It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why He Was Different

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There is so much that has been said about him. He has been denied to have ever walked to the earth, and yet no one has effected mankind as much as that person. Of course I'm referring to Jesus.

I remember reading a quote made my Napoleon Bonaparte about Jesus a while ago in an old book. He said to the effect, 'I know people, and he was no human.' Referring to the way that Jesus interacted with people, the way he was. Then Napoleon went on to make a very significant observation. He said that after reading the gospels he came to the conclusion that no human could have invented the character of Jesus.

And I picked up a Bible and with those comments in mind re-read the gospels. You see I've read them before. Well, they're quite short really. You could read through the book of mark in an hour perhaps. It doesn't take that long to read them. The gospels are the four books that talk about Jesus' life on earth, viz. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Gospel means good news.

As I read the account again I started to see many things about this man of Nazareth that I never saw before. And began to understand why that astute and extremely powerful and intelligent strategist Napoleon, who had at his command armies, and rulers, and kingdoms, made such a statement as he did as referred to above.

Jesus was not an ordinary human. Not referring to the fact that he could perform miracles. No not talking about that. It was the way he was, the way he dealt with people.

You see, in all my years of reading, and I have read a lot, I have come to the conclusion that I have never read a story that was made up by any human that portrayed another human, fictitious or even real that compared to Jesus.

An example. I just finished watching a movie called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. This was a story that uses the Greek myths of gods and demigods and puts them into a modern-day setting. Percy is really a demigod, the son of Perseus, a god. The story I thought did a good job of portraying how the Greek gods were, uncaring of humans, drunkards, and fornicators. Percy, when he learns he is a demi-god starts to show off his powers, and stops a war between the gods. He is cheered on, and he makes a great name for himself.

How different that from the character of Jesus. Jesus was not only of humble origins being the adopted son of a carpenter named Joseph. But he was humble. When he was baptized at the age of 30 apparently his pre-human memory was given him as the "heavens were opened up to him."

Jesus was the son of God. The firstborn, the very first creation of his Father Jehovah. The Bible does not reveal if all of his pre-human memory was given him, perhaps it was. Imagine what that implicated. The scripture tells us that Jesus was used by his Father to create all other things in the universe, in heaven, and on earth. That is Jesus not only knew the laws of physics, he helped to establish them at the founding of the universe. He not only knew how the human body functions, he was the one that put the first human body together. He was the greatest master of science that ever walked the earth. His knowledge compared to other humans is just so vast that it is mind-boggling to even contemplate.

Yet Jesus never drew attention to himself. He, being as intelligent as he was, never talked of his own knowledge. Even when he was being tempted by that great spirit son of God Satan, Jesus did not reply to Satan using his own knowledge (of which he must have had an abundance of.) Three times he retorts Satan's temptations with "It is written" and goes on to quote his Father's word as found in the law to Moses. He never spoke of his own initiative. In fact he himself said, : “When once you have lifted up the Son of man, then will know that I am [he], and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things."1

cont...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
When Jesus saw the people he felt a compassion for them, a love for them. And that loved compelled him to preach to them about the good news. He also had the ability to cure the sick, the lame; the blind, the deaf, even raise the dead. But he never went around show-boating his powers. In fact, Jesus was very quiet about the way he healed people. One of his early miracles involved that of a leper for whom he felt compassion for. After healing the man, which he did in a discreet way, not wanting to draw attention to himself he commanded the man to “see that you tell nobody a thing.”2
Apparently the leper did not obey Jesus’ command to keep things hushed because the news about Jesus miracle spread far and wide. But why did he not want the man to go and proclaim what Jesus had done? It was because he was a humble man, not wanting honor or glory for himself. A prophecy was made long before that foretold the type of personality he would display while on earth:

Look! My servant, on whom I keep fast hold! My chosen one, [whom] my soul has approved! I have put my spirit in him. Justice to the nations is what he will bring forth. He will not cry out or raise [his voice], and in the street he will not let his voice be heard. No crushed reed will he break; and as for a dim flaxen wick, he will not extinguish it. In trueness he will bring forth justice. He will not grow dim nor be crushed until he sets justice in the earth itself; and for his law the islands themselves will keep waiting.

