views on transsexualism to be Murderers. Murderers?

Murderers?........You are a lying sack of s***!....... I don't know what army you claim to have served in, but it certainly wasn't mine. You do not do transsexuals any favors with your lying twisted opinions. You're the one responsible for the violence that is heaped upon them because of your unethical dishonest statements.

And as a parting note, if you are really studying transsexualism, try spelling it correctly, and if you can't do that, try using spell check. If you can't see it, it's spelled check!

Transsexuals and the Military
Q: Dear Sharra,

I am a post-operative female-to-male transsexual. I desperately want to join the military, but I am aware of that the military medically disqualifies transsexuals.

I am a registered nurse, so I would be in high demand in the military. I was wondering if there is any hope for me being able to join the Reserves.
I'd appreciate any advice.

Thank you,
Seb

A: Dear Seb,

Unfortunately, the short answer to your question is that you will probably not be able to join the Reserves. The Department of Defense sets the physical standards criteria, and they must be met by all applicants for military service, including the Reserves and National Guard. Each person attempting to join the military must undergo a physical examination as part of the induction process.

The military considers having had any type of gender-confirming surgery to be a major genital abnormality or defect, even if there are no complications after surgery. If an individual is at any other stage of transition, or does not plan on having surgery, the military considers transsexuality to be a disqualifying psychiatric condition.

www.hrc.org...

Lol i have killed wankers like you be you big or small in the British Army and IDF over the last 22 years... I have been special ops with all the training that entails for many of those years... I have very easily passed american special forces courses because they, like their personel are very easy.. I have served and been trained by the best armies in the world and have killed very brave people who are not bigoted wankers like you,

Yes your opinions are systematic of transexuals being killed or commiting suicide because of them..

Yes I am a murderer for a few governments but i did that for freedom, freedom you villifie.. So did a lot of transexuals who are braver than you!

Lol xxxx

edit on 9-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The only thing that's going to be a bitch is having to put up with the likes of you. So you take it a step further and declare all of us who do not share your warped views on transsexualism to be Murderers. Murderers?

Murderers?........You are a lying sack of s***!....... I don't know what army you claim to have served in, but it certainly wasn't mine. You do not do transsexuals any favors with your lying twisted opinions. You're the one responsible for the violence that is heaped upon them because of your unethical dishonest statements.

And as a parting note, if you are really studying transsexualism, try spelling it correctly, and if you can't do that, try using spell check. If you can't see it, it's spelled check!

I completely missed this post somehow, and I would like to add, this is easily the saddest, most immature version of flaming I've ever seen on any forum. Reported. Grow up, kid.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So you like to laugh when you recall those wonderful memories of so many of the people you have killed. I used to laugh when I recalled many of the asses like yours that I have kicked down at the local bars because of general principle. Don't feel bad because you killed people. You are not a murderer. You're a soldier. You are no more a murderer for killing those people while you were serving in the military than I am for having an opinion that differs from yours.

I have to ask myself the question, "What would I do?" I would choose not to become transsexual. And I wouldn't want to see anybody else make that mistake, especially my brother. You know it isn't always about us. Perhaps it would be better to resist certain feelings that would cause intense hardship throughout ones life. A persons happiness is not above being put on the chopping block at times. Some times it is good to make sacrifices, and endure hardships; it builds character. And it will be very much easier for family and friends and all to deal with. Sacrifices are always going to be a part of life. And life is seldom fair, no matter how many people think they are happy.

So don't call me a bigot. And don't try to intimidate me. You are obviously the one who is subtly threatening. But don't be so hard on yourself, You're not a murderer, unless of course you were involved in an illegal killing.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

I wasnt being subtle... My family would say i am as subtle as a housebrick..

And i have never felt guilty, in fact pride...

I did my duty and extremely enjoyed it..

But i am not the subject of this thread, transexuals are and whether i believe in them which i do.. And whether you dont or disprove will never negate that..

