It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up from an awful dream to see a red ball in the room with me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I wanted to share this experience which happened around 3.15am this morning.

I was dreaming - I rarely have nightmares - and was in a store with friends. It was a sunny day outside, the shop was expansive and had large windows to the front which I could see a skyline and clouds. It was later in the day - I could tell by the colour of the sky.

All of a sudden I hear my friend jason say, "did you hear that?". I had not heard anything, but I could feel the mood around me change as people began to become very unnerved.

I looked out of the window and saw a gigantic explosion, quite close but not right next to us.

Jason shouted, "The football ground" and I made sure we ran behind some pillars to make sure we were protected from flying glass.

I was lying on the floor as the glass came in and my right leg was exposed. At that point I woke up and looked to my left. There was a red ball of light hovering there which quickly faded.

There are no light sources in my room.

Is this my optic nerve? I have had this red ball before and it was after a similarly unpleasant experience in bed.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Its hard to say. Ive never experienced anything like that. It could of been an orb, spirits travel as orbs. The color red doesnt mean that it was necessarily evil. It could be your spirit guide, who had you dream that dream to tell you something. I have alot of "end of the world" dreams and they all freak me out- because I believe Im seeing what I will see in my future. Maybe you should meditate on it and see what answers come to mind

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thanks for this - I would be worried to do this. Last time I saw the red ball, it was on one side of the bed and a shadow person was on the other!

Did not get a good feeling from it.

I am very scared to meditate and invite anything into my life that I dont understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Red or Orange Orbs

While these warm colors are often associated with strong emotions such as anger and passion, this may not be the case when it comes to ghost orbs different colors. Some paranormal investigators consider that a red or orange orb is a sign that an entity has assumed the role of a protector. This could be someone who was charged in life to keep watch or be a caretaker.

Was it red? dark red? Possibly orange?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Yes - a dark red. I would love a protector!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
It could of been an orb, spirits travel as orbs.

I wonder who had taught you that?

Anyway to the OP. There can occur peculiar effects regarding vision when one wakes up. Some people can even see what they will in this condition. Hence all the stories about many odd things here on ATS

Most likely it is because of the transition process in brains between sleep and vigilance is not completely over.

-v

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I have been wondering about physical effects - I do wonder if the red ball is created by where the optic nerve meets the retina. A "shadow" at night?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Might be, but I dunno, because I am not very familiar with nerves. All I know is that this state between wakefulness and sleep can cause very peculiar visionary effects and probably has everything to do with brains altering it's functions.

But who knows, they might be something suggested above as well

-v

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i was thinking about her possibly squeezing her eyes while she was having a nightmare this could actually work for bother experiances too....

do i have 20 post yet? where I can actually start my own thread?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sounds like some of the strange stuff i see when awaking from bad dreams... I have seen the occasional figure (one was a woman in a red mini-skirt), also lots of glows and orb like things.
After much much research online because it freaked me out i came to the conclusion it is neuro in origin.

With people or objects it may be that you awoke to fast for the mind to distinguish from the dream and had a waking hallucination. This also makes sense with orbs as rapid eye movement will still be in action as your eyes open and adjust to the waking world. Sort of like a no mans land.

But on the other hand it could of been a real orb

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am still very disturbed by the dream. I cant help but feel it was prophetic in some way..

I cannot get it out of my head and am constantly scanning the media!

Lame? Probably!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This may shed some light on the "End of the World" dreams...

Acts 2:16-18 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

16 On the contrary, this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel:

17 And it will be in the last days, says God,

that I will pour out My Spirit on all humanity;

then your sons and your daughters will prophesy,

your young men will see visions,

and your old men will dream dreams.

18 I will even pour out My Spirit

on My male and female slaves in those days,

and they will prophesy.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Originally posted by xynephadyn
It could of been an orb, spirits travel as orbs.

I wonder who had taught you that?

-v

No One has taught me anything. I see ghosts I am a medium I see ghosts come into the room as an orb and shift into an apparition.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Were you fully awake at the time you saw the ball or did you fall back to sleep again afterwards?

Oddly I had a bizarre optical illusion when I woke up this morning as well, although it's pretty mundane compared to yours.

I woke up and looked at my girlfriend (she was awake before me) who was on the other side of the room typing on the PC then I noticed that the Red and Black Duvet that I had fallen asleep with was now inexplicably Orange and Green.. I just sat there puzzled for a second mumbled a few incomprehensible things to my gf and then immediately fell back to sleep, when I awoke again a few minutes later the Duvet was back to normal.

Really odd

[edit on 6-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Morning Dave

I was awake for a good hour before falling back to sleep. I was very shaken by the dream...and could not settle easily.

I did not wake my partner, but lay there thinking and just quietly calming down.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's amazing how little we know about how the brain works, and the transition between sleeping and wakefulness is particularly mysterious.

There isn't even a consensus on why we even need to sleep at all as far as I know as well as what purpose dreams have, why people have lucid dreams etc etc.

It's really fascinating.

Have you seen the movie "A Waking Life"?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
did you ever find out what it was? same thing happened to me although ball was green :/ reply to: stellify

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
About your Orb, in June 2013, my friend saw an orb enter my body in the middle of the night. It had woken her up... I had a very vivid dream that night, every one was scared to go into public because of the virus...and the second part of the dream. There were these things really high up in the sky, kind of like the bomber scene of of Furry when they all looked up and saw the trails of the bombers. They were all shooting across the sky. And one shot at the sun and the sun turned black. And the electric went out immediately...... only end of world dream I've really ever had. But all and all, I believe the orbs are connected. If it happened to you, there has to be some connection between us all which led to it choosing us. What is it?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheeFox

I often wake up and see a red orb in the room with me.

It's usually following an unpleasant dream or uncomfortable sleep

Very unsure of what it may be.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellify
I wanted to share this experience which happened around 3.15am this morning.

I was dreaming - I rarely have nightmares - and was in a store with friends. It was a sunny day outside, the shop was expansive and had large windows to the front which I could see a skyline and clouds. It was later in the day - I could tell by the colour of the sky.

All of a sudden I hear my friend jason say, "did you hear that?". I had not heard anything, but I could feel the mood around me change as people began to become very unnerved.

I looked out of the window and saw a gigantic explosion, quite close but not right next to us.

Jason shouted, "The football ground" and I made sure we ran behind some pillars to make sure we were protected from flying glass.

I was lying on the floor as the glass came in and my right leg was exposed. At that point I woke up and looked to my left. There was a red ball of light hovering there which quickly faded.

There are no light sources in my room.

Is this my optic nerve? I have had this red ball before and it was after a similarly unpleasant experience in bed.

That's a really cool story- I've had moments that are similarly scary. This is likely sleep paralysis. A lot of odd sightings/paranormal acivity is completely discounted by this.

If you're just waking up, or falling asleep- don't believe anything you see.

Middle of the day, wide awake (or just wide awake at any time)....then I would be more concerned.

Thanks for the interesting story and thanks for sharing. I'd share one or two but I'm the worst storyteller to ever walk the planet!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join