It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Bigfoot kill this skunk?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This video shows a skunk that has been gutted. Hand sized punctures in an irrigation pipe. with blood. It might be true, if the blood samples come back as an "unrecognizable species"

See what you think.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Dude, seriously this is far to little proof or evidence of a big foot attack.

For all we know it might have been a normal homo sapien just ripping the
skunk open, to what purpose i dont know.

I am sorry but this video does not proof anything.

Sorry mate

VVV

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I really don't think that a "normal" Human could punch two big holes into that pipe and drag it 30 yards from it's original starting point. Have you ever tried to move irrigation pipe? That crap is heavy. The last time I helped my friend's Dad on his farm was when they were moving irrigation pipes all around the field. A pipe that size took five very strong men to lift and relocate. It's not just your standard PVC. Also, do you think a human could get that close to a skunk without either passing out from the smell, or getting violently ill? Getting that close would induce vomiting, which they found none of around the site. You also have to factor in the point that in past Bigfoot sightings that there was a very strong skunk smell in the air. Could this be why they stink so bad? I don't think anybody can draw any definitive conclusions from this evidence, but I can assure you that no human being did this.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

But, human beings have tools to help them. The holes in the pipe looks just a little bit neat to me to be "punch" in, almost like something out of a
comic book.
A skunk will only release its odour when it feels threatened or freightened, so its not entirely impossible to get close to skunk and kill it, even before hand. Also i have been sprayed on by a skunk, and i did not vomit, sure its a terrible pungent smell, but i didn't vomit.
I totally believe in the excistence of "big foot" creatures. I have seen one
when i was about 12 years old, and still remember it very clearly. It was in a place called the Karoo, between Laingsburg and Ladismith in South Africa. We had a farm there and it is really in the middle of nowhere (google maps it). And this is where i saw it.
So ja i do believe in the phenomenan, but unfortunately this video does not proof or confirm it. It confirms a pipe with holes in it and a dead skunk.

But a bigfoot, thats a stretch

VVV

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I can't watch the video from work, but as far as a human getting "that" close to a skunk. I have been sprayed by a skunk at point-blank range, lol!

It is not disabling, I did not get ill, I was able to finish the task at hand and then walk inside and spend the next couple of hours washing with tomato juice, oatmeal, and everything else my mother could think of. But, it is not difficult to survive a skunk attack and keep working.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Dude, seriously this is far to little proof or evidence of a big foot attack.

For all we know it might have been a normal homo sapien just ripping the
skunk open, to what purpose i dont know.

I am sorry but this video does not proof anything.

Sorry mate

VVV

Who said that this was proof?
Did you even read my post?

There is blood and hair samples found that are to be tested.
A gutted skunk is unusual at best. I was asking for your opinion on the found evidence.

I never said "hey look a Bigfoot attacked a skunk"

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I am no expert, but I read a skunk cannot spray unless it can point it's tail up in the air. I did look up Laingsberg and it was rocky as hell. Looked like a lot of rivers where some farmers had their farms running along. Dense forests creeping up to the completely bare stone mountains.

Seemed that people only lived near the rivers? So how far away was it from you and what color hair did it have?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

This video's intro was a little misleading. As I'm watching... I was thinking that it was filmed somewhere in the Four Corners region of the US. After doing a little checking... apparently in Florida they call Bigfoot the SKUNK APE. So... was this video actually filmed in Florida... and are those Seminole Native Americans who are helping this guy (Dave Shealy) investigate this skunk-in-a-pipe incident???

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Looking at the pipe it seems the holes are the result of the existing square apertures being broken outwards to enlarge them, I think this could not be achieved without the use of some kind of tool evidence of which might be apparent on the broken pieces or the surrounding pipe maybe that is the marks they describe as teeth or claw impressions.

It does beg the question though why would anyone want to go to so much trouble to remove a skunk from a pipe unless of course the skunk was the target and the scent glands that are missing may well be the reason, but the dna tests on the blood samples and hair id would be interesting, are there any animals that will pro-actively hunt a skunk.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

If a skunk can't spray unless it's tail is up in the air... that would be a strong indication that this specific Bigfoot planned to trap that skunk in the pipe to keep from getting sprayed.

BTW... shouldn't this thread be in ATS Skunk Works???

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix
reply to post by Tribble

This video's intro was a little misleading. As I'm watching... I was thinking that it was filmed somewhere in the Four Corners region of the US. After doing a little checking... apparently in Florida they call Bigfoot the SKUNK APE. So... was this video actually filmed in Florida... and are those Seminole Native Americans who are helping this guy (Dave Shealy) investigate this skunk-in-a-pipe incident???

