It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking!! Cop lets 11 Year Old Girl Die in Car from Asthma Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A couple of new tidbits of info here do not bode well for this officer.
First he did not turn himself in, in fact he tried to hide who he was by shaving his head after the internal affairs investigation began to look for him:
Clueless cop, who's accused of not helping girl dying of asthma, shaved head after tragedy

A cop accused of being unhelpful to a Brooklyn girl dying of an asthma attack shaved his head in an apparent attempt to throw off witnesses, the child's family charged Thursday.
"We think there was an attempt to alter his appearance," said Bonita Zelman, lawyer for the family of Briana Ojeda.
At least three witnesses claim Officer Alfonso Mendez, 30, had a healthy head of hair, albeit a receding one, a week ago today when he stopped Briana's mother in Brooklyn as she was rushing the girl to the hospital.

Also he had to be tracked down by internal affairs via checking officers gas cards in the area, and through photos shown to witnesses:
Family buries girl who died from asthma attack

The NYPD traced the officer through his gas card. They say Mendez had filled up at the 76th Precinct that day. Witnesses then identified him through a photo.

Any civilian who did this would not only get charge with manslaughter, but they would also get hit with all the compounding crimes of failing to report and attempting to hide it. This guy is guilt as sin, and he obviously knows he is. He needs to do some time for this one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

WHOA!!!! He shaved his head???? WOW!!! I wonder what really happened...was he being a total a$$hole that day? Did his inexperience get the best of him and then he continued to compound his mistakes? Does any of that really matter in light of the fact that the girl died....

What a shame!!

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join