Today so-called “faith healers” show-boat their “powers” and make a showy display for all to see, many times exacting money from the people, and always, always putting the emphasis on themselves. I find this to be the case with almost all the religious leaders today. I turned on the TV not long ago and as I was turning the channels I stopped on one televangelist and he was saying, “I wrote this book, me, I am great, listen to me, I will show you, me, me, me, I am great, me.” How different that man’s attitude was compared to the humble Jesus. Even many non-religious people are so wrapped up in themselves that you always hear them talking about how great they are, and how wise they are, and how smart they are.
Another example is of when Jesus was about to be put to death. He annoyed people because he loved the truth, and spoke the truth. The people wanted to kill him because of his love for the truth.

Jesus himself said he had legions of angels at his disposal he could call on at a moments notice. He need not fear any humans. When once he was speaking the truth to the people, they tried to stone him. What did he do? Did he give them a mighty display of his great abilities? Did he call on the angels to avenge himself? No. He simply hid himself from their view and ran away. Here is without a doubt the greatest man who ever lived. THE MAN. What does he do? He runs away from the confrontation. How many people who avoid trouble, or run away from trouble-makers are considered men? Well, the real man, THE MAN, that is what he did.
Jesus was such a gentle and kind person that people of all sorts came to him and felt at ease with him. Even the little children felt comfortable with him. Once when children were approaching Jesus his disciples were trying to keep them away from him. But he reprimanded them and said, ““Let the young children come to me; do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to suchlike ones. Truly I say to YOU, Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a young child will by no means enter into it.” 5
Another account of Jesus’ love for people that really touched me was when an old woman touched his outer garment. The gospel writer tells us that she had a flow of blood for twelve years that had not stopped. She had spent all her money on doctors who could not cure her.

cont...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
According to the law the Israelites were under a woman with a flow of blood was unclean and could not come near to other people, especially in a large crowd like that. So she was breaking the law given to Moses by approaching. And she thought, ‘if I just touch his outer garment I will be healed.’

Jesus was walking in among the great crowd of people and she reached out and touch his garment and he felt power leave him and he stopped and looked around and asked, ‘Who was it that touched me?” Peter replied, “ Instructor, the crowds are hemming you in and closely pressing you.” Yet Jesus said he felt power come out of him and then noticed the woman. She became terrified, perhaps because she knew she had broken the law, and perhaps was afraid of being punished. She came forth and admitted what she had done and explained how she was healed instantly on touching his outer garment. Did Jesus chastise her? Did he scold her for breaking the law? No. He felt love for her. And he told her, “Daughter, you faith has made you well; go your way in peace.”

When Jesus’ apostles would argue over who was the greatest among them, Jesus would tell them that the least among them was the greatest. He himself said that he was here not to be ministered to but to minister, that is serve. 7

Jesus, the greatest man to ever live, the firstborn of all creation, the only-begotten son of God, THE MAN, on the night before his death found his apostles again arguing among each other about who was to be the greatest in Jesus’ kingdom rule. What did Jesus do? Did he get tired of their fighting? Did he yell at them? Did he put them in their place? Did he lecture them? Did he scold them? This is what Jesus did. It was customary for the host of the place to wash his guests feet. For they used sandals and the person journeying would have dirty feet when he arrived at his destination. Well none of his apostles were willing to wash each other’s feet. Jesus himself took a towl and a water basin and stooped down and began to wash all of his apostles feet. Without a word he taught them by his example the attitude they must display.

Which of you would expect that your President, or your king, or your ruler to bow down at your feet and wash them? Jesus, THE reigning king in heaven would wash your feet for you. He is that humble. He was more than just a human you see.

Jesus reflected his Father’s personality perfectly. In fact he said that everything that he did was a reflection of his Father Jehovah. He said that he was so much like his Father, the God of all things, that by watching him, you could see his Father. Not that he was his Father as some falsely claim, but that he reflected perfectly the personality of his Father Jehovah.

