It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil Trap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
So i've been looking into different areas....Key of Solomon, alchemy, Qabbala, some hindu, chalden, hemtic, and other magicks along with Enoch

I'm creating a Devil Trap/Tribal tattoo...and just wanted input and if anyone had any ideas where i might go to find more info

also for the inscriptions what languages would you recommend?
I'm thinking Hebrew/latin/aramic (also if anyone has a link for an aramic translator i cant find one)

Enochian seems...well kinda fake to me and I'll have to most likely translate by hand BOOOOOO......

My profile should have my current mark up of the work (rather incomplete at this point) feel free to review and if you see any problems or inaccuracies let me know...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hey. Um, forgive my ignorance here, whats a devils trap? Is it a type of tattoo?

I currently have a tribal tattoo on my lower left arm that symbolizes the power of the number "5". from a Zarathushtrian viewpoint, (google it!) maybe look into the significance of numbers?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H

... whats a devils trap? Is it a type of tattoo?

It sounds like the mark of the beast.

Tattoo the devils so that you will know them.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey Verdex,

when it comes to Devil's Traps... are you implying something like the "trap bowl" of the Babylonians (where the name of the evil being is written into a jar, and when 'something' crawls in the jar is sealed and destroyed... or something along the lines of the TV show "Supernatural"?

The "Supernatural" Devil's Trap is a combination of Solomonian sigils which can be found in the Key of Solomon released by Aleister Crowley and Mathers. I believe one is the Scorpion from a Mars sigil, in a septagon with a septa-gram inside of it. The inscription is most likely a biblical verse on casting out demons.

If neither, perhaps some more information on your ideas would be beneficial.

~ Scribe

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

even at that he would have to figure out what demon he wanted to "engrave" in his skin, each demon has their own sigil.......

This thread amuses me because so many people have watched too many scifi movies.......and then they dabble in things they dont understand because its "cool" or they saw it on some show......

Be wary of the things you toy with, or risk becoming the toy yourself.......

p.s. its Aramaic, and the other word is hermetic...........just curious......how old are you OP?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I think you might have misinterpreted the OP's intent, ManBehindTheMask.

I don't think he wants to engrave a demon's summoning sigil into his skin. If that were the case, he probably wouldn't be asking for ideas on what it should look like. He would simply open the Lesser Key of Solomon the King, or Simon's Necronomicon, or the Black Pullet, and simply get the design he needed.

It seems to me that he wants a Devil's Trap, which is used to ward off evil (like the "Evil Eye" of the Gypsies). That is, a talismatic image which is said to protect the wearer from negative influences. Many are known to exist:

• The Cross which symbolizes Christ's payment for our sins is said to ward evil and disaster.

• The Peace Sign is the rune "Algiz" which protects the wearer from harm, disaster, sickness, and death.

• The Native American Medicine Wheel (also the astrological symbol for Earth) is said to represent physical health, wealth, and wellness.

Other examples of these types of magickal design exist throughout numerous grimoires and tomes of magickal lore. The sigils of the planets from The Greater Key of Solomon the King are examples of planetary sigils for protection, which can be used to ward evil, grant favor, procure fortune, heal, etc.

Whether or not the OP is "old" or "young" doesn't really matter if his intent is simply to design a protective emblem for himself, or his loved ones. Such a desire is purely philanthropic and comes with no possible negative benefits.

Now, if I have misinterpreted, and the OP does want to tattoo a demon-summoning sigil on his body, then perhaps he should reconsider his intentions and approach before pursuing. I doubt he intends to engrave the summonings of devils on his skin though.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would just like to inform you that what you are dealing (playing) with could be very, very dangerous. And when you get into that kind of curiousness, be prepared for a struggle with supernatural warfare.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

I have been looking into numbers alot...i've noticed alot of 12 (zodiac and such...) but then it's common for there to be a "leader"
making it 13

a "devil trap"
is a symbol that when a demon steps inside, or is summoned inside it they cannot leave...yes i notice that if i was possesed they couldnt leave as long as i have the tattoo. :\

lol

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

mark of the beast....you mean 666 (616 in some manuscripts)
sounds like a mark designed to trap a demon?

Supposably Solomon used them, to the point of even controling demons to help build the temple

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

bingo!!!!

my current design actually uses the one off of supernatual. Apparently the Sign for mars is "scary" to demons then the outter star is actually the "all powerful" demon trap used for any demon.

