It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NY Mosque Controversy. Summed Up In One Picture.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

People weren't bothered by Islam, until Islam started bothering people.

People who choose to belong to a religion responsible for wide spread terrorism around the planet, have no one but themselves to blame for the growing resentment around the planet, against their religion, and so against those who continue to embrace a religion so closely tied to continuous horrendous acts against humanity.

I have no more sympathy for them than I do members of the KKK.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I spit spit on the constitution for standing up for the right of people to protest the building of a mosque near ground zero for 9/11?

You are the one spitting on the Constitution, and the beliefs on which this nation was founded.

Why do you support a religion whose beliefs and goals are are to destroy the principles of freedom on which the U.S. was founded?

Where do they back off to? Places of worship far less obvious would be a start.

Why are Christian church so numerous? First of all, because Christianity was the main religion of the people who founded the U.S.. Secondly, because Christianity isn't starting wars all over the planet, and carrying out terrorist attacks.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

So in your opinion all Muslims are comparable to the KKK? Now you're showing your true colors. No point in discussing with a racist

It's nice you're defending people's right to voice their opinion and use their right of free speech...doesn't change the fact that their opinion is based on racism and bigotry. And apparently people you support have to be Christians or they don't deserve the same rights...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If you are one of the folks that believe that Muslims were behind the 9/11 attacks, which I am, though I do believe possibly our government knew it was coming and didn't do anything about it, that may also be a reason it's bothering a lot of people. It's kind of like the Nazis putting a Nazi Headquarters next to Auschwitz if you ask me.

Yes you have freedom of religion and I know that pure Islam (non-radical etc) is a peaceful religion, but it was still their people (Muslims) that were behind the attacks and personally feel it should be put somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

People who choose to belong to a religion responsible for wide spread terrorism around the planet, have no one but themselves to blame for the growing resentment around the planet, against their religion, and so against those who continue to embrace a religion so closely tied to continuous horrendous acts against humanity.

And many Americans either forgot or simply do not know that the Muslim community, from Brooklyn to Baghdad, were dancing and celebrating at the success of 9/11. This isn't about religeous freedom. It's about putting a stop to ppl who want to slit your infadel throat. Wake up guys.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Minimizing freedom for any group, as a means of protecting freedom is like burning your own house down so that nobody can rob it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Does allowing your clergy, by the thousands, to molest and abuse children and then covering it up count as widespread "horrendous acts against humanity"??

In 2001, major lawsuits emerged in the United States and Ireland, alleging that some priests had sexually abused minors and that their superiors had conspired to conceal and otherwise abet their criminal misconduct.[8] In 2004, the John Jay report tabulated a total of 4,392 priests and deacons in the U.S. against whom allegations of sexual abuse have been made.

11,000-odd allegations, 6,700 were investigated and substantiated[13] against 1,872 priests,[14] and another 1,000 were unsubstantiated[13] against 824 priests.[14] The remaining 3,300 allegations were not investigated because the priests involved had died by the time the allegations were made.

Or do only old fashioned acts of terrorism count?

Christian Terrorism
en.wikipedia.org...

Just looking for clarity on what the prequisites are for condemning an entire religion based on the actions of a few.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

That's exactly the issue. Christians need to get off their high horse of moral superiority! If they want to apply certain standards on people of other religions, they should face the same scrutiny.

Which means: No more Christian churches next to schools and kindergardens!!

Of course that would be ridiculous...but no more ridiculous than protesting against that mosque.

The growing racism in the US is a worrying trend

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Which is why I am protesting with Priest Off:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I had never seen that christian terrorism Wikipedia link before. Sadly all religious groups seem to be capable at times of heinous acts (yes even non religious groups like atheists). I do not think we should use the worst examples of a group as a general consensus that ALL members of that group act in such a way.

Even buddhism was twisted and manipulated to justify the acts of kamikaze and suicide attacks that the Japanese did during World War 2.

