It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NY Mosque Controversy. Summed Up In One Picture.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

Dude you have been listening too much to Beck, Geller and Fox in general. None of what you stated affects you as a person. None of what you said holds much credence. Back to the question. Why does an Islamic Community Centre in New York affect your life?

What about the other mosque. Do you think that should be pulled down?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Care to back up how his claims are 'exaggerated xenophobic nonsense' instead of you just telling you think it is?

Show me where he is wrong in anything he said. Then we can talk.

I know this reality sucks. But it is what it is and unfortunately if we don't nip this in the bud, our kids will be dealing with this.

Originally posted by americandingbat

I think that Geert Wilders' claims about the "Islamicization of Europe" are exaggerated xenophobic nonsense to begin with, and I think that his fears are totally irrelevant to the proposed center near the WTC site.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't listen to any of those guys! I've heard of Beck, but I don't even know who Geller is.

Anyway if you don't get it by now, you just don't get it.
I've explained my concerns. I don't particulary like Islam. Any religion that condones and STILL PRACTICES stonings and honor killings is barbaric IMO.

Any religion that thinks women are second class citizens who have little or no rights is not something I want spreading here.

If you want that kind of stuff in your life then ok. But I surely don't.

Originally posted by LarryLove

Dude you have been listening too much to Beck, Geller and Fox in general. None of what you stated affects you as a person. None of what you said holds much credence. Back to the question. Why does an Islamic Community Centre in New York affect your life?

What about the other mosque. Do you think that should be pulled down?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by wakeUpOrDie]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't think that this thread is the place for an in-depth discussion of Geert Wilders' speech, actually.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You are assuming all Muslims are extremists when in reality the exact opposite is true. And you want to punish the large majority based on the actions of few.

THAT'S what it comes down to! And it's WRONG!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie

Care to back up how his claims are 'exaggerated xenophobic nonsense' instead of you just telling you think it is?

I know this reality sucks. But it is what it is and unfortunately if we don't nip this in the bud, our kids will be dealing with this.

This is the man you speak of?

Wilders is best known for his criticism of Islam, summing up his views by saying, "I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam".[61] Although identifying Islamic extremists as a small 5–15% minority of Muslims,[77] he argues that "there is no such thing as 'moderate Islam'" and that the "Koran also states that Muslims who believe in only part of the Koran are in fact apostates".[58

He suggests that Muslims should "tear out half of the Koran if they wished to stay in the Netherlands" because it contains 'terrible things' and that Muhammad would "... in these days be hunted down as a terrorist".[81]

and..

He has also referred to Mohammed as "the devil".[23] In September 2009, he made a public speech advocating a €1000 a year ($1500) excise tax on wearing headscarves.[85]

He believes that all Muslim immigration to the Netherlands should be halted and all settled immigrants should be paid to leave.[61] Referring to the increased population of Muslims in the Netherlands, he has said:
Take a walk down the street and see where this is going. You no longer feel like you are living in your own country. There is a battle going on and we have to defend ourselves. Before you know it there will be more mosques than churches![86]

Source

Sure, this guy is TOTALLY NOT a xenophobe or anything of the sort.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm sitting here feeling like I am watching the opening salvos of the next American civil war and it truly hurts my soul.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Building of this mosque in NYC = another peg in the Islamization of America.

Geerts speech = a warning to America about the Islamization of America.

Anyway so I guess because you can't prove him wrong and only tell me what you 'think', that its no longer relevant now. got it!

Originally posted by americandingbat

I don't think that this thread is the place for an in-depth discussion of Geert Wilders' speech, actually.

link   

So going by your logic, the world will be a better place without Islam. Or you just don't want to live in a country with Muslim people? I think you should come right out and say how you feel.

Should we despise Catholics the same because of the rampant paedophilia within its ranks?

link   
attacking the messenger again, because you can't discredit the message

i'm really getting a charge outta you guys, that was like the 4th attempt

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

This is the man you speak of?

