It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police nab puppy killer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I know I got into trouble for going down a similar path in another recent thread, but may I just ask why you'd think it was ''fair enough'' to kill lambs, piglets and calves in this way, but not puppies ?

Jesus bloody christ posts like this # me.

DO YOU EAT THOSE ANIMALS or do it for fun and giggles?

The puppies were not killed for any reason other than to satisfy a retarded 12 year old idiots lust for torture. NOTHING MORE.

When will people stop equating the barbaric slaughter of the foods we eat (due to complacency and silver spoon mentality) with the outright torture and suffering of innocent animals. -- It takes a whole new breed of subhuman scum to inflict this sort of thing for nothing more than a few laughs on the internet.

Christ, Every god damned thread........

If you eat it, you can kill it. If you just want to have a laugh, IT IS WRONG.

GET IT NOW?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I enjoy eating dead animals like cows, sheep, lambs, etc.

I enjoy it dammit! Do I get arrested for enjoying the slaughter of animals?

Did you know most farmers back in the day would do these sorts of things?

If you do it for fun and giggles, then you bloody well should.

This world is full of utter imbeciles I swear..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Why is there an internet army formed because she drowned puppies whereas if she drowned spiders nothing would happen?

You are so lost.

The internet isn't upset simply because she drowned puppies. The internet is upset because she filmed herself drowning puppies and posted it for everyone to see. Why in the hell would she do that? Not out of necessity, to be sure.

People are also upset because she just threw them into the river one by one, likely causing an extended period of stress to the pups before their death. Yes, people in rural areas and probably cities have utilized drowning as a means of disposing of unhealthy or unwanted animals for ever, but usually it is a done in the quickest way possible, and they don't film it.

I was shocked last month to discover a bunch of hairless, blind, newly born rats in my compost bin. After the initial horror, i rounded them up, quickly drowned them, and then buried them. I did not film it. The mother got away before I could think about what to do about her.

I hope you can see the distinction between doing what is necessary and making a public display out of it for sick reasons.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I don't have an hour to watch a PETA propaganda film. I will assume you don't eat meat, ingest dairy products of any kind, don't wear leather (wallet, shoes, belt etc) have nothing that contains wool, silk. I guess all your clothing is cotton or hemp so my question is what about the poor plants that are harvested for the goods you buy? I have to go, I'm a vet tech and have to get to work.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I enjoy eating dead animals like cows, sheep, lambs, etc.

I enjoy it dammit! Do I get arrested for enjoying the slaughter of animals?

Did you know most farmers back in the day would do these sorts of things?

Where do you get these statistics? Most farmers I know would have humanely killed the puppies. Just because some farmers in the past may have resorted to cruelty doesn't mean that all did. Farmers, too, are capable of comprehending that animals feel pain and fear. Farmers are capable of having ethics.

Like it or not, dogs rank highly in most human cultures. People can argue till they're blue in the face that we kill all sorts of animals, but almost since the dawn of man our dogs have been at our sides actively participating in our lives and our evolution. There is good reason that so many of us feel strongly about dog abuse.

Even the ancient Egyptians prized the birth of a litter of greyhounds higher than the birth of a daughter.

I couldn't read the original thread on this topic but hopefully the girl gets some sort of punishment or therapy.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

or using anything that has been made by and with oil , for there to be oil there has had to some sort of life or living thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Thank you for adding to my point. BTW yes I do eat meat etc but dogs/cats are not food animals.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I was gardening the other day and came across a really big wolf spider.

I hate spiders, deadly afraid of them and this one was a big sucker.

I was down on my knees, weeding like a banshee and came face to face with this creature. I could see it's little eyes, all 6-8 of them looking at me.

The thing actually had an expression on it's little face.

I left it in it's little corner as long as he/she stays in the corner we will coexist just fine.

We, all of us are no less valuable. Spiders included.

Another spider story, years back I saw a spider crawl across the floor in our downstairs family room. I let out a blood curdling scream for my husband to come kill it............the poor little thing actually started shaking, it knew it's little life was almost over.