The earliest known i have found is the "trap bowl"

Wandering scribe is more correct than the idea of what I plan. i have some crap luck, and i've dealt with Karma, living right, and doing my best...i'm down to demons.

there are seveal biblical verses saying that children are punished for the sins of the parents. I havent worked out exactly what I want todo yet but...
My parents are jacked up and definetly have some demons (or maybe just flat demonic beliefs)

Ultimately I look at my girls (3 and 11 months) and I just want it to stop with me. I'm tired of being blamed for things i didnt do that my father did and got away with, that my mom lies to this day despite he proof of, and yet some how it hurts me. Even with both outside of my life.

Part of me wants to go extreme and just "bind" the demons to me and ride out the suffering but, there could be problems with this....Such as thm gaining more control while being pissed they are stuck to me. The mix of tribal is to round it out and make it look like a tattoo and not just a bunch of marks.

Also sorry about the two typos earlier, i wasnt really paying attention. I have alot going on and havent slept much etc. Excuses I know but, hopefully youll forgive me.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
I would just like to inform you that what you are dealing (playing) with could be very, very dangerous. And when you get into that kind of curiousness, be prepared for a struggle with supernatural warfare.

I just learned how to quote sorry i have responded 5 times rather than one compressed message....i wanted to edit and delete but i didnt see howto delete.

I see the possible problems, there is the whole risk of annoing or actually pissing off a demon wo could hurt my friends and family.

Ideal it would work like a trap bowl capture a demon, and destroy it or remove its power all with just a little symbol. This probably wont be possible but maybe it will atleast confuse them ;p

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Verdex

Friend your taking stuff from a TV show and expecting it to work.........

It doesnt work like that lol thats TV, and I would think you would know that not everything you see on TV is real......

Demons and entities however are, and using some sigil off a scifi show isnt in your best interest......

Lesser Key of Solomon , read it, and read up on your demonology before you do something that causes more problems then you think you have now

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

Do you know from personal experience? I think you should share.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Verdex

Friend your taking stuff from a TV show and expecting it to work.........

It doesnt work like that lol thats TV, and I would think you would know that not everything you see on TV is real......

Demons and entities however are, and using some sigil off a scifi show isnt in your best interest......

Lesser Key of Solomon , read it, and read up on your demonology before you do something that causes more problems then you think you have now

Actu only the tribal is from a show, the devil trap is on super natural but comes from the key of Solomon....

You guys are also missing the point I wanted ideas/resources.

When I google I get alot of crap, spent some time at borders and found more crap.

I want it to be accurate and well done, I'm IN THE RESEARCH phase and wanted book titles, names of "magicks" websites etc.

I'm NOWHERE close to tattoo phase even remotely.

I'm not wanting jump in and end up with worthless/meaningless/incorrect info..

I already know of the key of Solomon, please name more!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Verdex

Greetings again Verdex,

I'm kind of dismayed to see so many people completely misconstruing the intention of your eventual-tattoo. It's almost as if they see the word "devil" and slip into some Christian-Fundamentalist mindset where the only thing that can possibly be associated with "devil" is some kind of Satanic worship.

Such closed minds.

The most potent "devil's trap" has to come from within you. Taking the "trap bowl" or some Solomonian magic won't do a thing if you don't believe in the power of those forces.

All of the Holy Qabala is useless drivel if you don't believe in God, His emanations, and His Holy Choirs of angels. The same goes for the Goetic and Thaumaturge magic of Solomon. No personal belief, no power.

Now, that doesn't mean that these things can't effect you. They certainly can if your enemies have belief in the magics they craft. But in order for a symbol, a sigil, or a talisman you create to have power, it needs your belief.

The rap-sheet of studies you've made listed in your OP —if true— tells me that you've got at least a layman's grasp of magical theory from around the world and throughout time. So the next step is to determine where your own beliefs lie.

Do you believe in Solomonian magic?
How about grimoire magic?
Are you a Babylonian pagan?
Perhaps a Kemetic polytheist?
Are you gnostic?
Maybe you're Wicca?
Do you believe in the Holy Qabala?
How about Shamanism and Animism?
Do you put any stock in Voodoo and it's Veves?
Are you a spiritual person?
Are you a mystical person?

Dozens more questions can be asked too, but it comes down to defining what you believe in so you can craft the most potent sigil, tattoo, talisman, or amulet catered to the beliefs which your own Will could give rise and power to.

My own sigil —the avatar I use— as I described to you, is built off of my beliefs, the lessons I learned, and the spiritual paths I pursued. It is potent and powerful for me because of it's intrinsic value and meaning. The same for those who follow in my footsteps, they too find strength and power in it because they adhere to the symbolism and meaning of it.

So, start with some introspective research into who you are, what makes you up, and where your beliefs stand. That will help you the most.

