It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham witness Halt "should be ashamed"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
left impressions on the ground and radioactive traces

You do realize that these claims have no basis in reality right?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

No, I don't. I heard about all that many years ago. It's real all right.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't see too much here. Conrad seems to be pretty hot about Halt's claim of a cover-up, which I accept as an honest opinion, but I can't get too worked up over it when you consider the military's long history of cover-ups and whitewashes. The most recent high profile example of this is the death of Pat Tillman in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Well that's not exactly true.

According to Nick pope anyway who knows by far more about this case than the likes of Ian Ridpath for example. (
)

Here's what Pope himself says...

I want now to offer some views on two key aspects of the case that have been further highlighted by the released documents. The first is the issue of the radiation readings taken at the landing site by Staff Sergeant Munro Nevilles, on the orders of Charles Halt. When I re-opened the investigation into the Rendlesham Forest incident in 1994 I contacted Giles Cowling at the Defence Radiological Protection Service (DRPS) and asked that he provide Sec(AS) with an assessment of the radiation readings recorded in Halt’s memo. This assessment was that the readings were ten times what would be expected for the area concerned. As I was subsequently to discover, this assessment was broadly similar to the original assessment from the DIS, which I hadn’t seen at the time. Writing on 23 February 1981 R C Horscroft, ADI/DI52 said “The value of 0.1 milliroentgens (mr), I assume that this is per hour, seems significantly higher than the average background of about 0.015 mr”.

Some questions have been raised about the readings in Halt’s memo. Maybe the dial was misread, and maybe the needle was waving around so much that an accurate measurement was impossible. Well, all I can say to that is “maybe”. But any official assessment has to be based on the data received. It’s also been pointed out that the equipment used was not designed for the task. Short of suggesting that the USAF have a piece of kit designed specifically to measure radiation from UFOs, I’m not sure how to deal with such comments. Of course the equipment wasn’t designed for such a task, so of course it wasn’t ideal. But one can only use the equipment available, so again, we can only analyse the data we have, not the data we’d like to have.

I’ve previously assured people that the radiation at the landing site would have posed no danger to Halt and his team, or to those who subsequently visited the location. Various sceptics have tried to spin this comment into my saying that the radiation readings were low. What I actually said is that they were comparatively low and therefore harmless. They are, however, as both the DIS and DRPS assessments make clear, significantly higher than would have expected. But as I’ve patiently explained to the likes of Ian Ridpath and Professor Frank Close, even this is not the key point. The key point is that the readings peaked in the three depressions in the ground, in the centre of the triangle formed by these depressions, and on the side of one of the trees facing the landing site. In any proper analysis of this, one has to go back to the raw data, and that means looking again at Halt’s memo and the new transcript of Halt’s tape that Georgina Bruni includes in her book, You Can’t Tell The People. On this latter point, another interesting question is what happened to the various soil and sap samples that Halt had his team collect?
(Source)

Not that his word is law or anything of course but it's interesting that he of all people would think something extraordinary happened here given his official position in the government and the access he had to certain files on the case.

Something Ridpath wouldn't have.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Unsurprisingly there seems to have been some involved persons who know the "UFO" story had no basis.

'In addition to those who provided written witness statements, there was another significant participant in the events of Night One: Chris Armold, the USAF law enforcement officer who placed the call to the British police and later went out to see for himself what was happening. James Easton tracked him down in 1997. This is part of what Armold had to tell him:'

If you read the whole interview you'll see that Chris Armold was not actually involved in the UFO sighting. He came along afterwards to inspect the landing site.

Armold describes the landing traces as being like impressions left by a US coffee can - circular and equal. The irony is that while Armold's account is used to dismiss the UFO story, his account goes against the sceptics' theory that rabbits created the landing indentations.

Really? Would you care to explain the USAF's photographs of the landing site then?

If you were referring to the radiation readings, it's not quite that simple I'm afraid. Sgt. Nevels is heard taking readings of "half a millirem" (0.5mR/h). That is five times greater than the reading given in Halt's memo of 0.1mR/h, which was later dismissed by the geiger counter's manufacturer as being insignificant.

Listen to Halt's tape:

Lt. Englund: At, approximately 1.25 hours.
Sgt. Nevels: We're getting ... at, err... a half a millirem.
Lt. Colonel Halt: ...best point, I haven't seen it go any higher.