Yes the thing started shaking........so I'm thinking maybe spiders too, maybe most life has some sort of consciousness, we humans are just too preoccupied and arrogant to realize this.

Now dogs, don't get me started........I saw the video and those pups were black and white with floppy ears, almost like my English Pointer who just passed away July 18 at the age of 19-20.

Don't get me started.

Dogs, of all animals have helped man, they befriended man and truely are our species best friend.

They hunt along side of us, care for our handicap, keep us warm on a cold night, never devulge our secrets to anyone. Even if they could, I don't think they would. A dog will never betray your trust. They love us no matter what we look like, weigh, or how much money and power we have, or don't have........they are able to love unconditionally, which is a very rare quality.

Many humans are not capable of unconditional love.

In my book, dogs are quite special. (I also love cats) but dogs are my favorite species to live with.

My dog had a soul, more of a soul than most people I have encountered. And if there is such a thing as ascension, he has gone onto, I hope a peaceful and happy place. He was smart, kind, loving and I was very privledged to have been allowed 15 years of sharing my life with him.

Odie 1990/91 - July 18, 2010

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by zerbot565

Thank you for adding to my point. BTW yes I do eat meat etc but dogs/cats are not food animals.

Actually anything becomes a food animal when people become hungry enough. Starving armies have often eaten their own horses and donkeys, and people themselves stranded in extreme circumstances have been known to eat one another.

For the record not every place and community in the world has a choice of three well stocked and sparkling clean supermarkets to pick from, and dozens of restuarants.

In fact as much of a 1/3 or the world's population survives on less than a handful of rice a day, and that is often the product of charity.

People in relatively affluent impoverished countries like Cuba often have their horses, donkeys, dogs, cats, chickens and pigs sleep in the house with them at night, so they don't end up food for an under nourished population that doesn't have the shopping options you might enjoy or the money in their pocket to enjoy them.

Stories like this in fact could help many people become more aware of the true nature of the world we all share if and when you can get beyond your singular focus on emotional indignation.

It is our world, and 1/3 of the population does exist on less than a handful of rice each day because we not only ALL allow it but seem to ALL PREFER it be that way.

By the way try growing a vegan diet in an arid dessert where drinking water is hard to find.

You too might be saying "How much is that doggie in the window!"

[edit on 3/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

A very good and wise post.

Yes every day tens of thousands of humans die each day from starvation and most of them are children.

No one should be abusing anyone or anything else.

And everyone should share and play nice.

Kevin Carter was a South African photojournalist. The picture of the vulture stalking a starving girl is real and was taken in Sudan in 1993.

He was awarded the Pulitzer prize in May of 1994 for the picture.

Two months later he connected a hose to the exhaust pipe of his pickup truck and committed suicide.

His long time friend Judith Matloff wrote in the Columbia Journalism review that Carter was the kind of person who seemed more affected by some of the violent events he photographed.

She says that he would often return from upsetting assignments with bouts of crying, drinking, or using drugs. She says that after he shot his Pulitzer prize winning picture, he "sat under a tree and cried and chain-smoked" and couldn't distance himself from the horror of what he saw.

He was criticized for not helping the girl in the picture and said he did not know what happened to her.

Source: Lost but here is a good link to snopes with a message of what Mr. Carter wrote in his diary shortly before his suicide. www.snopes.com...

I also read that Mr. Carter said, he couldn't help her, she was just one of many many children like that.

All life is precious. We are all in this 3d reality together and getting back to those poor puppies, that girl that did this was only 12.

Something is drastically wrong with our world when a 12 year old has gone this far off track.

We are all our brothers keepers and until we all become service to others vs service to self this kind of thing will continue and get worse.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The question is still this:

Supposing she was flinging spiders or cockroaches into the river and recorded that instead, would she still get the same global response? My bet is on no.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by 547000]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

All life is precious. We are all in this 3d reality together and getting back to those poor puppies, that girl that did this was only 12.