* EDIT *

Numbers aren't too difficult to figure out. A little research into numerology, the Qabala, or any culture's numerical orientations will help you classify and define numbers:

0 - if used by a culture represents the potential to be. There is no such thing as "nothing" when it comes to magick and faith. In "nothing" is always the potential for all things.

1 - is the first emanation, giving rise to concepts, ideas, thoughts and other unrestrained, unformed, and uncontrolled "potentials". On the reverse, one is also the highest state a thing can attain as it means it has reached spiritual perfection.

2 - is obviously the unification of things, or, on the converse, it also represents the "potential thing" from 1 coming into being. The purposeless "thing" attains direction, or Will.

3 - this is the first "balanced" number. It has the active/positive side of 2 (Will), and the resting/negative side of 1 (potential) as well as the balancing neutrality. 3 is the number of Purpose, and all purpose is in one way or another holy.

4 - this is the number of the elements —Earth, Air, Water, Fire— signifying that Form has now been introduced. 4 is therefore a foundation for all things to come, it is our skeletal structure, or the molten core of the planet, a star before the solar system, etc.

5 - this signifies intelligence. Spirit is the "5th element" which commences to give the form life. This would be our blood, or the first planets forming in a solar system. This is an extremely mystical number because it is where all conscious life begins.

6 - this is a divine number signifying destiny, fate, or other Karmic conceptions. 1 + 2 + 3 = 6. Potential + Will + Balance = Purpose. 6 is the number of man, the number of commonly mystical planets, the number of days of creation, and more. 6 is the number that gives life meaning.

The number 6 was also the final number required to define WHERE something is.

0- is the creation of existence in concept
1 - is just a simple point in existence
2 - creates a second point in existence, forming a line
3 - makes the first plane, a triangle
4 - gives it dimension (length, width, height, depth)
5 - creates a second "thing" in existence
6 - determines distance between the two "things"

So, we no longer need the numbers beyond 6 to define the characteristics of a thing. 7 therefore begins not an external, but an internal examination of things.

7 - is the number of days in a week, the number of mystical planets of magick, the number of "hours to the Duat", the number of "Leagues to the Underworld", the number of "Gates crossed by Ishtar", the number of "Steps on the Ziggurat". 7 signifies the cycles of a thing's existence. It's coming, rising, balancing, decaying, sinking, death, and rebirth.

8 - this is where pairs of existence come into being. Two fires, two Waters, etc. Male/Female, Light/Dark, opposites form to create balance and unification in all things. Dualities, which some people believe don't exist, but which I believe do.

9 - this is a triplicate of 3, so it's another one of those holy numbers associated with the rise, connectedness and foundation of existence. To some this is representative of the ultimate state of existence: Holy Good (3), Holy Evil (3), Holy Neutrality (3). 3 + 3 + 3 = 9. Good, Evil, Neutrality combine to make a meaning for life.

10 - this is a combination of 1 and 0, therefore it is the ability for new potential to come about. This makes sense since 9 was the conjunction of Good, Evil, and Neutrality. There is now the ability for those 3 forces to be worked with to create a myriad of new forces.

I know numbers don't stop with 10, but, I am going to stop at 10 as I don't know if any of what I just typed is in any way relevant to you. I hope that it is, and if it is, I encourage you to continue to study the symbolic nature of numbers on your own as well.

* EDIT *

~ Scribe

[edit on 6/9/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i also experianced quite a shock, I assume that i didn't make it clear enough that I was attempting research and study.

My beliefs are still in question. I know I believe in one true God and I know i put belief in the stories that are told again and again that there is no proof they did not happen.

Also one of my big beliefs is in the power caused by mass belief. When a large group believes something. When We all gather and focus on something it seems to form a reality even if it does not truely exsist.

I've been reading "The Tree of Life An Illustrated Study in Magic" Israel Regardie

Just as a starting point, I would consider my knowalge Laymen at best but I must begin somewhere.

One of the principles I found very enlighting is early in the book on the creation of Sigils, Tailsmens and Symbols. My interpertation is during their creation although in this reality they hold no form as we create them placing our energy, knowalge and spirituality they take form in the other "realms"

I also define my belief in science/magic/spiritual as
"science is not at odds with religion, science is ust to young to understand"

One of my big thoughts currently is in multiverse vs. the levels of heaven and hell. We might die here but what if everything just moves to a parrael world? what if Dijjn, demons, angels, spirits all just move in relation to these worlds their overlapping parts etc.. Energy/Matter cannot be destroyed only borrowed. And even steven hawkings is working to disprove the knowalge paradox using multiverse ideals.

What is the limit of our abilities and connection with these worlds and energies? Hows much of our patterns "Gods" and such are all found in this? What can ultimate focus and harmony achieve if we take the time to open our eyes?