Additionally, the radiation readings peak on a tree facing the suspected landing site. Coincidence? Again, go back to Halt's tape:

Lt. Colonel Halt: We are getting readings on the tree. You’re taking samples from on the side facing the suspected landing site?
Lt. Englund: Four clicks max.
Lt. Colonel Halt: Up to four. Interesting. That’s right were you’re taking the sample now.
Lt. Englund: Four
Lt. Colonel Halt: That’s the strongest point on the tree?
Sgt. Nevilles: Yes sir, and if you come to the back, there’s no clicks whatsoever.
Lt. Colonel Halt: No clicks at all in the back.

Sgt. Nevilles: Maybe one or two
Lt. Colonel Halt: It’s all on the side facing the …interesting.

No needle deflection at all on the back of the tree, yet the side facing the landing site reads "four clicks".

[edit on 5/9/10 by JH80]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Everyone seems to be speculating

Not everyone speculates, the only people who are speculating about what happened and what they assume to know what those people really saw back then are the ones that weren’t even there.

so here is my own personal speculation of what I think happened:

Yes, they did see something in the woods that night. In my opinion this light was likely a misidentification of the lighthouse and/or a hoax being played on them.

That is exactly what I mean by my remark above, you weren’t even there, but still dismiss and ignore completely all what these eye witnesses at the spot say they saw and experienced back then.

And regarding your remark that this light was likely a misidentification of the lighthouse, I don’t understand why you completely ignore what Charles Halt said about that as you can see in Rising Against earlier post about that.

Originally posted by Rising Against

I'm not sure why you felt the need to be sarcastic like that and completely exaggerate what was truthfully said because he is in fact right. It is true that the people on and around the base would have been familiar with the lighthouse and how it looks from the base and in the forest. Sure there may have been new people on site who saw the light like Penniston for example but someone like Charles Halt Would have been fully familiar with how the lighthouse looks from the base and forest. More so than anyone else present on the 2 (possibly 3) nights perhaps.

He himself even says this about the lighthouse theory.

Charles Halt:

"The whole time this was going on, we could see the lighthouse, the lighthouse was about 33-35 degrees off where this object was this seen....A lighthouse doesn't move through the forest, the lighthouse doesn't go up and down, it doesn't explode, doesn't change shape, size, doesn't send down beams of light from the sky."
(Source)

"I knew where the lighthouse was. This thing was not it. I saw the lighthouse as well but I never mentioned it [on the tape]. Why should I? Everybody present knew what that was!"
(Source)

Regarding your other speculation, the by you assumed possible hoax being played on them.
Which hoax do you mean, perhaps the most ridicules speculation of them all, the joke with an Apollo capsule as you can read here?

rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

After the event I believe some individuals (namely Col. Halt) perhaps realized that the light they had seen were merely the lighthouse and were, as we can imagine, embarrassed they had made such rash judgments that could have endangered their careers.
Understanding this I believe they stuck by the "UFO" story in order to maintain the strangeness of the story, thus deflecting attention away from their judgment and the decisions they made that night.

Well, you are free to believe anything you want of course.

Unsurprisingly there seems to have been some involved persons who know the "UFO" story had no basis.

In addition to those who provided written witness statements, there was another significant participant in the events of Night One: Chris Armold, the USAF law enforcement officer who placed the call to the British police and later went out to see for himself what was happening. James Easton tracked him down in 1997. This is part of what Armold had to tell him:

“I met Burroughs at the East Gate of WB [Woodbridge]. We left our guns with the guy riding with Burroughs and drove to the end of the long access road. We left our vehicle and walked out there.
“There was absolutely nothing in the woods. We could see lights in the distance and it appeared unusual as it was a sweeping light, (we did not know about the lighthouse on the coast at the time). We also saw some strange colored lights in the distance but were unable to determine what they were.
“Contrary to what some people assert, at the time almost none of us knew there was a lighthouse at Orford Ness. Remember, the vast majority of folks involved were young people, 19, 20, 25 years old. Consequently it wasn't something most of the troops were cognizant of. That's one reason the lights appeared interesting or out of the ordinary to some people.”

Well, as I said earlier, you are free to believe anything you want, but so am I, and my opinion about that what you posted there, is in my opinion exactly about what Lt Col Halt did speak of in his statement.

“and that the security services of both the United States and the United Kingdom have attempted – both then and now – to subvert the significance of what occurred at Rendlesham forest and RAF Bentwaters by the use of well-practiced methods of disinformation.”

drdavidclarke.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ignore this post. I'm a moron.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

According to Nick pope anyway who knows by far more about this case than the likes of Ian Ridpath for example. (
)

Ian Ridpath has been researching this story since it occurred and, as far as I know, for a longer time than Nick Pope. His site is meticulously researched and has the most information available on the case. He offers compelling and plausible explanations for all of the claims and he shows that certain parts of the story either never happened or were subject to gross exaggeration after the "incident". If you decide to disregard it because it doesn't prop up your fantasies then that is your problem.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Turiddu]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi IsaacKoi, in my first post at your thread I said; I am not surprised at all by this IsaacKoi, but I am only curious what your personal opinion is about this.

