It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation and some interesting effects I'd like to share - Whats going on?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
(My first thread so please be gentle!)

I have an experience I'd like to share - at the moment I'm getting into meditation with the aim of exploring aspects of my consciousness...

I'm not trying to astral travel per se - although that is my long term goal.

Here goes.

- I've found it more confortable for me to meditate lying down.
- I concentrate on my breathing until my mind is clear; this takes on around 10-20 mins.

- I then have this 'feeling' something I can produce at-will everyday in short bursts - at anytime even without meditation. It feels like a ball in my stomach which radiates out to the tips of my fingers and toes in about a second, its a positive feeling almost like a 'power up'- it feels like 'potential' my heart rate normally increases very rapidly- except if I'm meditating because I'm in control.

- I concentrate on this feeling and allow it to consume my entire torso.
-My legs and arms feel like there's static underneath them making them levitate.

- I start to see colours balls of 'fractals' and ripples its as though I'm travelling towards them.

- My eyes start to twitch uncontrollably - like when you see someone in R.E.M sleep; but I'm fully awake.

- (Now this is a bit wierd) I become arroused, my mind is clear but there is definate physical activity 'down there!' which ends up consuming my entire body.

- That fades a little and I feel as though I've 'lifted above the bed' not far but it definitely feels like a disconnect.

- I now feel like a ball of energy waiting to explode - - bare in-mind that my eyes are still flickering very,very rapidly at this point - its a very intense experience; I can only hold this state for about 20 mins before fatigue occurs.

Afterwards I feel tired but very relaxed, but I've noticed that I can get cold sores for a few days afterwards...but I feel 'great' in my mind.

Any ideas what this experience is?

P.S I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks.

Much appreciated guys.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Kudos for mentioning the arousal, I've experienced this too while meditating, it was a bit surprising at first!!

I have read somewhere that an abundance of chi/qi/whatever you want to call it, can manifest itself as sexual energy. IMO this would go some way to explain characters like Rasputin and Alistaire Crowley being renowned for their sexual appetites.

It sounds like your on the verge of Lucid Dreaming but I'm no expert and haven't got that far yet lol

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This sounds to me like you are experiencing some Kundalini energies. I am currently experiencing K energies also. I would recommend doing some research on K, there are tons of websites out there that will help you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Arousal and the other symptoms you describe are all precursors to going OBE. Sounds fairly typical.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

Greetings OptimusPrimate:

You say that you are laying down while in meditation. This is not true meditation. The bodies spine must be aligned perpendicular with the earth in order for a connection to take place. This is not just my opinion, all great master's, yogi's and guru's through out the ages are in agreement with this. The experience will laying down (however profound to you) is merely a placebo effect of the true experience of meditation. Separation from one's body and the distractions of the mind are your goal. So give yourself the benefit of siting up while you meditate, all though not as comfortable, it is the proper way. Try supporting your back against some thing,(couch, wall, ect) and propping up each leg with a small pillow. This works for me. Remember to get as comfortable as possible.

I have been meditating for just over seventeen months. My experience in the beginning (and even now at times) could become rather strange. Flying through the air can occurred, astral projection, auras in front of your eyes and yes arousal can happen as well. These are mere distractions of the true goal, oneness within your heart and all the universe.

Your expressed feelings of energy build up is good, however the cold sores are a concern. My take on it is a imbalance of the emotional and physical body's.

My intuition is telling me that you listen to your music rather loud with a lot of bass. If this is the case you must review this habit, for it is not conducive to your spiritual well being. It destroys the informational transference within the DNA of your body. It is the spiritual equivalent to setting yourself on fire. If this is not the case please disregard.

For more information on the subject of meditation I suggest these sites.

I you are drawn to do so, read the book, it is very enlightening.
www.thiaoouba.com...

All though expensive, this is well worth the investment in yourself.
www.centerpointe.com...

I pray that you continue on your journey with your heart.

In love and Light and Wisdom
trinity369

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yeah sound like the above posted kundalini awakwening.
Have a look into my Your Spiritual Revolution Thread Series (follow the roman numbers down in my sig) there are some interesting posts i made about this type of meditation.

If you have questions or need advice you can u2u me too if you want.

Oh and i forgot to mention that i meditate since i am ten. So i am far experienced with all the possible stuff, tho...

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

[edit on 3-9-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by trinity369

Thiaouba... oh yeah very good book! you should read it!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I really prefer Hemi-Sync over Holo-sync (Centerpointe). Also books like Astral Dynamics and Mastering Astral Projection are helpful. I disagree with the statement that you have to sit up to experience true meditation. I am physically disabled and cannot maintain sitting up to meditate. I meditate in the Sant Mat /jyoti meditation tradition.

For some insight in a related meditation method:

www.soundcurrentrider.com

new topics

top topics

join