As a Jew i have overcome many peoples accromony so know how damaging your viewpoint can be... Fact is that many transexuals have died because of your view point and yes bigotry

So fill up the meassure of your fathers guilt and not only live half a bigotted life but hurry up and piss off coz the world is too full of hate to let you in.,

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I have to ask myself the question, "What would I do?" I would choose not to become transsexual. And I wouldn't want to see anybody else make that mistake, especially my brother. You know it isn't always about us. Perhaps it would be better to resist certain feelings that would cause intense hardship throughout ones life. A persons happiness is not above being put on the chopping block at times. Some times it is good to make sacrifices, and endure hardships; it builds character. And it will be very much easier for family and friends and all to deal with. Sacrifices are always going to be a part of life. And life is seldom fair, no matter how many people think they are happy.

Are you serious? Okay, if someone tells you that it is not a choice to be transsexual, and you are not transsexual, the rational thing to do is believe them because they have miles more experience on the topic than you; you are ignorant in all of the word's definitions. Being transsexual is not a choice. Did you chose to be a man inside of a man's body? You are really quite primitive and judgmental -- its sad more than anything. Stop thinking you need to develop an opinion on everything like that brat from Catcher in the Rye, sometimes you are simply ignorant and arguing against facts is not an opinion, it's ignorance. Stop publicly embarrassing yourself by assuming it is okay to judge people even though you really don't know anything about the topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

P.S. To those of you who compare this to people thinking they are FROGS or HORSES; do you actually think that relates to this at all? Something that you actually have no natural possibility of being? If you think like this, your logic is flawed and that is simply all there is to it.

Yes and if you are born a male there is no natural possibility of you becoming a female...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Just a few things:

Firstly, your a fantist, a keyboard warrior if you will.

You have killed British Army soldiers? Really? In what war/conflict mate?

You've passed American special forces course's? Are you implying that your an American? Because the last time I checked America and the UK were allies.

Let me tell you this, any special forces trained soldier wouldn't be that immature and childish to boast about how they have killed people on an internet forum. Neither would they happily refer to themselves as murderers...

I'm glad you "easily" passed the special forces course that you undertook, you must be a supreme warrior!

The fact of the matter is that your more than likely a keyboard cowboy with no combat experience and like to tell stories about how you have "killed" people.

If by some miracle you have actually served in the special forces then god help us all because the last time I checked they didn't enlist egotistical, blood thirsty savages who enjoy killing and then post about it on the internet...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Yes and if you are born a male there is no natural possibility of you becoming a female...

Gender Recognition Panel Website

The Gender Recognition Panel assesses applications from transsexual people for legal recognition of the gender in which they now live.

The Panel was set up under the Gender Recognition Act 2004 and ensures that transsexual people can enjoy the rights and responsibilities appropriate to their acquired gender.

If a person is successful in their application to the Panel, they will be issued with a full Gender Recognition Certificate, and that person's gender will become, for all purposes, their acquired gender.

Our website provides information for applicants, medical practitioners and chartered psychologists, and other parties who may be interested in the gender recognition process.

www.grp.gov.uk...

there is no natural way of changing the body that is true. Can you find a natural way of fixing my brain defect? If you can then please please let me know what it is.

Gender and sexuality are very complex things and very sensitive... What I would say is it would be nice to stay on topic and not to turn this into a an argument and this is aimed at all those who are getting nasty.

The question has been answered... the debate was taking place on peoples opinions "some of them based on upbringing and personal conflicts and some based on facts". My father was texting me last night , swearing getting vile, He has no comprehension like many others of what people like me go through. The worst of it is because of his viewpoints on sexuality and gender as a child I couldn't turn to him or my mum. I have lived as they have taught and the amount of lives I will ruin is uncomprehendable. This is all because of my parents failings. Now no parent would want to admit their failings, they start to twist the past clinging on to what they can remember. My Mum was a breeding machine, she didnt know when to stop 6 kids later and the eldest 3 have all had suicide attempts for various reasons. Eldest because he has made some serious errors, one younger to me because he couldn't cope with the feelings of splitting with a girlfriend and the fact my dad had an affair with someone who had just left school. Yep the same father taking the moral HIGH ground with me.