So, are you willing to give me your personal opinion and view about Col Conrad's reaction on Lt Col Halt’s statement?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
So, are you willing to give me your personal opinion and view about Col Conrad's reaction on Lt Col Halt’s statement?

Sure, if you really want another personal opinion. Personal opinions are cheap within ufology - it's facts that are in short supply...

I just need to check a few things first and don't have all the relevant books at hand. I should be able to get back to you in this thread in the next day or so.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

If you decide to disregard it because it doesn't prop up your fantasies then that is your problem.

I'm not disregarding anything, why are you determined to believe I'm purposefully disregarding information? As I've said before, I'm writing what I write because as far as I'm aware it's the truth.

Personally I don't rate ridpath very highly at all and I think he's determined to Not believe something happened here, no matter what. but that's just my opinion.

If you think otherwise then prove it to me.

All I want to do is find out the truth about this case, and I'm sure you are too. You know, not everything is a conspiracy and not everyone is desperately trying to back up there points without any real basis here.

We’re all looking to find out what truthfully happened. That’s all.

I just don’t get why people are desperate to believe others purposefully ignore information so easily.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I edited this post because it was unnecessary.

[edit on 6/9/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I've edited my post now.

Thanks for making me feel dumb. Appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

No thanks.

I did not see on time that you edited your post and that was because of this.
I stated in my profile page part “More Stuff You Should Know”.

My speed to formulate a full reply in English equals the speed of a very fast snail.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This was one of the pictures of the landing traces.

This is what the witnesses described.

No, I just don't believe it was a light house, ice cream truck or police car. I have no idea what it was or where it came from, but I don't believe it was any of those things. I just plain don't believe it.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by witness63]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

)

Ian Ridpath has been researching this story since it occurred and, as far as I know, for a longer time than Nick Pope. His site is meticulously researched and has the most information available on the case. He offers compelling and plausible explanations for all of the claims and he shows that certain parts of the story either never happened or were subject to gross exaggeration after the "incident". If you decide to disregard it because it doesn't prop up your fantasies then that is your problem.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Turiddu]

With respect that is complete and utter garbage. Ridpath is a total and utter believer in his own veracity and lives in a world where it's perfectly ok to ignore large chunks of evidence and simply make things up when the facts don't fit his view of the universe. His site is a mish mash of selective evidence, half truths and downright lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Personal opinions are cheap within ufology - it's facts that are in short supply...

You are right with that.

But I only ask someone’s opinion about certain things if I have the feeling that his/her opinion has value to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

reply to post by FireMoon

Here's another reason why I've lost faith in Ridpath as a reliable researcher and why I don’t rate his opinion as high as others. Especially someone like Nick pope for example.

The BBC’s article entitled “The truth is not out there” has sparked uproar among the Rendlesham witnesses.

The article, which was also broadcast as a radio segment, follows Evan Davis into Rendlesham forest to “investigate” the Rendlesham case. Davis is accompanied by noted skeptic, Ian Ridpath, and Mark Pilkington. The group observe satellites, glow worms, and of course the Orford Ness lighthouse, which is apparently all it takes for Davis to conclude: “mystery explained.”
(Source)

And ofcourse this section from the men, including ridpath, which is completely ridiculous to say the least.

‘But when you look at them individually, the bright light flashing away across the field was the Orford Ness lighthouse; the bright lights that hovered in the sky for several hours were in fact bright stars.’ Mystery explained. It was an easy mistake for young Americans a long way from home to make.”

They're practically calling the airmen morons here and IMO it's quite disrespectful and a blatant attempt at discrediting them.

Anyway, here’s what Jim Pennistons himself says about this claim by the so called "researchers".

“Thanks for the info on the “fringe” Rendlesham debunkers. I am not sure what the motivation is. Can’t they get on TV or do a radio show on anything other than Rendlesham. Well I believe that they concentrate on Rendlesham, because after …30 years of scrutiny and debunking they still cant disprove it. You would think a debunker worth his salt, could put this to rest and disprove the evidence which has been released. Maybe they need more time, how about another thirty years!