From what I have seen it appears to be filmed in an area bordered by Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado and the people he is interviewing are Navajo.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

(Truthseeker: I have high hopes for this, due to having to cut a few of those pipes myself in my younger years)

I went to look up the four corners I got this New Mexico story on Navajo sightings. The video is good stuff for the whole six min.

There is a Texas Bigfoot falling down! ----It's at 3:20

IMO Their first mistake was sending a large crew to investigate. BF don't like crowds.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Tribble]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was already posted once before two days prior to the OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CheapShotArtist

I did a search prior to posting. I see now that if I just clicked on Cryptology- There are the last threads listed!!! I guess I'm learning.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The only information I believe is worthwhile is the proposed useage of scent gland. Makes sence that this chemical would be used to ward off possible predators,

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Its no problem. These things happen.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

I am no expert, but I read a skunk cannot spray unless it can point it's tail up in the air. I did look up Laingsberg and it was rocky as hell. Looked like a lot of rivers where some farmers had their farms running along. Dense forests creeping up to the completely bare stone mountains.

Seemed that people only lived near the rivers? So how far away was it from you and what color hair did it have?

Firstly i would like to apologize if it seems like i am hijacking this thread, its not my intention. You asked me some details about my sighting and i will now rely my memories from that time.

I have told very few people about these "things" i saw. Only my closest friends, my wife, parents and family i have told. I might get ridiculed or mocked about this, but so be it. I will tell now what i remember.

Although its now over 18 years ago that i saw this, it is still quite vivid in my memories. I have always maintained that should i one day have the money and the time, i would love to go back to the area and do a full on exploration expidition and try and find these things.

My grandma use to give school to some of the farm workers children on the farms in the area. Some days we would go with her to play with the kids. As we were coming back from the school in the late afternoon, we drove the dirt road that we always drove back home. Now remember this is in the middle of nowhere. In the 4 x 4 was myself, my grandma (driving), my brother and my niece, also 3 of the farm workers kids.

Suddenly my grandmom stopped the truck and told us to be dead still. As i looked out the windscreen i saw two huge figures cross the dirt road, from my right side to my left. These 2 figures where huge, i would estimate well over 2 meters tall. They had brown hair, but not to long. The hair covered their whole body. They walked upright like humans do. There was 2 of them. The one slightly smaller than the other. I would assume she was female. The reason i say this is that, she was carrying a baby againts her chest. They walked over the fence on the side of the road, when they reached the middle of the road, the bigger one stopped and turned towards us, where we were sitting in the 4 x 4.
He then turned away and they continued walking, over the opposite fence, and just kept on walking. We watched them until they dissapeared behind a small rocky outcrop.

Now, I live in South Africa, and i know what gorillas or apes or most wildlife looks like. This was like nothing I have ever seen. I remember we were really scared, and my grandmom gave us some sugerwater to drink afterwards "to calm the nerves".

I spoke to my brother and niece again yesterday to ask if they can remember the incident, and they say its not something that they will easily forget.

I believe these things are still there and is possible to find. Its the perfect location for them, there is nothing for hundreds of miles no people, no buildings nothing closeby. Just hilly, rocky mountaines terrain.

I should mention that in that area , it gets really hot, well above 40 celcius.
That might be why the ones i saw looked different to the things i always see in the bigfoot pictures and videos. They are similar, but not quite the same.

This is what i saw and know.
I hope it might give you guys some new insights. Please feel free to ask questions,

VVV

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I am always thrilled when people tell their own actual personal stories...anybody who mocks you, I will put metal in between their ribs.

Could you give some better geographical referents, like, 20 kilometers southeast of Springbok...I'm not asking for GPS, but, it would be good to nail it down a wee bit more...

Again, thanks for sharing...You rock.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I will try my best.

It is about 100 km west of a little town called Ladismith (not Ladysmith), this is in the western cape province. The area is refferred to as the Little Karoo.
It is basically semi desert and very arid and rocky.

I can still find the place if i had to drive to that area again, but since there is no big or important objects or towns close by, its hard to give a reference point.

VVV

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Guys, that's standard poly pipe that we use all the time here. You could easily kick a hole in it with a pair of steel caps. If it's exposed to weather, then it gets very friable and shatters easily. And it's easy to move around by one person.

Cheers
Shane

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join