Wilders is best known for his criticism of Islam, summing up his views by saying, "I don't hate Muslims, I hate Islam".[61] Although identifying Islamic extremists as a small 5–15% minority of Muslims,[77] he argues that "there is no such thing as 'moderate Islam'" and that the "Koran also states that Muslims who believe in only part of the Koran are in fact apostates".[58

He suggests that Muslims should "tear out half of the Koran if they wished to stay in the Netherlands" because it contains 'terrible things' and that Muhammad would "... in these days be hunted down as a terrorist".[81]

and..

He has also referred to Mohammed as "the devil".[23] In September 2009, he made a public speech advocating a €1000 a year ($1500) excise tax on wearing headscarves.[85]

He believes that all Muslim immigration to the Netherlands should be halted and all settled immigrants should be paid to leave.[61] Referring to the increased population of Muslims in the Netherlands, he has said:
Take a walk down the street and see where this is going. You no longer feel like you are living in your own country. There is a battle going on and we have to defend ourselves. Before you know it there will be more mosques than churches![86]

Source

Sure, this guy is TOTALLY NOT a xenophobe or anything of the sort.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So basically you're against all mosques...and consequently against religious freedom that has been guaranteed in the constitution. Maybe you should move to another country where the core principles aren't freedom and liberties.

If you're not against the constitution, I challenge you how exactly not allowing people to build houses of worship doesn't violate the constitution. Good luck in explaining that one

[edit on 3-9-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I in no way attacked anybody. You stated to show proof that he wasn't exagerated and a xenophobe.

I showed that from his past comments and actions, he's obviously got personal bias against this group of people, clearly stated he "hates Islam."

This is an EXTREMISTS point of view and is not valid in this debate period.

What you consider a "warning" I consider fear mongering by a man who knows little about what he's talking about outside of his own preconceptions.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

So going by your logic, the world will be a better place without Islam.

YES it would! stonings, honor killings and treating women like garbage are not good things! equal rights for all is much better.

Or you just don't want to live in a country with Muslim people? I think you should come right out and say how you feel.

I have Muslim friends and we get along famously. I have no problems with Muslims, but I do have problems with some of the unpleasant things listed above that religion promotes.

As you point out about Catholics. I also have Catholic friends. But that paedophilia crap has got to go. I do have a problem with that. And isn't it funny that yes, the great phophet himself was a warlord and paedophile!

Should we despise Catholics the same because of the rampant paedophilia within its ranks?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Typically, the dummy is the one calling everyone else dumb.

I don't care how many Muslims there are, I find their religion repulsive, and see it as a threat to my way of life, and there are probably more people who think like me than there are Muslims. I also think we are a group growing much faster than Islam.

So who is condemning a whole people?

Only a dummy would embrace a religion of bigotry.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower[/url]

I showed that from his past comments and actions, he's obviously got personal bias against this group of people, clearly stated he "hates Islam."

I stated earlier, I don't agree with the man or his PAST statements at all.

But I do agree whole heartedly with his warning speech to America about Islam.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The point is that no one is attacking you directly, just your thoughts. You can't hide behind Geert's words, suggest they are the ultimate truth and when questioned on your beliefs avoid direct questions like the plague. Speak on the ATS forum as you would speak in person.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Instead of splitting your post up in 3 paragraphs, you could have just typed "I am against constitutional rights" and people would have gotten your message

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

How does the Islamic Community Centre in New York directly affect your life? What freedoms will you lose?

It brings me, as a member of the human race race, one step closer to the next bloody world war.

All my freedoms are at stake, and the freedoms of my descendants as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower[/url]

I stated earlier, I don't agree with the man or his PAST statements at all.

But I do agree whole heartedly with his warning speech to America about Islam.

Just because you don't agree with his past statements, does not mean you can't evaluate them in context with new views on something he's been so critical of.

If you are against this, then you are also against some sects of Christianity, notably all of them really as they are all similar. In that case any church that is being built should be a problem to you as well.

If this is not the case, then your thoughts and opinions on this issue are hypocritical.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
the constitution, I challenge you how exactly not allowing people to build houses of worship doesn't violate the constitution. Good luck in explaining that one

You must be confusing me with another poster. I never said this wasn't legal.

How many times does this constitutional arguement have to be brought up. And how many times must the answer be said that what is legal and what is right to do are two totally different things.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join