It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC 'Protein' shrimp water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Invisible shrimp could very well be living in every drop of water you drink--but that's OK, they're nothing to worry about.

New York City's drinking water is a point of pride for natives. Never mind that in practice, depending on your building, it can come out of the tap with a tinny aftertaste or, at least at our last apartment, with a light sprinkling of unidentified white particles that settled and dissolved in about a minute. The problem: tiny harmless creatures called copepods.

Here's the funny part:

"But besides a serious “ick” factor, the copepods are technically crustaceans, which means they aren’t kosher for the city’s large Orthodox, observant Jewish population".

Source

I guess that's why it tastes so good and i rarely get hungry anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There was already a thread like this, and I would take those things over chemicals any day.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What is wrong with those Americans!

There is even food in the friggin water supply!? No wonder they have so many obese people over there XD

That cant be healthy right? little buggers in the water...[sarcasm] hmm sounds delicious! [/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have tons of these living in my saltwater reef tank. All the fish seem to love them, in fact buying them frozen is about 30 cents per cube. I hate to imagine the number of them I've swallowed starting siphons to perform water changes.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see what the water is like in other parts of the world.

new topics

top topics

join