And just as Jesus was patient with his imperfect human friends, so he is with us. And just as he is with us, so is his Father, Jehovah. Who has patiently had abuse upon abuse upon abuse heaped upon his great and holy name. People have defiled him, have scorned him, have mocked him, have denied him, have cursed him, have slandered his name, have done all the degrogatory things one can imagine against him. And yet Jehovah patiently awaits. He allows wicked people to live, and he does not force them to see him. During a sunset you do not see credits rolling stating: “This sunset brought to you by Jehovah.” He is not that type of God. He is there waiting for you. You see if you get to know a little bit about the personality of his son by reading the gospel accounts you might really learn who God really is.

Jesus summed it up for us. You see, the law given to the Israelites. What did it all mean? The people asked Jesus because they wanted to know. What was his reply?

cont...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

All of the laws and prophets hung on these two things. Love. Love of God, and love of neighbor.

Jesus loved. He loved mankind so much that he gave his life as a ransom for us. And that love he showed, and his patience he showed is a reflection of the great and deep abiding love that God has for his creation.

“As for us, we love, because he first loved us.” 11

“The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.”

1. John 8:28.
2. Luke 5:14.
3. Isaiah 42:1-4.
4. John 8:59.
5. Mark 10:14, 15.
6. Luke 8:43-48.
7. Matthew 23:11; Mark 10:43-45.
8. John 13:5-11.
9. Matthew 22:37-40.
10. 1 John 4:19.
11. 1 John 4:10.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
thank you for sharing this.
anybody with one brain cell working can see you put a lot into writing it.

i found it to be very inspirational.

i'm not really a teacher (unless you count fire instructor), i just mean it in the sense i share information, which is why i picked my screen name 5 years ago. that and the initials are E.T.

but if i had to give this a grade.....

Star, Star, Star, Star & Flag,
E.T.

p.s. the teacher is always a student, and i learned a few things by reading this.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Jesus is easily the greatest and most mysterious figure in all of history. I'm familiar with almost all the modern interpretations of his life and it's spectacular from every angle. Nice post.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

He was the greatest master of science that ever walked the earth.

Nice post. However, I'm intriqued: You say Jesus was a master of science.
Exactly what about science did He teach that advanced humanity in any way?
A simple recipe for antibiotics might have been nice?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
You say Jesus was a master of science.
Exactly what about science did He teach that advanced humanity in any way?
A simple recipe for antibiotics might have been nice?

where would science be today without Jesus? Remove every aspect of all Jesus's teachings and all interpretations of Jesus's teachings from the last 2,000 years and try to imagine where science would be today, and where the human race would be today.

there is much more to literacy and the scriptures than just left to right.

gospel ... go spell

eden [reversed and spelled out phonetically like a child would spell it] nude
*yes, they were reportedly nude in the garden of eden

Jesus was one of our embassadors, we were a planet under siege, and he sued that which had us under seige.

sue siege spelled out phonetically = su sej
susej [reversed] jesus

these are some of my personal beliefs about Jesus.

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Oh boy, another one of these religious jarheads.

"It's never been proven that he didn't walk the Earth".

It's never been proven that he DID, either.

Jesus is a bedtime story based on much earlier "religions" that were also based on bedtime stories, and the bible is simply a collection of those bedtime stories that somehow got garbled into the modern religion that we know as Christianity.

Most of the stories in the bible were written 200-300 years after Christ, and these stories were passed down through word of mouth.

If someone was to find somebody's movie collection 300 years from now, and were able to play it, they would assume that this is what our society was like, full of all these wondourous things, especially if these were movies full of computerized special effects and they didn't realize it wasn't real.

See where I'm coming from? 200 or 300 years later, somehow these "stories" got garbled and taken out of context to be "true history", and special interests at the Council of Mycaenae got to decide which ones of these bedtime stories would be included in the bible.

It's hardly the "word of god" when humans decide to omit certain parts through political bantering and backroom deals.

Let the flaming begin. Of course, Christianity was fanning the flames CENTURIES ago. Good job it's a religion of love and tolerance, otherwise Christianity's background would be REALLY violent.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Jesus is easily the greatest and most mysterious figure in all of history. I'm familiar with almost all the modern interpretations of his life and it's spectacular from every angle. Nice post.

It's also complete fiction.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Still in the dark - what did He teach about science?

At least alchemy led to chemistry, and astrology led to astronomy.

