It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped Chilean Miners Denied Pay While Underground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The 33 men trapped 2,258 feet below ground in a Chilean mine recently found out that they would be receiving no pay from the company responsible for their ordeal.

Union official Evelyn Olmos stated that San Esteban, the company that operates the mine, has said it has no money to pay their wages and absorb lawsuits, and is not even participating in the rescue

Source: www.care2.com...

This is shocking. The company responsible should be forced to pay the miners no matter what, they deserve much more!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
That's what you get when you have no government regulations to protect workers or assure their safety.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If that's the case, that company can't expect to be anything but dissolved... and their assets sold to pay the workers. I guess this means that the company didn't have any form of insurance to cover such an occurrence, and therefore, should never have been allow to operate.

iRM 2.0

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

That's what you get when you have no government regulations to protect workers or assure their safety.

The people who have money don't care. The people who have no money will believe anything to get some money. The people who have the money will say anything to get and keep the money.

That's how they got thier money.

It's survival of the fittest and right now the trapped mine workers are in no position to negotiate.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

If that's the case, that company can't expect to be anything but dissolved... and their assets sold to pay the workers.

They are probably too big to fail.

So that means the Chilean government will give money to the mine owners to keep them afloat. The mine owners assume no risk and reap all rewards.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

How I see it, some one should and has to step in. Even if it has to be taken to the UN, these men should be compensative for every day they are trapped.

The mine should have never been opened in the first place.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger

How I see it, some one should and has to step in. Even if it has to be taken to the UN

Apparently Hilary Clinton would like to see the state of Arizona taken to the UN for Human Rights abuses for enforcing the US-Mexico border.

What do you think of that?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by In nothing we trust

Odd to say the least. Considering I fail to see what the violation of Human Rights in Arizona actually is, and is yet to be deciphered.

edit for spelling.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by NeutronAvenger]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Well, since the thread is about the miners, the company will and should be dissolved and the assets distributed to the workers.

Now, the outcome will probably be the money will go to the government and the lawyers. They have to get their cut first.

As for you two members talking about Arizona.

Hillary and the Obama Administration have just proven their involvement in the Globalist agenda. The UN has no authority in the confines of the US. Period. They have no authority within any sovereign bordered country.

Has the Administration just admitted the UN is running the US?

As for the charge, did you two not know that Future Crime is now under the perview of law? It is not just actual crime but possible future crime.

I guess it is completely lawful for Mexico and the Globalists within our own government to destroy the US for the GREATER GOOD. I do not know what that is, maybe some day a TRUE reporter could ask the question.

I would not hold my breath. Did a thread on that discussion here-

Proof Obama is a globalist-Video

Not very many responses.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Whilst it may be unusual in today's world, similar injustices have often happened.

During World War 2, the wives of British Merchant Seamen would pick up their husbands wages from the local company offices. Once word reached the company that a vessel had been sunk they would figure out a time and date of the sinking (easy to do with vessels in convoy). The pay of any seamen on board the vessel would be stopped from that exact moment and outstanding wages would be calculated to that particular time, paid to the family and the bad news delivered.

This happened whether the seamen was confirmed dead, missing or alive. If the seaman was subsuquently rescued his pay would only resume once he returned back to his home port, checked in with the company and joined a new vessel.

Are we particularly surprised that workers rights in South America are equivalent to those in Britain 65 years ago?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger

How I see it, some one should and has to step in. Even if it has to be taken to the UN

Apparently Hilary Clinton would like to see the state of Arizona taken to the UN for Human Rights abuses for enforcing the US-Mexico border.

I think your threadjacking with a neocon false spin on a simple clerical truth..

Meanwhile, back to the actual topic....

[edit on 3-9-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
When the miners get out they should throw the owners down in the mine for a couple of months until they feel like signing some checks.

Bloody creeps!

top topics

join