It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Say 'Meep' At Danvers High School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This reminds me of Red Dwarf where they substitute foul words with the word 'Smeg'. "Smeg off you smegging smeghead" for eg.

As far as I see it this is as meeping pile of horse-smeg!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I wonder if they'd ban Mott the Hoople at that school or the Jabberwocky poem.

Seems like the teachers are playing right into the kids hands if they've allowing liberties to be taken with the liberty of language.

Silly people.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IdeaLogical
This reminds me of Red Dwarf where they substitute foul words with the word 'Smeg'. "Smeg off you smegging smeghead" for eg.

As far as I see it this is as meeping pile of horse-smeg!

Cheers!

Yeah, but that's short for Something else...

Edit: misquote

[edit on 9/5/2010 by nasdack24k]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by Hefficide

the kids at this school started saying "meep" as a generic
substitute for any and all real profanity.

If they're clever, they'll replace it with the word "school," the principal's name, or similar.

They should just use the word roadrunner or draw a little roadrunner now .. lol

To be honest I think this explains a lot.... the current "trend" against young people right now. They are the highest among those who cannot find a job in the united states, educationally they are "left behind" ... and creatively they are stifled at every turn unless it benefits the military or some corporate entity, I mean they can't even reinvent swear words.. who said the old folks have the patent on that crap? I just see it as another attempt at keeping the children at bay, I think the real conspiracy is against the youth ALL times, it IS the grand conspiracy; to trivialize their view-points and their interpretations of the world around them, to impose our adult intellectual prowess on their naive unformed minds and WE the "elders" must impose our "accurate" assumptions to shape their world-views .... but how far has that gotten us thus far? Granted it has gotten us THIS far, but we are going to have to change a lot to survive what the future has in store for us and I think the children are the answer, or will hold the answer(s) and until we cultivate a more mature relationship with our youth we will have issues on this planet.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If they wanna be downright esoteric they could use the word Fnord. Then everyone would be seeing the Fnords...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

Origin of the word squee: www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Smeg! Yes! Loved Red Dwarf, so meeping cool that show was! SQUEE!

Frack my 2nd line.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Star for you Pure Energy! You've made, imo, a very valid observation about the younger generations. Perhaps the adults feel threatend for some reason and need to keep the children at bay to ease their fears? I'm not sure. But there is one thing I do know- many of the younger generations presently hold quite a bit of resentment for joining the "real world" and finding that it's not at all like they were told it would be. There are whispers in the air and quiet rumblings among the children and young adults- "Perhaps it'll be better when they've all gone." Because it looks to us that those that came before us have made quite a mess of things.
I'm not all that young, but certainly have much life yet to live. And I have a feeling that my peers are not the first generation to feel this way and my son's generation will probably express similar sentiments. Perhaps that is why the adults must keep the children oppressed?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Of course, you all realize that "heck" is where all those who have been "darned" by "gosh" go....
I think meep is pretty funny. I personally don't use any of the real cuss words anymore. I find them to be part of the phenomena that is the reduction of our culture(s) to an ever increasingly base level. I really think that they make a person sound less intelligent. I personally need all the help I can get to not sound less intelligent!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Or we could just stop being offended by words.

Ye gods! What am I saying? I must be under the influence of the Devil.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think we should all have some fun e-mailing the principal and assistants at the school asking them why they are wasting police time with this nonsense:

Principal Thomas Murray ( [email protected] ), Assistant Principal Mark Strout ( [email protected] ), Assistant Principal Cornelia Varoudakis ( [email protected] ), and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Lisa Dana ( [email protected] )

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

This was so long ago.... I am willing to bet the kids and everyone else involved have moved on.... Why encourage the people of ATS to harass them??? Really.

You do realize this happened over a year ago right?
edit on 25-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The original use of the word MEEP was in a scene with Alanis Morriset in the movie Dogma.

Alanis is God....she is asked, "what is the meaning of life" by Bethany, whom she had just saved....and she looks deep into Bethany's eyes and takes her index finger and touches the end of her nose and says..."Meep".

Isn't it possible that a deeper meaning other than just a substitute for another word is at play here and it is actually scaring these dip wad "educators" ?

Think about it....the meaning of life = Meep. LOL...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join