Even the United State Air Force has not discredited or debunked this case, and people should ask why they haven’t, they (the USAF) has readily gone after the rest, including Roswell, but, not Rendlesham. Why would that be?? Myself and the other witnesses have repeatedly offered to debate debunkers on television.

They all have responded with deaf ears and silence. After all it would be safe for them to do that, would it not? The burden of proof is on us, not them. With that said, I would have no problem going one on one with them. Or maybe it is just a waste of time to do even that. I suggest, they can’t handle the overwhelming evidence in that type of forum. Instead they have taken a sliver of information and have tailored it to meet their needs. If they only knew what those Top Secret United States documents said. Then that would be the end of that!
(Source)

(follow the link to read the rest of what he says.

Now, If you want to follow and believe in Ridpath then please go ahead but it's things like this which make me roll my eyes everytime I hear his name mentioned, especially when it's used as a potential worthy counter argument.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well you certainly wrote much but you did nothing to discredit or offer compelling reasons not to believe what he has written on his site and then you try to turn his own words against him to describe him wrongly as "disrespectful" and whatnot. All you did was repeat the same old claims of the "believers", claims that are designed to divert attention away from the stone cold fact that much of this story does not add up and involve major contradictions. USAF personnel themselves have stated that many of the airman at the base were perhaps not familiar with the lighthouse.

Yes Jim Penniston, the same Jim Penniston who claimed to have examined the "craft" for 45 minutes whilst others deny that happened. The same witness who claimed to have carried a notebook with him drawing the "craft" when he clearly did not.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Turiddu]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Well you certainly wrote much but you did nothing to discredit or offer compelling reasons not to believe what he has written on his site and then you try to turn his own words against him to describe him wrongly as "disrespectful" and whatnot.

No you're wrong here I'm afraid.

And I'm not really sure how you can't see what was said about the air men was being disrespectful, I mean they're practically being called idiots by the “researchers” from this utterly ridiculous report and it's clearly a ploy to discredit them.

If you can't see that then I suggest your opinion on the subject is clouding your judgement as it's the most obvious attempt at discrediting a witnesses that I’ve possibly ever seen.

They say that they mistook bright lights in the sky for merely stars which is just ridiculous.

They claim they themselves have solved this mystery once and for all when that is clearly false otherwise this thread wouldn’t be here in the first place.

The whole thing is ludicrous.

Anyway this is why I don’t like and don’t trust Ridpath, something which I made clear at the beginning of my previous post, So I'm really not sure at all why you decided to bring up his website here in all honesty as that's not what I was discussing.

You also say I did nothing to discredit his website and well yes, you’re correct as again that’s not what I was discussing and I'm not sure why you brought this up still.

And No, I'm not attempting to use his words against him, but you can't deny this report, one which is ridiculous and is an obvious attempt at discrediting these airmen. So yes IMO, they are being disrespectful, if you don’t agree with that then please do change my opinion.

All you did was repeat the same old claims of the "believers", claims that are designed to divert attention away from the stone cold fact that much of this story does not add up and involve major contradictions.

Again, you're incorrect.

And So (from what I got from your comment above, because the claims don't fit into what you believe in MUST mean they're the ones that are incorrect and they're the ones that divert attention away from what's truthfully right?

That doesn’t make much sense.

And what's wrong with repeating the same old claims out of curiosity? They are repeated for a very good reason after all......It’s because they make sense. Also, you seem to be repeating the same old counter arguments against the claims so complaining about such a thing seems very hypocritical, so how can you complain about this in such a way?

In reality it appears that you're position is in fact what doesn't add up here, not mine.

USAF personnel themselves have stated that many of the airman at the base were perhaps not familiar with the lighthouse.

I know, I've mentioned this myself previously in this thread. So I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring it up.

Yes Jim Penniston, the same Jim Penniston who claimed to have examined the "craft" for 45 minutes whilst others deny that happened. The same witness who claimed to have carried a notebook with him drawing the "craft" when he clearly did not.

These are Ridpath claims are they not? and Ridpath also claims here that no one else saw the craft but instead just lights which is, this being from Ridpath, is incorrect.

Here's what Burroughs drew, one which shows lights and a clear mechanically object as well.

So Burroughs and Penniston, the 2 men who went into investigate while Cabansag and Chandler stayed behind in 2 separate locations both seemingly claim it was an object.

Not just Penniston himself like you say.

All of this is just from the first night, the second one is where the events turn into the complete bizzare IMO.

Especially as they saw beams coming from the sky, something I’d be interested in hearing your opinion of in all honesty.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Rising Against]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join