Once in the car coming back from swimming he was sat in the car and made a remark about transexuality, him and my eldest brother started laughing and joking about the wierdo's as they put it. I wanted to die there and then i'd have been about 8-9...so from 4 years of age I have known exactly what I am, one suicide attempt by 6. Parents only remember what is specific to there perfect world. round the time whenround 8-9 years of age I went through a stage of wetting the bed because of this yet my parents did not recognise or even bother that this was going on. I used to leave notes next to my bed begging for help... My dads answer to everything is fists and suppression of emotions....

At the age of 8-9 I started staying at my Grans at the weekened, And it was there I could be me. I had a pink bedroom, and when I could steal my mums stuff I built up a collection of makeup and bathroom products. As i got older and could find work 11-12-13 I started to build up a clothing collection just so I could be me...

A trade off I take my nan out in her wheel chair and I get to be me. I tried to get on with life having "girlfriends" and making the show for the parents. However they were always younger so there was no expectation regarding kissing or sexual experimentation. I think at 15 if I remember correctly I had a Girlfriend because the guy I Had a crush on at the time had one and I wanted to spend time with him! The girl friend was 12... she had great taste in hair bands and bracelets.

As time went on the feelings got worse, truth or dare games become havens, every now and then you'd get dared to kiss a guy. Believe me the brain does strange things to girls when they kiss a guy... and there was no physical response down there just in case the question was going to be asked. It kinda feels and girls correct me if Im wrong but it feels like the whole world is putting its arms around you.

Socially I was a misfit... I had friends outside of school through Church Lads Church Girls Brigade and they were supportive, however the only reason for doing that was because of a crush. He was really manly from a young age. I had a friendship with a "lesbian" she was a confussed teen... but that was really wierd lasted a week and when she wanted to do "stuff" it kinda went to the point of no thank you.

To be continued

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

While it's pretty painful to read about the mans suffering as a kid and about his "perfect" parents, all that story describes is a feminine homosexual male.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There was times when it was easier to go with the flow just to get through... but not one single day goes by without it biting you , reminding you, grinding you.... your mum odering clothing for you but you longing for that pretty little jacket to match the halter neck you have at grans! the masculinaty being forced down you neck....

Christmas as a child was always interesting .... from being aware your parents bought your presents and it wasn't santa's screw up I begged firstly for a NES "escapism" and I begged for Get set clay, spirograph and girly toy's were i knew they were to thick to understand. My IQ stands at round 127-140. As I got older and then it comes with a massive bang REAL LIFE and wow what a mess!!!! so In year 9 I got jumped off 3 lads 1 of them smashed my ribs and I got seriously hurt both mentally and physically. I just wanted to die this stayed with me and Haunted me for 3 years, My grades at school suffered and instead of being a A* student I dropped to b's and c's... I was seeking councilling at school with a certain teacher who wasn't allowed to read what I wrote but was allowed to discuss what I thought... She knew about my Transexuality but couldn't leagally help me without my consent. The system is messy.

Going into college I Got a furby! Christmas after heavy begging Mum she bought me a boy one. I wanted a pink one but NO I get a boy one. Going back to the 12 christmas I asked for Action man "there is no way they'd get me hip hop barbie" so Action man was the next best thing. He was naked often and getting dressed often, Gran even knitted SHIM some clothes but SHHHHHHH best not tell....

So I got involved with music "Standing ovation" that kinda sums up how I felt. I was a good actor! From the last year of high school because I had Long blonde hair I was asked to join a STEPS tribute Band "OMG STEPS they got me through some bad times" And I had this Girlfriend of sorts it was weird as she was like I love you I love you and I was like I love your bedroom! its purple and you have a lovely 4 poster bed and a silk yes silk bed spread!!! any way NYE 2000 I remember waking up to her taking a "little ride" Quite a little alcohol was consumed prior to me going for a sleep.... I TOLFD HER TO GET THE HELL OFF ME... went to the loo threw up and then left the house to cry...

the story gets much worse... she Apparently got pregnant!!! its like WTF! so i go to my MUM break down in tears "she was getting ready to go out putting mascara on "my favorite mascara at the time for a case point" I told her and was ready to open up completely.... she could see I was hurting very deeply... before I could finish and talk to her she said "you better tell her to get rid of it" Im going out.... She left... Left me stranded.... That was the point in my life I knew that I had to try my best.... The girl did get rid of the baby and we split....

