It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Culture of Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this site about a few minutes ago. Reading this article pointed out a lot of facts in which I and numerous others overlook. This article is for anyone who believes in freedom from the state. Please comment and give me your thoughts on this article.
mises.org...

Upon the collapse of the Soviet Union, Soviet foreign spokesman Gennadi Gerasimov warned the United States, "We have done the most terrible thing to you that we could possibly have done. We have deprived you of an enemy." For nearly half a century, the elusive threat posed by the Soviet Union formed the basis of American foreign and domestic policy. Much of the United States' political and economic development was in fact a product of the government's exploitation of a supposed Soviet menace. Gerasimov recognized that the fall of communist Russia denied the American government the ability to exploit the fear of Marxism to its own benefit. It was as if the American government had lost its reason for being.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If there is no enemy, no party to point to, then The United States leaders fear they will have its citizens pointing the finger at them. It's a blame game, blame terrorists for 9/11, blame The Saudi for spike in oil prices, blame our economic collapse on homeowners foreclosing and illegal immigrants.

They sit at the tops of their hills, wagging the finger at everyone at the bottom, when it is they who should be held responsible, because they are the ones who see it all for what it is, and choose stack the cards in their favor. Our government has been hijacked by Corporate Terrorists, everyone is cashing in at The People's expense.

I say, the citizens need to wake up, camp out on the White House lawn, do whatever it is going to take to, if nothing else, make a statement to the rest of us. It's not working, the system is corrupt, the system promotes war and violence. We are being manipulated by psychopaths, billionaires that don't give a rat's arse.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by leira7]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
afraid this topic is going to die, the fact is there is no money in peace and harmony, no one makes a dime off of people getting along.

Its always been about making you afraid of something or blaming your problems on someone else. now that is something you can make money from!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

That is very true.

Sex and fear both sell and control.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I agree with the Russian Minister's point.

I also believe that the War on Terror won't work forever.

Global warming, climate change has taken a hammering too.

They tried swine flu, but failed.

I'm on the hunt for a new enemy, I'm not sure what it will be. It's got to be pretty huge though, pretty water tight (by that I mean that it should be believable and hard to disprove).

All the best, kiwifoot

S+F

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
the mises site is awesome

if you like it,,,,, check out libertyinourtime on youtube,,, it has hundreds of lectures on monetary and social issues from a libertarian, free market view

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If you want to learn more about the culture of fear being sold to you by your leaders i would recommend a documentary the power of nightmares

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/Vt-FyuuWlWQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Here you go

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You don't fear 9/11. What is there to fear? What is scary is living in a world that has no truth as in does god exists and why isn't Bruce Almighty and that god happening?

Where is Morgan Freeman?

Not around.

It's actually something to fear and something not to fear.

Without a god, there is no fear of dying.

With god, there is, but faith is only faith.

Do you trust that the god created for you to believe in is the god you want?

There is nothing to fear unless you fear dying which is inevitable.

Whatever happens will happen and can happen no other way.

That is time.

A society of fear does not exist. What do people fear?

Those people who believe in something have reason to fear.

Don't believe in anything but yourself.

new topics

top topics

join