It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NY Mosque Controversy. Summed Up In One Picture.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

No you're right Christians go on crusades (think Iraq), Catholic priests abuse kids and Islam kills all who go against the faith.

There's bad in all of us, but thankfully only a small percentage.

link   

FYI, I've been living in the UK for almost 5 years, never had an issue with a Muslim...and last I checked Sharia law has ZERO influence on me over here. And UK law overrides anything anyways.

I suggest you research a bit before making baseless statements

link   

The Geert Wilders speech relies on the assumption that what happened in Europe will happen in the U.S., ignoring the fact that the socioeconomics and demographics of the Islamic population in the U.S. is very different from that in Europe, and also ignoring the fact that the ghettoization of Muslims in places like France may well have been a major contributing factor in problems there.

In other words, apples and oranges.

link   
What boggles my mind is... the staunch defense of the Mosque by liberals when Islam is dead set against most of what the liberals stand for.

You may mention moderates... The problem I have with moderate Muslims is that they don't reign in the radical Muslims.

Actually 9/11 exposed the fact that many moderate Muslims in fact support the radical agenda. That is because the radical agenda of Islam taking over the world by any means is part of the religion!

I personally lost Muslim friends from 9/11 when I realized they supported the bombing of the towers.

In some places they were literally dancing in the streets. and this is a fact!

So it gives true cause for concern.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie

Secondly I could care less what the bible thinks about stonings. Christians don't stone people today, Muslims however do.
[edit on 3-9-2010 by wakeUpOrDie]

Nope they just bomb buildings and shoot doctors. It's America after all, stones are so passe.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I disagree. I think the U.S. and western European countries are similar enough that its like comparing apples to apples when it comes to the Islaminization of said Western republics.

You are making an assumption in your statement yourself, assuming those factors are enough to make a difference. Try again.

Originally posted by americandingbat

The Geert Wilders speech relies on the assumption that what happened in Europe will happen in the U.S., ignoring the fact that the socioeconomics and demographics of the Islamic population in the U.S. is very different from that in Europe, and also ignoring the fact that the ghettoization of Muslims in places like France may well have been a major contributing factor in problems there.

In other words, apples and oranges.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Condemning a whole people?

Islam isn't a race, it is a religion.

These people can stop praying daily to a man who conquered and raped their ancestors centuries ago.

You can stop being a Muslim as easily as you can stop being a Catholic, except you have to worry abut being murdered by local radicals if you stop being a Muslim, especially if you are a woman.

Ah yes, so how dare we protest.

You want to see a bigot, go look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Ask yourself one question:

How does an Islamic Community Centre in New York directly affect how you live your life? Will you be worse off?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
It's a fight between the logical and illogical.

all fights are a fight between logical and illogical

problem is, everyone is sure they are on the logical side

You're right.

And the ones who support the Constitution are the logical ones. Let the Culture Center be built and let's get this argument over with.

link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have asked another poster the same question.

How does the Islamic Community Centre in New York directly affect your life? What freedoms will you lose?

link   
reply to post by poet1b

I never said you can't protest (although you keep on repeating that like a parrot)...just that your reasoning is dumb

Oh, and how is condemning a whole people based on religion rather than race any better? Last I checked the Jews weren't a race either in WW2, they were all of the same religion, but from many different countries.

What's next? Wanna label Muslims by forcing them to wear some sort of sign...like...oh, I dunno...a star attached to their clothes. Oh, wait, that's been taken already! I'm sure you'll come up with something else

Look, in the end it's really simple:

A) You support the constitution and therefore religious freedom => you are in favor of the mosque.
B) You spit on the constitution, liberties, and freedom of religion => you are against the mosque.

Pick your option, because that's what it comes down to.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Condemning a whole people?

Islam isn't a race, it is a religion.

So, because they are a religion, they somehow are not a whole sect of society? ( A pretty large one at that?)

These people can stop praying daily to a man who conquered and raped their ancestors centuries ago.

I've gonna venture a guess, and say that the Western "God" has also conquered and raped our ancestors on multiple occasions. Don't try and paint your religion as any less bloody than theirs.

You can stop being a Muslim as easily as you can stop being a Catholic, except you have to worry abut being murdered by local radicals if you stop being a Muslim, especially if you are a woman.

Please. Cause America has so many Muslim Radicals running around. How is it any more dangerous for Women if you're going to be murdered anyway? Come on now, argue with some sense.

~Keeper

[edit on 9/3/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Ever think that if they had a mosque or a church they might not need the drugs and hookers?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by earthdude]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes because its one more step in Islam, which is a violent ideology based on a pedophile, gaining more of a foothold in America.

Also 70% of the population is against it.

If it offends the 9/11 families as well, then again yes, that would bother me if its built.

Do you think its fishy that they call it the 'Cordoba House' where Islam conquered part of Spain and built a mosque at the site of that victory?

They might tell you they call it that because its where the peoples 'intermingled'. Yeah ask those that were conquered.

They are just planting a flag at the site of another victory.

Doesn't any of that bother you at all?

Originally posted by LarryLove

Ask yourself one question:

How does an Islamic Community Centre in New York directly affect how you live your life? Will you be worse off?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Secondly I could care less what the bible thinks about stonings. Christians don't stone people today, Muslims however do.
[edit on 3-9-2010 by wakeUpOrDie]

Nope they just bomb buildings and shoot doctors. It's America after all, stones are so passe.

Actually Christians have bombed more buildings and shot more doctors.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by earthdude]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm not arguing one way or another because I believe both sides make good points, but that picture (typical propaganda) in the OP is deceiving. It makes it seem like the mosque is a long way away from the WTC site.

Here is where it really is... Is is the old Burlington Coat Factory building.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a42bc2444b6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

And what happened in India, and Africa, and central asia, and is starting in Australia.

It doesn't take a stretch of the imagination.

It isn't taking Europe long to wake up.

Sadly, the way things are going, the only way to turn things around will to remember our barbaric past. Muslims are betting that Europeans will never go to the level they are willing to sink. They need to reconsider, because that is a bet they are going to lose.

link   

I disagree. I think the U.S. and western European countries are similar enough that its like comparing apples to apples when it comes to the Islaminization of said Western republics.

You are making an assumption in your statement yourself, assuming those factors are enough to make a difference. Try again.

I'd rather just agree to disagree for the purpose of this thread. If you don't think that a different socioeconomic reality and differences in how Muslims are treated in a country will make a difference in the potential for radicalization of those Muslims, then you don't. I think it makes a huge difference.

I think that Geert Wilders' claims about the "Islamicization of Europe" are exaggerated xenophobic nonsense to begin with, and I think that his fears are totally irrelevant to the proposed center near the WTC site.

link   

Yes because its one more step in Islam, which is a violent ideology based on a pedophile, gaining more of a foothold in America.

Pedophilia? an Intolerant Ideology? Prone to violence by it's most extreme followers? Are you sure you are not talking about Christianity?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I still haven't seen any conclusive evidence that building a mosque will directly lead to more terrorist attacks.

However, there are plenty of mosques in that area already, so I don't see the need to build yet another one. This would be a bad business move more than anything else.

Saying that it would be offensive to somebody's sensibilities is in itself offensive to good Muslims.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join