Going back to being a child my elder brother once caught me having an intimate moment... normally I assume lads rub? I get that from the whole wanker signal? me i had a pillow between my legs and was acting like a girl! MY eldest brother TOLD my DAD!!! He was sick!!! he didnt tell him the truth though and explaining to your parents you want making love to at 27 is kinda screwed up!

After that I found the best "girlfriends I could" Ones I knew wouldn't want sex!!! One girl her parents were devout christians... I could play around with make up and dress up because of the course I took at college....

As time went on My eating disorder was getting out of control, I was eating and waiting 1 -1.5 hours then throwing up so people couldn't catch on and after going to America to do what I really want so much to do work with children I returned to the UK to find work... I continued at College/uni trying my best but the brain is now mush....In America I could be me and If anyone who knows me reads this they will remember me saying I HAVE ONLY EVER FELT AT HOME IN AMERICA. So I come back and move to london career progression with Toys r us and meet a lovely girl her brother was cute.... and she allowed me to stay with them to save me money.... However she fell in love And i rang my mum "yet again why do I ring her?" I toild her that she was like a best friend to me but thats it I was on the next bus back to were I hail from. My Gran had died and I needed to say goodbye to a true dear Woman. I remember My dad clearing out Grans and asking me whilst holding up a crop top of mine wether it was mine it was cream with purple flowers on it from george asda. I said no and sheepishly walked away "i'd left something behind" Before moving to London I went to my grans to grab what I could and I left my favorite underwear....

Upon coming back to preston I tried to carry on and live the life expected of me.... I met a wickied girl with an eating disorder that fed mine! it was like a trip to extreme weight watchers going to her house....

And then I met My PARTNER.... That is were the story gets really really messy..... and will take me a long long time to explain.... Lets just say after everything had simmered down conventional is not the word.

to be continued

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
During child hood lying in bed with string tied around your bits praying to god that it will drop off.... going to church and begging god to make you whole.... I joined Church Lads Church Girls Brigade, went to church regualrly got confirmed, joined the choir! I can sing pretty darn good but more than anything I went to beg god to give me the body that I am meant to have! I am not a homosexual male

I AM A GIRL.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Your gender is scientifically one of the last things that develops in the womb. It begins developing long after the brain, and there is evidence of thought processes beginning before gender is even decided. Knowing this, it is entirely possible that, before or while the gender is forming, the mind has already established an entity. Fact. Entirely possible. This means that maybe some people will be transsexual.

If something is possible, why not find out if it is TRUE. How do we do that? Let's research and see if anyone claims that they feel different about something concerning their gender and their body. Oh look, over 20 billion people have openly felt this way over the course of history? The truth couldn't be more clear!

^ This is how us rational adults deal with situations or issues that we don't understand ^

Now, please, will you stop making a fool of yourself by publicly swimming in your own ignorance?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was in year 5 at Junior school and my nan let me have a friend come over when i stayed there.... it was awesome we swapped clothes for the entire afternoon!!!!! It isn't about dress up though its about the emotianl belonging to the female gender and the physical apsects of my body making me very sick... I hate my body and I have abused it in many ways.... The girl my dad had and affair with at the time probably near christmas "and I knew for a long time he was screwing" told me she wanted me... I told my mum that she said she wanted to be with me but I didnt feel anything for her... my mum was led in bed I wanted so badly at that point to ask for help again.... MUM and DAD if you ever read this you have FAILED ME.

I can't build up social relationships with men I relate to women, comfortable conversations based on life and experiances, and sharing in each others lives... My social skills are second to non as me hoever as a man I dont even pass.... Most of them call me gay or feminate and won't relate to me. Its complicated and you'd have to be part of my life to understand. I know that at this moment in time I am teetering on the edge of the abyss....