But the teachings of Jesus led to...?

where would science be today without Jesus?

Actually, without the Christian Dark Ages, and the constant religious constraints on science, I'd say science would be better and benefit more people today.
If anything He was a disaster for science, and He took Europe back to pre-civilized ages.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by AProphet1233

It's also complete fiction.

You've made your point...

Don't harass people in here. especially when you add nothing to the OP's topic...

You just take........

maybe you could learn something from this thread actually.

And no I'm 100% not religious at all......but Jesus ( or however his name may have been pronounced ) was a cool dude.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Jesus was of humble origins?
I thought He was of the OT house of David (depending which contradictory lineage one follows). Are you blaspheming OT prophesy?

Yes, He was hidden in the common echelons, just like Krishna - who was part divine, part born from the virgin Mother Yasoda. Krishna too hid as a lowly cowherd, from a demoniac King who killed every male child.
Everything that Jesus did is lifted from other texts.
So, what makes Him special?
I mean really, what even makes Him unique?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Yet Jesus never drew attention to himself.

Really? So He never caused a major scene at the temple?
And what did the Devil tempt Him with? All the earthly kingdoms He already owns?
Wasn't Napoleon a narcissistic despot who forced the Pope to crown himself emperor and plundered the church?
Where in the OT is Jesus mentioned as a creator?
Is He the son of God, or God Himself?

I suppose He's special in the sense that He had two daddies but no real mommy?

(And then some of his supposed followers are so anti-gay adoption - go figure!)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Why have Jesus when you can have Glen Beck, he can walk on water and feed the 5,000, I have seen it with mine own eyes. We all know Glen exists, we have proof

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I suppose He's special in the sense that He had two daddies but no real mommy?

(And then some of his supposed followers are so anti-gay adoption - go figure!)

Huh, his mother was Mary...

Everyone knows that right?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You are correct, and I'm not writing to knock anybody, just some questions that come to mind from the OP.
As far as a virgin can be a mother - I suppose so.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

OK, in one sense He had a mommy but no real daddy?
Yeah, sounds better.
Or rather He had a batchelor divine daddy (who happens to be Himself) and an adoptive daddy.
Well, it's not the "traditional" family values either way.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What is conciousness? Many professionals in all fields had attempted to rationalize and define it.

To an ordinary layman, it is that which makes us human different from robots, and will react to stimuli with a set of pre-programmed response called experiences as well as 'fuzzy logic' known as adaptive and creative conceptualization responses to such stimuli.

Conciousness is present in all life forms, and will react to stimuli.

What is the Holy Spirit?

It is a form of higher evolved consciouness, that separates us from animals, which makes us humans evolved and progressed faster than animals ever could. It is a set of pre-programmed behavioural responses learnt and passed down from our ancestors who believed that there is a higher Being than themselves, and are guided by Him in life.

And throughout civilisational history, divine teachers had been sent by our Creator to help guide our path, which we humans often strayed and ended up destroying one another through our own hands and thinking, and then blaming it upon our Creator, such as atheists often do.

Such teachings are the conciousness/Holy Spirit that had been given to us by our Creator, and dwells within our hearts, so that we may know right from wrong, truth from lies, and seek for the path of love by our Creator and not one of destruction by Man.

And there is no more critical and vital teachings than the one the Messiah had taught to modern men, at a time of immense suffering and domination by evil rulers and kings, so that mankind will know that it will be love that will conquer, not hate, and will find comfort and solace in such teachings amidst the sorrows, and take strengths to go on and change the world, beginning with oneself and then others around him.

By reading the Messiah's words, will such Holy consiousness be understood, as we now understood what he meant by His teachings on the Holy Spirit in John Chapter 16, on why he had to take leave from us to fulfill his divine mission, to guide, teach and took on sufferings on our behalf, on this mortal plane of existance.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

reply to post by halfoldman

OK, in one sense He had a mommy but no real daddy?
Yeah, sounds better.
Or rather He had a batchelor divine daddy (who happens to be Himself) and an adoptive daddy.
Well, it's not the "traditional" family values either way.

Haha your confusing me! but at least you made me smile, I'll give you a star for the gibberish

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join