It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghans won't be controlled by banks like the West

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

KABUL, Afghanistan — One of the principal owners of the Afghan bank at the center of an accelerating financial crisis here said depositors had withdrawn $180 million in the past two days. He predicted a “revolution” in the country’s financial system unless the Afghan government and the United States moved quickly to help stabilize the bank.

www.nytimes.com...

Quickly US, help us
help the banks help you, how else are you gonna control the Afghans who have been passive in this war.

This is the second phase of Afghans uniting under one banner to fight the occupation. This will spiral out of control, and the people who have been on the American side all this time (hence the Northern Alliance) will get sick of the corruption and drugs and will fight under one cause, the ultimate cause, to get rid of the US influence of Afghanistan once and for all..

I think this is almost Game Over..

It is coming, and coming fast..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
They are trying to keep the recession afloat as long as they can it seems. Once one country falls it falls like a domino effect.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It can't come fast enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
They are trying to keep the recession afloat as long as they can it seems. Once one country falls it falls like a domino effect.

What do you mean domino effect..

A little explanation would help me understand, I don't know what domino is, all I know is that it is a game, even that I'm not sure of

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

seriously never heard of the domino effect?

Even analysts use the term because it best describes how things can go in real life. Once one falls the others fall with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Afganistan is about as important to the world economy as Delaware. Something like 80% of Afgans are illiterate and most of the country has no electricity or sewage. Nobody holds any significant amount of Afgan debt. If the country fails (lest anyone notice it has not only already failed, it has never been anything but a failed state), it would be news for about two days and then nobody would care, other than the Afgans and perhaps the Pakistanis who would quickly move to take the area near their border where there are mineral deposits. They will also have a massive refugee issue. Again, that is not our problem either.

What happens in Afganistan does not matter, which is why the US should never have gone in to that hell hole in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join