This morning I woke up after begging my partner all last night to help me to die. Believe me, being homosexual would have been easier! Transexuality is totally different and I swear the way I feel at the moment is like Im all alone...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Im typing on here listning to "taking chances"

The only thing I will say is I don't mind the ignorance or the not understanding as it's giving me a reason not to go and kill myself right this second.

My life has completely changed in just 4 months. Since admitting to my partner and starting to deal with the fact Im transexual properly, I know what its like to really smile and what it is like to take a breathe that is your own. My life will never be complete... I have lost 27 years... and Im about to lose a whole lot more.... one thing is for sure.... 99% no one is going to want me or want to be with me.... my family will disown me and I will lose everything....however I will have me. And I have no clue what that is like yet... but what i have tasted of being me.... I feel Alive.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The DNA as you said is an important fact. Female Chromosomes are XX, Male are XY. A lot of Transsexuals out there seem to have XXY chromosomes. Hence the feeling they should be female instead of male. And of course Transsexuals that have the XXY chromosome usually have breasts even during their life as a male. This is why a lot of males with the XXY chomosomes change their sex later on in life by becoming transsexual. It's not just a mental thing but physical in the DNA spectrum.

I personally don't give a monkey's what they are or think they are. There are worse things u could be other than male or female.

You could be a politician!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Your gender is scientifically one of the last things that develops in the womb. It begins developing long after the brain, and there is evidence of thought processes beginning before gender is even decided. Knowing this, it is entirely possible that, before or while the gender is forming, the mind has already established an entity. Fact. Entirely possible. This means that maybe some people will be transsexual.

If something is possible, why not find out if it is TRUE. How do we do that? Let's research and see if anyone claims that they feel different about something concerning their gender and their body. Oh look, over 20 billion people have openly felt this way over the course of history? The truth couldn't be more clear!

^ This is how us rational adults deal with situations or issues that we don't understand ^

Now, please, will you stop making a fool of yourself by publicly swimming in your own ignorance?

Would you please accept the simple fact that if you are born a male you can't change it and vice versa?

Chopping off your penis and taking hormones doesn't make you a female...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

You cannot change your sex...

It's not possible.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Correct... but also having a penis doesn't make you male.

the truth of the matter is it is a very complex thing. I feel at this point this thread is past the point of debate. I hope that if you have children now or in the future you educate them not in your opinion but in the facts that the world is very diverse. And that although there maybe things in life that you may not find agreeable to your mindset or you struggle to grasp the concept of, it doesn't make the people who do feel this way or who are Born this way any less worthwhile.

If you do have children and you want them to succeed in life I strongly advise you to educate them to accept that Homosexuality, transexuality and gender dysphoria are part of life and are not wrong. CHildren who will do well in the future will be more accepting of society and all it's little problems. Or you could raise them to be people who dont understand and never get past the shop floor. its up to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I'm not going to debate about what it is to be a male again as I feel we will just be covering old ground, the fact of the matter is that if your born with a penis, biologically and physically your a man.

Whether you feel like your a man in your mind is a completely different concept.

I agree that the whole issue is complex and it would be useful to have direct, medical and professional knowledge about the subject although this could still be debated as peoples opinions regarding the subject will always differ.

I still don't believe that anyone in this thread has managed to prove that you can be born a female in a mans body, it's simply called being a feminine man i.e. a man who likes pink, plays with barbie dolls, doesn't like making dens and climbing trees etc etc

Homosexuality is something that I do not agree with, transexuality is also something I don't agree with. I'll educate my future children to accept it because it goes on in the world, but I won't give them my own personal opinions either negative or positive on the subject; I'll leave them to make their own conclusions unless they ask what I personally feel about the subject.

Can you imagine trying to explain to a 7 year old little girl or boy why theres a man in the supermarket who looks like a woman or why theres a woman with a mans voice and no breasts?

edit on 10/9/10 by Death_Kron because: Spelling

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join