Excellent post and perhaps metaphorically this girl was displaying her own youthful perspective of the world, one where suddenly and without warning you can be plucked from the relative safety of your cozy little home and tossed into the speeding current of events beyond your control.

Events like bombs dropping from the sky, unmanned aerial drones machine gunning your relatives at a wedding, corrupt politicians who sell out a people’s resources for a pittance to international corporations who then rape and plunder them for their own profit, jackbooted thugs that steal away some loved one because they smoked the wrong plant or spoke about the wrong politicians in the wrong way.

Aren’t we in many ways like these puppies being jerked about tossed up in the air and plunged into the current of rapidly changing circumstances that render us as powerless as those puppies as we struggle to stay afloat in circumstances drowning us in poverty, violence and despair.

Maybe this little girl was trying to tell us all something that she doesn’t even know how to express, but instead mimics it in actions too few of us have the wisdom or inclination to want to even try to understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I didn't see the video, but after reading I don't want or need to. Unwanted animals seems to be an epidemic that people just don't want to fix, and it is just that FIXABLE. If you don't want puppies/kittens then get the animal fixed, can't afford to? then are you really in a position to own the animal because unseen costs do come up. If they can't charge the girl how about the parents?
I understand that it is a fine line for some between what happened here and killing for food, but there is a difference. (and yes I am an animal lover) This was torture, farms kill quickly. If this family was in a country that eats dogs and had done it humainly we wouldn't be talking about it but this was a senseless killing. What's next for this kid a younger sibling she doesn't want?
There is too much abuse all around, and the next generation doesn't look like it's going to get any better =(

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Why? Because spiders don't feel pain? Some people have pet spiders ya know?

Every time you are swatting a fly you are killing it.

Puppys, dogs, kittens and other animals like them show affection and humans generally form a affectionate bond with them. To compare a spider and a puppy is like comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by frimilden

Why? Because spiders don't feel pain? Some people have pet spiders ya know?

Every time you are swatting a fly you are killing it.

Puppys, dogs, kittens and other animals like them show affection and humans generally form a affectionate bond with them. To compare a spider and a puppy is like comparing apples and oranges.

Good point. Finally someone who answers what I need to know. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I did not read through all of the replies but am I the only one who thinks this whole ordeal is an example of just how bassackwards the thoughts of the collective are.

This video is posted earlier this week(?) and by the end of the week due to the "outrage" felt around the world the girl is picked up and will be dealt with.

Um.....where is the outrage over the illegal wars, genocide, starvation, unwarranted sanctions and economic destruction of people around the world?

Where is the outrage over what wikileaks has exposed? The slaughter of innocent civilians including children.

A bucket full of puppies and people demand justice. Millions of humans and nothing.

This planet cannot blowup soon enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pacal Votan

Star for you too.

No, you are not the only one.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by 547000]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Animals are always on the bad side of human cruelty,

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Maybe this little girl was trying to tell us all something that she doesn’t even know how to express, but instead mimics it in actions too few of us have the wisdom or inclination to want to even try to understand.

Excellent post Proto, she may very well be trying to tell us something, messages come to us in ways we cannot imagine, my hope is that the populace is listening.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist

That girl who threw those puppies into a river has been identified and caught.

This video caused an outrage amongst animal lovers online (myself included).

When I was reading the thread on this the other day, some folk stated that this was common practice among farmers. Fair enough, you have a lot of animals to feed, food costs money.

That being said, I still think it was a disgusting act and the fact that they posted it on Youtube tells me that they got a kick out of drowning these puppies and seemed almost proud of what they did.

These people could have dealt with this situation a little more tactfully imo.

www.fudzilla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

it really is common practice for the most part, but your right, to film it then put it online, just #ed up.

my brother is law used to throw the puppies up against the back of his barn. when he was a kid, because they couldnt keep them. (dont worry hes not a serial killer) but in his defense they were newborns and hadnt even opened there eyes yet.

the puppies in the video looked to be atleast a month or 2 old.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join