How much of just our thoughts become reality if not here but somewhere?

I'm in a long search that I have just begun, and that I do not expect to end any time soon.

Ultimately I guess I just believe but in what I cannot say yet, I have finially transended the lie of Jesus, seeing there is more and that the "church" used the tricks of "satan" to spread this. I sadly cannot believe in the gopels any more, and I say sadly becaus it has destroyed my "salvation" and made me an outcast in a christian dominate society. I feel at odds with the world now. But maybe that is actually a first step to enlightenment.

I have many religions to view, Demonology, Angelology, more histories, magicks, symbols to view before I i set a way to describe a reality that I am a part of. Maybe if I am lucky I will never find an "answer" and therefore may always search. But if I do find an answer I know that is must come from an outside that only exsist from within.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Verdex

Well, if you profess belief in one true God—some kind of a Divine Creator figure—who is the God of everything, your problem doesn't seem like it should be too hard to handle.

If this one God is an all-powerful God—as it should be if it's the God—then some simple prayer to Her/Him should be all it takes to get the ball rolling on your salvation.

Out of curiosity, if you do believe in a single God over all other things, why would you be considering sigils, or protective amulets, or other spiritual entities? Wouldn't the One God be all you should need?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Verdex

Well, if you profess belief in one true God—some kind of a Divine Creator figure—who is the God of everything, your problem doesn't seem like it should be too hard to handle.

If this one God is an all-powerful God—as it should be if it's the God—then some simple prayer to Her/Him should be all it takes to get the ball rolling on your salvation.

Out of curiosity, if you do believe in a single God over all other things, why would you be considering sigils, or protective amulets, or other spiritual entities? Wouldn't the One God be all you should need?

i'm not sure he likes me, and i'm pretty sure he stays busy...After reaading the Nag Hammadi Libraries I kind think this God might actually not get involoved also...besides what do i call him? or ask him for? what if i'm being punished for my families prior sins? apparently he is making me an example some how....grrrr

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Verdex

Well, first off, if your God is punishing you for the trespasses of others than He/She is not a very just, kind, and good God. So, if your God decides you should suffer for the actions of others, it is time to seek a new spiritual road; preferably one not involved in the worship of such a cruel and malevolent being.

Now, if you perceive your God as being uninvolved in human affairs, I could understand that better. I imagine hundreds of divinities do not concern themselves with a world's people who argue, fight, kill, and imprison based on which deity they believe in.

However, this is also not the kind of God I would personally prefer to be in the service of. I can achieve nothing by worshiping an empty shell which does not care for my well-being. Once again, I would suggest seeking a different, more fulfilling, spiritual path.

The most important lesson to learn here is that no one religion, dogma, creed, or belief is entirely correct. God is a noumenal substance, an amalgamation of all the beliefs in what God is. So if you feel one is punishing you for trespasses you have not committed, there is nothing stopping you from saying:

"I don't believe in your divine power anymore, because you are a biased, and unjust god."

Then, you walk away from that God and look for a more encompassing, compassionate God to take care of you and those whom you love.

A truly benevolent, loving, caring being who created everything would not be upset if his creations chastised him for being mean. Such a being would be glad that His creations respect Him enough to let Him know when He is hurting them unjustly.

The other road is to decline to believe a single God is controlling everything, instead accepting that some gods do actions for some people, and other people are left to tend to themselves. Such is my road. If people attach themselves to a divinity, it may lend them assistance, if not, then the person can still shape their lives according to their own goals and desires.

This is admittedly the more difficult path, but it's rewards are equal, or greater, than believing some possibly malign being is "out to get you" because your parents did something bad.

Just some food for thought I suppose. Look inside yourself and see what kind of answers you get to those troubling questions of "why is this happening?" and "why do I exist?" etc.

Peace brother, may you find your way.

~ Scribe

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Verdex

The most important lesson to learn here is that no one religion, dogma, creed, or belief is entirely correct. God is a noumenal substance, an amalgamation of all the beliefs in what God is. So if you feel one is punishing you for trespasses you have not committed, there is nothing stopping you from saying:

"I don't believe in your divine power anymore, because you are a biased, and unjust god."
~ Scribe

yeah...i'm begining to think ishould just say f off...I just cant see how i would want to spend an eternaity with someone who just blos me off. My prayers get answered, once in awhile but there always seems to be a catch or a lack of full answer.

Also there is the whole good things happen to bad people....is there demons and "satan" doing this?

I've been doing alot of looking a religon and beliefs and magics and trying to find the over lapping most common elements I figure that gives me a good foundation and an idea what is most likely "true"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join