Let that not be used as the example of what all Buddhists believe.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

With respect, you haven't really answered my question about protesting one mosque and not the other. I am willing to bet that this would have been a non-issue to you if right-wing stooges like Beck, Geller and Spencer hadn't stoked the flames via the internet.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think those that support this mosque have no clue about whats really going on. I see very idealistic liberal gullible people on here indeed. And it's kind of scary to witness this ignorance. We only need to look at Europe to see where America we be in its Islamization process.

Dear friends,

: Thank you very much for inviting me.

: I come to America with a mission. All is not well in the old
: world. There is a tremendous danger looming, and it is very
: difficult to be optimistic. We might be in the final stages
: of the Islamization of Europe.

thesteadydrip.blogspot.com...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by wakeUpOrDie]

Trimmed copy/paste and added link

[edit on 3/9/10 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
thesteadydrip.blogspot.com...

Please take the time to read and understand what is written here, Please send it to every free person that you know, it is so very important

Replaced copy/paste and added link (same as above)

[edit on 3/9/10 by masqua]

link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Why are Christian church so numerous? First of all, because Christianity was the main religion of the people who founded the U.S..

Yes and they fled RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION when they came here.

Thus they created a constitution that forbid government from dictating religion.

Secondly, because Christianity isn't starting wars all over the planet, and carrying out terrorist attacks.

DEBATABLE...

In sworn statements, two ex-employees claim Blackwater’s owner, Erik Prince, murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company. One also charged Prince "views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe."

www.democracynow.org...

www.cnn.com...

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Just saying...everyones got a case to make...This rhetoric is EASY...

link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

Equally scary are those that lift provocative words from the internet and insist it's the truth. Where in the world is your source for this enlightened piece?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is GEERT Wilders an MP in the Netherlands. He has seen first hand what Islam does to western cultures and societies. I guess you like beating and stoning your women and living under sharia law. I suggest you be the first to convert.

That was a quick reply. So quick I know you didn't read it unless you are Data from Star Trek.

Anyway I must say the MP summed it up well. I don't disagree with anything he says. I think its worth a read. Its all true.

Originally posted by LarryLove

Equally scary are those that lift provocative words from the internet and insist it's the truth. Where in the world is your source for this enlightened piece?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by wakeUpOrDie]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So in your opinion all Muslims are comparable to the KKK?

Nope, not what I said.

I shouldn't have to embrace or respect people who don't respect the rights of others, and that includes Muslims.

As has already been pointed out, Islam is a very intolerant religions, which means that it is bigoted, and many violently so. I don't have to respect their bigotry any more than any other groups bigotry.

But according to you, I am the racist?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If you don't believe the teachings of the Catholic/Christian churches that's fine, and I respect you and your opinions. I am a Catholic and I have to say, about the Priest scandals, this is not the religion itself that is causing this but the humans working for that church. While God Himself is unable to sin, humans/mankind can and do sin. Yes the Church has made mistakes in the past and the present, and I agree whole heartedly that every single case of sexual abuse by priests should be investigated and taken seriously by the full extent of the law, but you can't blame the entire Church for the mistake of its members. It doesn't say in the Catholic dogma that sex with the alter boy is correct. Same goes for war. The Crusades were wrong in my own opinion and there are radicals in Christian religions as much as in Islam and other religions but it doesn't make the entire religion a horrible thing. Islam in its correct and purest form is a peaceful religion, unfortunately there are groups and leaders who have mutated it into something that people in the US and rest of the world see and assume that the entire religion is like that when it's not. Again, I'm Catholic and I'm proud to be Catholic. I'm ashamed of what priests and past popes have done but that doesn't define the entire religion.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by PennKen2009]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And we all know what Geert stands for. Please my friend, there's no need to bring far right propaganda into this.

I will decide what's true and Geert is well off the mark.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Propaganda? Most if not all of his points are the truth.

Can you back up and 'debunk' any of his points? If so go ahead instead of dismissing it as propaganda.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join